Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 25, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #10,396 of 64,384
Hi Guys.
Does any one of you own the TUNA Micro Ring: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-DEL-mobile-phone-earphones-heavy-bass-sport-HIFI-noise-cancelling-in-ear-headsets-music/1478574098.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.261.Nbh0AY

Does any one of you who own the KZ Micro Ring can tell if both are the same?
I never had the KZ Micro Ring. It is out of stock now and I was thinking probably this TUNA Micro Ring is the same.

Thanks

They are not KZ Micro Ring... IMHO if you Google Sidy HK1... You will find them similar looking.... They sound pretty good for 16$ USD.. Cheers

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #10,397 of 64,384
They are not KZ Micro Ring... IMHO if you Google Sidy HK1... You will find them similar looking.... They sound pretty good for 16$ USD.. Cheers

Thanks Wokei. I'll add them to my shopping list. 
dt880smile.png

Mar 26, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #10,398 of 64,384
Recieved my Zs1 IEMs a few days back and was dissappointed to hear that the bass was nothing exceptional and very similar to my xiaomi hybrids. Overall nice sounding earphone but was expecting much more from the bass side, am I missing something?

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #10,399 of 64,384
Recieved my Zs1 IEMs a few days back and was dissappointed to hear that the bass was nothing exceptional and very similar to my xiaomi hybrids. Overall nice sounding earphone but was expecting much more from the bass side, am I missing something?

Sounds like the bass aspect is missing :wink: Are you running stock tips because they kinda ruin the experience imo? I suggest something such as, or similar to, JVC's stock wide bores.

Mar 26, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #10,400 of 64,384
got this message from zenith store...

Code:
[color=rgb(51, 51, 51)] Hi My Dear Friend For a long time without your news,I hope everything goes well with you and your family. I am glad to tell you,The Big Sale Day: 29 March is coming,you can visit our Shop,we have add more new Earphones and Headphones on our store. And All Items will be 30% off, the up to 90% Off on 29-3 Mar. So waitting for your coming and Add your favorite Earphone and Headphone to your "Shopping Cart". I am looking forward to service for you Again. This link is a new shop about us, we hope that our cooperation once again. You can click on the link below: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1707532 OR Search " QKZ " to Find our store !! Welcome to our shop to choose your product and add products to your shopping cart. Best Wishes Anna Kay[/color]

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1707532

Seems like big sale is coming !!!

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #10,401 of 64,384

Code:
[color=rgb(51,51,51)]
Hi My Dear Friend 
For a long time without your news,I hope everything goes well with you and your family.
I am glad to tell you,The Big Sale Day: 29 March is coming,you can visit our Shop,we have add more new Earphones and Headphones on our store.
And All Items will be 30% off, the up to 90% Off on 29-3 Mar.
So waitting for your coming and Add your favorite Earphone and Headphone to your "Shopping Cart".
I am looking forward to service for you Again.
This link is a new shop about us, we hope that our cooperation once again.
You can click on the link below:
OR Search " QKZ " to Find our store !!
Welcome to our shop to choose your product and add products to your shopping cart.
Best Wishes
Anna Kay
[/color]

Qkz?????

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #10,402 of 64,384

Code:
[color=rgb(51, 51, 51)] Hi My Dear Friend For a long time without your news,I hope everything goes well with you and your family. I am glad to tell you,The Big Sale Day: 29 March is coming,you can visit our Shop,we have add more new Earphones and Headphones on our store. And All Items will be 30% off, the up to 90% Off on 29-3 Mar. So waitting for your coming and Add your favorite Earphone and Headphone to your "Shopping Cart". I am looking forward to service for you Again. This link is a new shop about us, we hope that our cooperation once again. You can click on the link below: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1707532 OR Search " QKZ " to Find our store !! Welcome to our shop to choose your product and add products to your shopping cart. Best Wishes Anna Kay[/color]

Nice find! I'm actually starting to be afraid of the upcoming sale. It sounds like it will be epic. I hope I don't starve next month!

Mar 26, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #10,407 of 64,384
Mar 27, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #10,410 of 64,384
Posted this in the Chinese/Asian Brand thread. Figured it would be relevant on the KZ thread.

Can anyone give a comparison of the ZN1 mini / ATE vs QKZ W1 Pro?

Here we go! ZS1 also included per request from @vegetaleb

Relevant information; I'm a very low volume listener. This test was run straight out of my Asus G73 using this mix primarily. That plus I have many hours on each iem anyway with a variety of other songs, genres, and sources (HTC One M8 and Topping NX1 primarily). That past experience will also be taken into account.

W1 Pro using large UE600 tips. ATE using large silicones very similar to stock, but with softer material. ZN1 Mini using medium UE600 tips. ZS1 using random mushroom-shaped medium silicones.

