Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 15, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #11,641 of 64,396
Hello, which ATE would you guys recommend for un-amped listening - between those two particular options:
ATE  http://www.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_216373.html
ATE-S  http://www.gearbest.com/sports-fitness-headphones/pp_273535.html

I have sifted through the last 50-70 pages of this thread, I've red Coil's overview, but I still can't decide. That particular ATE (in the link above) should supposedly be 3rd gen, how does it compare to the ATE-S?

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #11,643 of 64,396
  Hello, which ATE would you guys recommend for un-amped listening - between those two particular options:
ATE  http://www.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_216373.html
ATE-S  http://www.gearbest.com/sports-fitness-headphones/pp_273535.html

I have sifted through the last 50-70 pages of this thread, I've red Coil's overview, but I still can't decide. That particular ATE (in the link above) should supposedly be 3rd gen, how does it compare to the ATE-S?

I'd say go with the ATE but i'm a newbie when it comes to audio equipment.  

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #11,644 of 64,396
  There are at least 4 different versions of ATE:

1) Silver ATE with vent holes and with black/gold metal cable "reliefs". Driver inside has red plastic housing.
This is my first version:

2) Translucent black ATE with vent holes and with silver/gold metal cable "reliefs". Driver inside has red plastic housing.
This is my second version: 

3) Translucent black ATE without vent holes and with black/gold metal cable "reliefs". Driver inside should have blue plastic housing (not 100% sure).
4) Translucent black ATE-S with black memory wires and with red plastic cable "reliefs".

1st and 2nd generation ATE should be using same drivers and difference in sound basically came only from different housing material.
3rd generation ATE should have blue housing drivers inside and don`t have vent holes on housing - this is where ATE got different feedback from several ppl as I remember.
4th generation ATE-S looks clearly different by cables and should have bassier sound according  to many ppl. Information about driver housing colour is missing to me and vent holes seems also to be a mixed bag - some have them some don`t, at least I know so.

Hope this makes clearer which ATE to get. From my personal experience and others impressions 2nd generation ATE seems to be best. Idk if there still are any available though. Maybe ask seller before buying?

I just saw this post. I bought another pair of ATE  from KZ official store on Aliexpress ( i think)  today and it's pending shipment. How generous of them to not wait 24 hours payment verification. lol

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ATE-Copper-Driver-Ear-Hook-HiFi-In-Ear-Earphone-Sport-Headphones-For-Running-With-Foam/32337313320.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.63.DKmkR3

I'm afraid i will get the 3rd Gen ATE. what should i be worried about the quality?

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #11,647 of 64,396

Was that a yes to my question? 
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 15, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #11,649 of 64,396

ATE Black (Transparent)
Is there a big difference between silver and black? and never heard of ATE with vents before :)

I have had all versions and yes there is quite a noticable difference.

silver is MUCH brighter than transparent/black,  both version were made with and without vents, vents increase bass response. so black with vents is my favorite.

i am sad both my ATR ordered got cancelled or had items replaced, not sure what the problem is, but every seller said they ran out of ATR stock and are waiting for more, but I don't think i've seen a single person post about having gotten an ATR. @1clearhead

Aug 15, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #11,650 of 64,396
Aug 15, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #11,651 of 64,396
Those ZS3 are no joke. I leave them burning in and every time I switch to them to listen I am impressed. Not sure how they got all that sub bass out of a 8mm driver. It's a mystery.

Aug 15, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #11,652 of 64,396
  Hey, anyone got their ZS3 from these seller? I could not resist and pulled the trigger on these ones. 9-and-something euros. Hope they are not defectful... 

I also bought the bamboo large ones and some other stuff from AE and Ebay... Just when I was behaving so well controlling the online shopping tendencies... :frowning2: 

But now I'm waiting for some wooden DZAT and VJJB, four KZs (also got a black ED9 and a IE80... ), a new cable for my Tennmak Pros and some new pads for my ATH50. I hate myself... 

I ordered one last week; couldn't really resist at that price. Hopefully they're not factory rejects (especially given KZ's quality control).

Aug 15, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #11,653 of 64,396
I've been personally using ZS3 and also selling them for the past 3 days.
I am glad to say there are no QC issues after selling  a couple of them.
The common complaints are that there is initially no sound on 1 side, but after re-sitting they are ok. 
Other than that, some commented that the memory band is a bit awkward..
Sound Quality wise no one in their right mind actually complaint !

And compared to ATE and ED7 which i have both, the ZS3 is in a different league altogether with superiority in the following;

1. Fit and Seal. I find that the seal is fantastic because of the earpiece shape which just fits very snugly into the ears. I've never used CIEM so i cant compare with the fit, but the fit is the best i've put on. i also noticed in 2 different person that when they put on the IEM and start meddling with the controls in their phones, they couldnt hear me when i speak to them. that's how good the isolation is too.

2. Audio. If the ATE gave you the 'wow' feeling, then multiply it by 3-5 times when you put on the ZS3 because that's just how a layman like me will describe it. The sound is all very balance and have a much better overall resonance as compared to ATE (and ATE(S))

3. Build. Another factor which probably adds slightly to the price. the 'matte' finish is classy, the fonts on the IEM looks designed by an artist.

4. Replaceable cables... Well, that's self explanatory and non-existence for the ATE.

Aug 15, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #11,654 of 64,396
Originally Posted by koroshiya8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The common complaints are that there is initially no sound on 1 side, but after re-sitting they are ok. 

What does 're-sitting' mean, please? Mine are defective (30% less volume and little bass in the left side).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back