Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 23, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #14,748 of 63,915

we all hear things differently, but i'm a little surprised that people consider the ed9 (gold filter) to be basshead--its lowend is definitely north of neutral, but not exaggerated. the ed10 and zs3, to name a couple, have deeper and more impactful bass than the ed9

I read so many unthinkable things around head-fi that now I'm skeptical with pretty much everything people say. Still a good reference place, all the KZ I managed to listen surprised me.

Dec 23, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #14,750 of 63,915
I'll replace the ED4 with that then, or replace the EDR1?

From what was said back in the day (i.e. near when this thread first started), the EDR1 and EDse (which I see you have) sounded the same or  at least very similar. If that's true, no need to get the EDR1. Keep the ED4 and go for the ED3c/m. ED4 and ED3c are pretty different, so you'll get a unique listen from each. ED4 is hyper-aggressive (imo) and the ED3c warm, mellow, and laid back.

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #14,752 of 63,915
I got my Tennmak Pro's. I've been listening for around 10 hours now.

They are very balanced, but just a little bit bass/mid bass heavy. They are clear and accurate. Highs are reserved but detailed. I'm having trouble finding a soundstage though.

To me, the sound signature is more neutral and all around better than both the KZ ATE & ATR, but the ATR's have a giant soundstage where the Tennmak Pro's leave more to be desired.

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #14,753 of 63,915
KZ has discontinued their current HDSE model production and now in the midst of development of a newer version, just in case anyone might be interested in their bluetooth earphones.

Still curiously waiting for news on the KZ ZSR though. Hope it'll be early next year.

Dec 24, 2016 at 4:42 AM Post #14,755 of 63,915
Got ZST today. Paid for priority service and got it in 8 days. It came to my next city in just 4 days but Gati decided to take a 4 day break. Ordered a ZS3 back in Sep but that never reached any further than the customs. 
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, after a few hours of burnin I didn't notice any change. I can say that these are nice pair of IEMs for the price. The bass is not much, highs are ok(edit:there is a little peak at 8-10k, the S-splash), doesn't extend that well but we are talking about a sub $10 IEM here. The thing that bothered me is the mids, it sounds thin. Vocals are at times sound distant. Not my fav signature. Soundstage is decent and separation is good. Overall a good VFM. I stopped investing in IEMs after Senn IE80 since my ear canals are not symmetrical and I struggle for a fit. That could be a problem that I am not hearing things that people here are. I don't have the silver cable but I am vary of investing any more in this. This is my first KZ, my brother has ATR (and he likes it). I haven't heard it yet. Maybe will get a chance to listen and compare it in recent future. 

From memory, I can relate it to Xiaomi Piston 3.0 which was decent fit and comfortable to wear and I didn't have anything against Pistons albeit the bass which might be similar to the ZST.

Edit2: Found a fit with different tips. The bass is more prominent than before but the rest are the same.

Edit3: With little EQ I solved my problems, now it sounds good. 
beerchug.gif

Dec 24, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #14,756 of 63,915
rikk009 Try to get a good seal, check the cable connections, in my ZST the lows come in good amounts, nothing is thin sounding.

Ok dear headfiers, let me wish you Merry Christmas! Have a good time with your family and friends and your favourite music too! :smiley:

Dec 24, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #14,757 of 63,915
Unexpectedly got my ZST 'colorful' today. They are really sexy!!
But the sound is not of my preference. While they are technically capable, sibilance on vocals is very distracting. Well I was kinda expecting this so it'll all good. ATR will be the KZ of my choice for now. :D

Merry Christmas to all.

Dec 24, 2016 at 8:41 AM Post #14,759 of 63,915
From what was said back in the day (i.e. near when this thread first started), the EDR1 and EDse (which I see you have) sounded the same or  at least very similar. If that's true, no need to get the EDR1. Keep the ED4 and go for the ED3c/m. ED4 and ED3c are pretty different, so you'll get a unique listen from each. ED4 is hyper-aggressive (imo) and the ED3c warm, mellow, and laid back.

I only wanted the EDR1 to test those claims. That means I have reports of the EDSE, ED2, EDR2 and EDR1 being the same. I guess I'll sub out the EDR1 though. Already ordered 3 EDR2s. I guess the ED2 and EDR1 will wait. I'll throw in the ED3

+1 Keep the ATR.

Guess I'll keep it, that's the one constant recommendation
Pretty sure I have a pair here that I've not been able to sell, if you'll pay for the postage I'll send them to you.

I would, but I only have like $2.80 on my PayPal. Unless you somehow can ship it for that price, then I'll have to pass :frowning2:

Dec 24, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #14,760 of 63,915
I only wanted the EDR1 to test those claims. That means I have reports of the EDSE, ED2, EDR2 and EDR1 being the same. I guess I'll sub out the EDR1 though. Already ordered 3 EDR2s. I guess the ED2 and EDR1 will wait. I'll throw in the ED3.
Guess I'll keep it, that's the one constant recommendation

I've got the EDse and EDR2 and they're about as different as it gets. Mind you, the EDR2 I received came with all the vents glued shut so it's fully sealed. Others did not have theirs arrive like that which could account for the vastly differing opinions. My EDR2 is probably the most neutral sounding of all the KZs I own.

ATR is definitely worth keeping. Good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back