Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 27, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #20,284 of 64,389
+1==you got good taste

Haha.. Have to give thanks to you and Vidal for your valuable insights on Vidal's site.

Honestly, made a fair bit of purchasing decisions based on the reviews you guys did. Mainly because the descriptions and preferences from you guys match quite well with my own. Of course I had to cross reference other forums and sites too. :wink:

Aug 27, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #20,285 of 64,389
Still waiting on my ZS5 from gearbest lol
gotta love that free >1 month shipping

I paid $2.81 extra for 7-10 day shipping but it'll be three weeks tomorrow. Still no ZS5. Fortunately, I don't need it.

Aug 27, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #20,287 of 64,389
Oh yes. I flipped the left and right channel as well, so it’s now an over the ear cable design. Definitely helps with ergonomics.

Bass definitely is less boomy, and trebles are slightly extended after this mod. Did a brief comparison with a stock pair of ZSE to confirm this.

Cable is also running 2.5mm connection to my 300R, so that may have altered the source signal slightly.

Nice idea with the switching channels!

Aug 27, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #20,288 of 64,389
That sounds like pricey stuff.

Not an area I want to get into, too many hobbies already. :D

Not sure who or what you're talking about.

mind-reader-1.jpg

Aug 27, 2017 at 1:15 PM Post #20,291 of 64,389
Aug 27, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #20,294 of 64,389
So, the one that we've talked about, ZSR is now KZ's mid range? And ZS10 is the new flagship? Just when I thought that naming couldn't get more confusing. This is what happens when you have 5 or more products in development stage and absolutely need to release them. The good thing is that we have quarterly push of the sound quality instead of yearly.

Aug 27, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #20,295 of 64,389
Has anyone compared the Somic v4 and LIAM & DAAN swan with the zs5?
impressions?

I own the Somic V4 and I have the ZS5 on order. I'm expecting them to arrive next week *knock on wood* though the post office has been rather slow and erratic lately. I'll try to remember to post a small comparison between them when I do, or just keep an eye on this thread and call me up when I post a response about them if I forget.

From what I've read though about the ZS5, I don't think or am expecting them to sound similar to the Somic at all. I'm expecting the ZS5 to sound a lot more lively than the Somic with very forward vocals and treble, but more refined and perhaps a bit more detailed than on the ZST.

I would really only compare the Somic V4 with the KZ ATE. I think those two are much more similar in terms of sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back