Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 26, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #18,511 of 64,382
Bluetooth adapter arrived today, as I mentioned they made me choose between ZS3/ZS5 or ZST ... the box says ZS3 on it, so presumerably there is a difference.

Only sad thing is, still no sign of my ZS5 showing up.
what is that???

Jun 26, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #18,514 of 64,382
Jun 26, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #18,515 of 64,382
$20 is an awesome price for the ZS5.

At times, it mostly sounds like a $100 IEM, but then some songs get muffled. Tame that and it is very, very good. I'll have to try the comply's, which normally makes bass much less clear to me instead of the other way around.
Bhazard, try the Comply T400 tips one size smaller than your regular size eg. if you normally use the L size then go for the M size instead. The M size still fit snugly in my ear without having to compress the tips before insertion like the L size. The one size smaller T400 tips actually attenuates the low frequencies making the low end tighter and less bloomy. At the same time, it also tame the high frequency peaks, making the ZS5 less splashy and sibilant up top. With this method, the mid frequencies now sound clearer and more detailed.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #18,517 of 64,382
Bluetooth adapter arrived today, as I mentioned they made me choose between ZS3/ZS5 or ZST ... the box says ZS3 on it, so presumerably there is a difference.

Only sad thing is, still no sign of my ZS5 showing up.

Yes, the wire housing with the 2 pins are slightly different between ZS3/ZS5 and ZST. Do keep us posted on battery life...I'm hesitant to purchase it as some comments on taobao mention only 2hrs. If it can hit 4hrs I can still live with that.

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #18,519 of 64,382
Hey I know a lot of you all dont use the ED4. I use them for yard work, and commuting mainly but I noticed today that the screen popped off one of the nozzles. I had a tough time fitting the screen back on the nozzle. Feel like it might pop out the next time I take off the tip.

Isnt the screens purpose just to collect ear wax and protect the inner part of the nozzle?

Just thinking If I was careful and made sure my ears werent too waxy when wearing can I go without the screens and that shouldnt affect the sound?

Appreciate it anyone who can answer this.

Jun 27, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #18,520 of 64,382
Yes, the wire housing with the 2 pins are slightly different between ZS3/ZS5 and ZST. Do keep us posted on battery life...I'm hesitant to purchase it as some comments on taobao mention only 2hrs. If it can hit 4hrs I can still live with that.

I'll definitely purchase one if it has 6+ hours of battery life.

Will do as soon as my ZS5's arrive! Bit worried as someone said NiceHCK is a slow shipper a few pages back!

Don't have high hopes for six hours, the manual says 3-4 if I recall correctly, will confirm later

Jun 27, 2017 at 1:58 AM Post #18,521 of 64,382
I'm using JVC Spiral Dots for tips, and it tames the bass ever so slightly. There's still bloominess, but it's not as intolerable as the narrower bore KZ tips. Having done some A/B testing against my ZST and ZS3, I can see where some how found similarities with the ZST, but I find the ZS5 to have much more body and warmth to it. I vastly prefer the sound (with some brain burn in) of the ZS5 as it gives me a combination of the ZST and ZS3 without too many glaring compromises. Basically the ZST and ZS3 have now been relegated to gym duty.

Jun 27, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #18,522 of 64,382
I'll definitely purchase one if it has 6+ hours of battery life.

I asked the usual taobao shop where I get my KZ stuff from, they say max volume continuous play can reach 3hrs or so for the KZ BT module, available for ZST/ED12 and ZS3/ZS5. BTW supposedly the newer BT module is now BT 4.2, vs 4.1 of the initial batch which I think they recalled due to low battery life and connectivity issues. I will get a ZST one to try...

Jun 27, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #18,524 of 64,382
Will do as soon as my ZS5's arrive! Bit worried as someone said NiceHCK is a slow shipper a few pages back!

Don't have high hopes for six hours, the manual says 3-4 if I recall correctly, will confirm later

I've ordered 3 times recently at NiceHCK and all were shipped a day after ordering.

However the first order was waiting to be picked up by the courier for 5 days. The second and third order were picked up a day after i got my shipping confirmation.

Jun 27, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #18,525 of 64,382
I asked the usual taobao shop where I get my KZ stuff from, they say max volume continuous play can reach 3hrs or so for the KZ BT module, available for ZST/ED12 and ZS3/ZS5. BTW supposedly the newer BT module is now BT 4.2, vs 4.1 of the initial batch which I think they recalled due to low battery life and connectivity issues. I will get a ZST one to try...
Link dude. Ordering 4 more silver cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back