Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 17, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #11,688 of 64,396
  They should, in theory, all be fine now. KZ recalled the launch batch pretty quickly and held off shipping till they were all* addressed. 

*most
frown.gif

ETA - Thanks for the edit B9S, that makes me feel much better!
wink.gif

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #11,689 of 64,396
roy_jones nice profile pic man was listening to Angel from that album on my ATE's the other day, it sounds great on them bass levels just right :)

Got any quick impressions B9?

Aug 18, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #11,693 of 64,396
But clarity wise... my verdict is ZS3 is more clear.

Aug 18, 2016 at 5:39 AM Post #11,694 of 64,396
  Mine were (supposedly) from the second batch and they are faulty. I have been offered a partial refund which I am contesting, especially considering the delay (I ordered them in June!). I shall report back with the outcome.

Full refund received, time to move on. The money is being invested in these puppies:

http://penonaudio.com/Earphones/earbuds/AUGLAMOUR-RX-1

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #11,695 of 64,396

I also got them from the 10 dollar ebay seller.  My fingers are crossed as well.  My fear is that KZ unloaded all of the defective units for cheap to recoup some expenses and that might be what we are getting.  Oh well...for 10 bucks I won't feel bad trying to open it up and fix it :)

It was marked as shipped Aug 5th, but expected delivery date is Aug 22-Sept 27th :)

I have both ED9 and ATE which I enjoy immensely for the price.  Hoping these will be good too.

Aug 18, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #11,696 of 64,396
  roy_jones nice profile pic man was listening to Angel from that album on my ATE's the other day, it sounds great on them bass levels just right :)

Got any quick impressions B9?

These are still VERY early impressions so please take them lightly. So far they seem to have very smooth and relaxed treble, especially compared to the majority of KZs. Quite energetic though. Bass is more prevalent than I was expecting. Still, it's pretty quick and doesn't seem to bleed into the mids, so that's a plus. Midrange is very clear. Great soundstage and imaging. Immediately improved over the ATE/ZS1/ZN1 Mini which were all pretty great.

I keep the hopes high but since I got them for $10 I'm afraid they will be faulty, but we'll see...

BTW b9, somewhere I found that you find the edr2s the most HiFi kzs. What do you think now?

Haven't compared them to the EDR2 yet. I might hold off on doing so since my EDR2 doesn't seem to be representative of the majority, at least for now. 

Aug 18, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #11,697 of 64,396
What fascinates me is that there's not so much "up" about the zn1, zs2, hds1 and 3, edr2 and ed3 in all its forms. It seems most people get the ATE or ed9 and never look back (?).

Thanks b9, hoping the bass won't be too apparent for me though

Aug 18, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #11,698 of 64,396
I surprises me too tbh. The ZN1 Mini is nice, but personally I still prefer my original ZS1 (with brass ring and crossover, both removed in the current revision) by a large margin. The ZN1 sounds veiled. The ZS1 is stupidly bassy yes, but despite that it's very clear, has lovely mids, and sounds a step above the rest of the ZS series. Well, except for the ZS3.

When I tried to inquire about the ZS2 with the only person I know of who had it, my inquiry was met with rabid and aggressive disrespect so I'm left thinking it's going to sound like the ZS1 (current revision) and ZN1 Mini which sound identical.

There are a couple reviews up for the HDS1 (including mine) but the majority of comments simply revolve around them being one of the more neutral KZs. HDS3, well, I don't like how they sound at all. Muddy, overly mid-bassy, lacking clarity. Just blah. At least they're better than the HDS2 which takes all those negatives to another level, though it does have a good soundstage in it's favor.

Comments on the EDR2 are mostly varied from what I can gather. 

The ED3 is all over the place too, probably because there are too many variants and unofficial names. Basically comes down the ED3 Perfection (i.e. original) being neutral-ish with a treble-head tilt, and the ED3 c/Acme/Youth being warm and somewhat bassy. I know there was one other variant, but I can't recall off the top of my head what it's called or how it was supposed to sound.

If you found the EDR2 too bassy, the ZS3 is a bass cannon in comparison (imo). 

Aug 18, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #11,699 of 64,396
@B9Scrambler I have ZS2 with me. If you want I can try to do a quick comparison with other KZs I have like ATE. I don't have ZS1, ZN1 or ZN mini though.
Personally I do not like them much, and have never given much thought to them even though they are the most beautiful of all my earphones. They sort of lack the clarity that I get with other earphones and feel slow so don't go very well my music. Haven't been able to find proper tips for them too from my small collection; using them with kz black 'foams'

Looking forward to more impressions on the ATR, and ED7. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back