Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 30, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #20,462 of 64,395
Guys, it looks like KZ decided to place both BA drivers in the nozzle. Also, small dynamic no longer has a larger hole on the board (this could just be marketing photos and not representative of the real product, but 2 BA in the nozzle is probably how it is now).
This looks a lot like the 1more Tripple Driver with 2 BA drivers in the nozzle and big dynamic in the back, except KZ adds a micro driver as well.
It really does look like these 3 openings on the back are fully used, we could be looking at the new sound stage champion, but lets see how bad the isolation is first.
Funny thing, notice the screws and the holes they go in, one of them next to big dynamic driver is just for that extra Campfire Andromeda look :beyersmile:
ZS6 has electronic frequency division too

Aug 30, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #20,463 of 64,395
Guys, it looks like KZ decided to place both BA drivers in the nozzle. Also, small dynamic no longer has a larger hole on the board (this could just be marketing photos and not representative of the real product, but 2 BA in the nozzle is probably how it is now).
This looks a lot like the 1more Tripple Driver with 2 BA drivers in the nozzle and big dynamic in the back, except KZ adds a micro driver as well.
It really does look like these 3 openings on the back are fully used, we could be looking at the new sound stage champion, but lets see how bad the isolation is first.
Funny thing, notice the screws and the holes they go in, one of them next to big dynamic driver is just for that extra Campfire Andromeda look :beyersmile:
HTB1WMZya.FWMKJjSZFvq6yenFXax.jpg

HTB1yi0wbUcKL1JjSZFzq6AfJXXaG.jpg
I think it will be easy to improve isolation by taping over 1 or more of those vents.

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #20,465 of 64,395
HTB1WMZya.FWMKJjSZFvq6yenFXax.jpg

HTB1yi0wbUcKL1JjSZFzq6AfJXXaG.jpg

Looks like the people who started the "only 2 of the drivers are connected in the ZS5" rumors will be eating crow on this one...

eat crow.jpg

Hopefully the treble isn't going to be too sharp and/or sibilant.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #20,467 of 64,395
Looks like the people who started the "only 2 of the drivers are connected in the ZS5" rumors will be eating crow on this one...

They'll still claim it's fake I'm sure. Still trying to learn how to use my measurement device so I can measure the ZS5 with the other two drivers enabled/disabled to see if they really are adding nothing. Might be somewhat pointless now, esp. since everyone has moved onto the new hotness, but I still want to check.

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #20,470 of 64,395
They'll still claim it's fake I'm sure. Still trying to learn how to use my measurement device so I can measure the ZS5 with the other two drivers enabled/disabled to see if they really are adding nothing. Might be somewhat pointless now, esp. since everyone has moved onto the new hotness, but I still want to check.

I think it would still be very relevant. We still discuss plenty of old KZ models around here, and I foresee the ZS5 still being recommended to people (for example, if someone asks for a good IEM recommendation under $20).

BTW, what's your new toy? ARTA?

Aug 30, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #20,471 of 64,395
I think it would still be very relevant. We still discuss plenty of old KZ models around here, and I foresee the ZS5 still being recommended to people (for example, if someone asks for a good IEM recommendation under $20).

BTW, what's your new toy? ARTA?

Just the cheapo DaytonAudio iMM-6. Lots of people here use it so as long as it's calibrated correctly, which it should be now, it should allow for comparable measurements. This thread in particular; https://head-fi.org/threads/crinacles-fr-measurement-database-311-iems-measured.830062/

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #20,472 of 64,395

That infamous rant video...
Good thing that KZ is still doing their thing and don't really care about that stuff, as you can see by the micro driver position. I think that they made both BA drivers smaller than before in order to fit inside the bore. It must have a very different sound all things considered: changed BA drivers, changed driver position, opened the back plus included the cross over circuitry (I am just repeating what @robervaul said). I think we should all get hyped about this one, it's a potential game changer, perhaps it would be just by improving build quality over ZS5 and we are getting so much more than that.

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #20,473 of 64,395
Not necessarily, in-fact a similar mod that blocks off the font port has been tested on the ZS5 and actually increases bass response.

It would also just force more air to flow through the uncovered vents.

Covering the front vent on dynamic driver in-ears results in an increased bass response whereas covering the rear vent will reduce sub-bass levels.

Aug 30, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #20,475 of 64,395
One more thing that is bugging me, this might not be so important to some, but for me, it is. Do we actually have any info about the shell? Is it really going to be metal? Okay there is a short discription where someone mentiones that his source says it is a metal shell, and okay there are these bolts that we can see on the pictures, but are there any “official” spec that clearly states this? I really want it to be metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back