All four iems are warm sounding, with the W1/ATE being the least warm, ZS1 being most warm.

Everything here is my opinion. I know there will be disagreement. Awesome! That's what a forum is for.

Finally, my ATE is not the stompy bass monster that everyone in the KZ thread seems to have. Every one I've listened to/own (had 4 run through my possession, own 2) has been mostly mid-centric with early roll off on both ends. I've been using the ATE a lot recently and have noticed bass quantity increasing slightly, so there's that. *shrug*. I'm thinking they benefit from a long period of use.

Bass Quantity: ZS1 > ZN1 > W1 > ATE

ZS1 easily takes the cake here. Bass is massive, digs deep, and kicks hard. ZN1 is more mid-bassy and tames down the sub-bass but still has plenty of both. Not a huge fan of the ZN1 since it sounds like a neutered ZS1. W1 is much less bassy with more focus on a nice thumpy low end. ATE is similar, but with less sub-bass.

Bass Quality: W1 > ZN1 > ATE > ZS1

Bass on the W1 is the tightest of the bunch with the most control and a really pleasing texture. It doesn't skimp anywhere either. The ZS1's bass is exceptionally thumpy and deep, giving you an awesome club feel. It is a little too smoothed over though. The ATE's bass is a little anemic in comparison, but it has great texture and is super tight. The ZN1 finds a nice balance between the two, offering up the snappy feeling of the ATE but with more presence.My favorite is the ZS1, even if it isn't the best.

Mids: ATE > W1 > ZN1 = ZS1

The mids of the ATE are glorious. Forward, detailed, smoothed, and in no way veiled. The W1 offers up much of the same, but with a bit less warmth and a touch of crispiness in the upper regions. I find the ZN1 and ZS1 nearly identical here, you just have to turn down the bass on the ZS1 to let their mids shine. All are quite good, but the ATE is a step above.

Treble: ATE > ZN1 > ZS1 > W1

To my surprise, I ended up preferring the ATE here. I found it offered up the most detail and was the cleanest of the bunch. The ZN1 and ZS1 were again very similar, but the ZN1's greater treble energy won out. The W1 wasn't bad by any means, but it wasn't as smooth as the others, though detail and clarity were up there with the ATE. I have low tolerance for any splashiness, something KZ has done a good job of cleaning up with recent releases.

Build Quality: ZS1 > W1 > ZN1 > ATE

The W1, like the others, uses plastic for the housings. While the plastic is of lower quality than on the ZN1/ZS1, fit and finish is flawless. The cable is easily the best of the bunch as well; smooth, flexible, lacking memory, and removable. The ZS1 and ZN1 are nigh identical, save for the cable and sharp edges on the ZN1 that the ZS1 is lacking. Personal preference; I like the ZS1's high quality memory wire and normal cable length. The ZN1's cable is exceptionally thick and durable, but very short and not as flexible as the competition. This contributes to a low standing in the next category. The ATE is just fine all around. housing plastic feels a bit cheap, the housing but the gap between the two pieces looks subpar. The cable is typical KZ. Good strain relief, low on memory, but a bit sticky. 

Comfort: ZS1 = ATE, W1, ZN1

My current tips and properly bended memory wire on the ZS1 means they nearly disappear in my ears. I can wear them for hours, no problem. The ATE is pretty much the same, sans memory wire. The W1 I had tons of issues with at first. Once I found the right tips things were greatly improved. Still, wearing them with glasses and a hat can be annoying due to the memory wire (which is vastly superior on the ZS1) and I end up fiddling with fitment consistently. The ZN1.....where do I start? At first I couldn't get them to stay at all. Due to the lack of memory wire the tips I use on the ZS1 didn't work and they kept popping out. The housing also has a sharp edge where the two halves meet and it roughs up my ear. I ca't use the ZN1 on the move, and my source must be very close due to the wire length. Inconvenient...

Overall: ATE > ZS1 > W1 > ZN1

The ATE offers up a nice balance of everything. The "okay" bass presentation and sticky cable aren't issues at all. While the ZS1 isn't really as good as the competition sound wise, it gives me an experience that the others can match, and still put a stupid grin on my face whenever I listen to them. Plus, their comfort is sublime. The W1 offers the most features and is the cheapest of the bunch with the best cable. Sound quality is competitive but are lacking a bit in upper end refinement. Comfort is also so-so. The ZN1 sounds great, but I just can't wear them for any real length of time. I would put them behind the ATE otherwise.

*Sidenote: The ZN1 and ZS1 can be eq'd to sound nigh identical. They are both very receptive to minor adjustments, the ZN1 slightly more so. Good choices if you enjoying messing around with an equalizer.*

Hope someone found this informative and helpful! Thanks for reading

- B9Scrambler

Users who are viewing this thread

Back