Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 16, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #11,672 of 63,917
  That looks like the cable on my ATE (both sets), or am I missing something?

The EDse cable looks very similar, but has that same slight sheen I'm seeing on the ATR's cable. It has next to no memory, is very flexible but slightly stiffer than the ATE's cable, and most importantly, isn't even remotely sticky. It is a very good cable imo. Here's hoping @Podster has both and can verify.

Aug 16, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #11,674 of 63,917
Hello guys. Is it safe to order kz zs3? I read there was a recall on the first batch!

They're not on recall anymore. You have the green flag to --> go!  
wink.gif

Aug 17, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #11,676 of 63,917
  They're not on recall anymore. You have the green flag to --> go!  
wink.gif

Mine were (supposedly) from the second batch and they are faulty. I have been offered a partial refund which I am contesting, especially considering the delay (I ordered them in June!). I shall report back with the outcome.

Aug 17, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #11,677 of 63,917
  Mine were (supposedly) from the second batch and they are faulty. I have been offered a partial refund which I am contesting, especially considering the delay (I ordered them in June!). I shall report back with the outcome.

Sorry to hear that.
frown.gif

Hopefully, KZ can show some improvement in their QC department.....Anyone else having these same issues?

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #11,680 of 63,917

Thanks for letting us know. I've been itching to order a pair, but have held back for exactly this reason.  I may order a pair of ed9s instead.  I'm big on ergonomics and liked the shell design of the ZS3. 

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #11,681 of 63,917
  Thanks for letting us know. I've been itching to order a pair, but have held back for exactly this reason.  I may order a pair of ed9s instead.  I'm big on ergonomics and liked the shell design of the ZS3. 

I told them I would rather have a replacement than a refund, I'm happy to give them another try.

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #11,682 of 63,917
Well, I take back what I said about ordering the ED9s, as I'm reading that they're not great for isolation.  Hoping the ATE is better for gym use as the bastards at my gym blast their own garbage music, making it difficult to drown it out. 

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #11,683 of 63,917
  I told them I would rather have a replacement than a refund, I'm happy to give them another try.

I was going to suggest you order a pair of Vivo ex 800s.  I've got a pair coming and am excited to get them.  They were said to be a good deal at $50, but there's an AE seller who has them for $18 and I *think* they're genuine. 

Aug 17, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #11,684 of 63,917
  I was going to suggest you order a pair of Vivo ex 800s.  I've got a pair coming and am excited to get them.  They were said to be a good deal at $50, but there's an AE seller who has them for $18 and I *think* they're genuine. 

Thanks for the tip but the ZS3 are going to be my last IEMs for a while, I've moved into earbud territory (Monk+ and TY Hi-Z so far). I prefer the fit and relative openness, plus the sound is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back