Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 6, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #8,716 of 64,300
You enjoy those 880's? I picked up a pair to add to my collection over the weekend for a very good price. 600 ohm version. I've read nothing but good things about them. I've got the T1's an they are fantastic phones.

They are excellent IMO. I thought the T1 was further up the food chain...must have been an awesome deal you couldn't pass up. Sounds like me.
I think you'll enjoy them. Never heard the T1's though so...good luck!

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #8,717 of 64,300
They are excellent IMO. I thought the T1 was further up the food chain...must have been an awesome deal you couldn't pass up. Sounds like me.
I think you'll enjoy them. Never heard the T1's though so...good luck!
Yes they are, but I have a nice collection and just got into beyerdynamic. The hot treble rumors were why I stayed clear of them. I didn't find that to be the case at all when I got them. Perfectly balanced and very clean sound. They should arrive today, looking to compare with the 650's

Jan 6, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #8,718 of 64,300
Yes they are, but I have a nice collection and just got into beyerdynamic. The hot treble rumors were why I stayed clear of them. I didn't find that to be the case at all when I got them. Perfectly balanced and very clean sound. They should arrive today, looking to compare with the 650's

I have the HD600's and very much enjoy them. The DT880's are a bit more dynamic IMO while the HD600 is liquid smooth. I got on this KZ train due to the hot summers in New England...now I have like 20 pairs of iem's. I think because they are so cheap you just keep buying them. It's cold here and I'm still listening to the KZ's! Amazing...

Jan 6, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #8,719 of 64,300
  I have the HD600's and very much enjoy them. The DT880's are a bit more dynamic IMO while the HD600 is liquid smooth. I got on this KZ train due to the hot summers in New England...now I have like 20 pairs of iem's. I think because they are so cheap you just keep buying them. It's cold here and I'm still listening to the KZ's! Amazing...

Boy you said a mouthful, hit the nail on the head as I've got the same iem problem. (I'm an iem person
eek.gif
eek.gif
)LOL I too have my Havi's, Shures and Trinity's but here I am just having a grand time with KZ's
wink_face.gif

Been jamming most of the day on this setup
biggrin.gif

Here's a little treat for the Bass Head in you
basshead.gif

Jan 7, 2016 at 9:23 AM Post #8,722 of 64,300
  What KZ's have the best sound stage? and preferably standard buds, nothing that goes over or around the ear

Of my KZ collection and based on a non over ear I'd say my ED3 or HDS1's as they are both very light and don't really need to be over ear but that is just my take. YMMV, I'm sure you will get some other feedback on your request
wink_face.gif

My latest and maybe my final KZ acquisition (for a while at least, to dispel the old famous last words)! I was curious about the dual driver Tone Pole not to mention their crazy (get me a translator quick) write up of these ultra heavy/ultra bass laden iem's, the one thing they did hit on the head with these are the fact and truth they are my most bass heavy KZ to date! Besides being limited editions they are just cool looking, the gold plated band with DT5 and Chinese writing is a nice touch as well. Not the ultimate in detail nor sound stage they are a very nice iem for the $10 I paid for them and if you like techno/EDM or percussive material these won't disappoint
wink_face.gif

Jan 7, 2016 at 9:55 AM Post #8,723 of 64,300
What KZ's have the best sound stage? and preferably standard buds, nothing that goes over or around the ear
I have ed9 and ed10. The ed10 has fantastic soundstage.:D

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #8,725 of 64,300

ED9 with brass nozzles
ED3 Youth

You won't be needing to change any of the ear buds as well. And since they are very small they will fit in just about anyone's ears just fine without feeling uncomfortable. :cool:

kz-ATE vs kz-ATEs ?
which has more bassy sound ?

I've only had the ATE-S, but its been mentioned by other Head-Fi'ers that the ATE-S is bassier.

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #8,726 of 64,300

I would give it up to the EDse or ED9 with brass nozzles. HDS1 has a smaller stage but I personally think it does a better job of detailing, separation, and using its soundstage more effectively than those two ED models.

Jan 7, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #8,727 of 64,300
Quick question as to how to proceed. I purchased the ED9 and HDS1 on ebay back on Dec 1st. Decided to check up on the tracking number since it still hasn't arrived, I get the following "Parcel#xxxx is invalid, China Post has not received any parcel associated with !"  
This normal? I remember hearing about people just getting bogus tracking numbers from Aliexpress, ebay, etc.

Jan 7, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #8,728 of 64,300

Of my KZ collection and based on a non over ear I'd say my ED3 or HDS1's as they are both very light and don't really need to be over ear but that is just my take. YMMV, I'm sure you will get some other feedback on your request
wink_face.gif

My latest and maybe my final KZ acquisition (for a while at least, to dispel the old famous last words)! I was curious about the dual driver Tone Pole not to mention their crazy (get me a translator quick) write up of these ultra heavy/ultra bass laden iem's, the one thing they did hit on the head with these are the fact and truth they are my most bass heavy KZ to date! Besides being limited editions they are just cool looking, the gold plated band with DT5 and Chinese writing is a nice touch as well. Not the ultimate in detail nor sound stage they are a very nice iem for the $10 I paid for them and if you like techno/EDM or percussive material these won't disappoint
wink_face.gif

Your assessment is a lot kinder than mine http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread/6450#post_11925125. Personally I thought they were a hot mess when I got them.

I'm with you regarding future KZ purchases. Currently rocking the S3 and ED Youth Edition before I start exploring hybrids next week. It never ends.
happy_face1.gif

Jan 7, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #8,729 of 64,300
  Quick question as to how to proceed. I purchased the ED9 and HDS1 on ebay back on Dec 1st. Decided to check up on the tracking number since it still hasn't arrived, I get the following "Parcel#xxxx is invalid, China Post has not received any parcel associated with !"  
This normal? I remember hearing about people just getting bogus tracking numbers from Aliexpress, ebay, etc.

This happened with my HDS1 and S3 before ePacket had actually got them. Might be a good idea to contact the seller.

My HDS1 and S3 should be in today when the mail gets dropped off. I have high hopes for the pair of KZs.

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #8,730 of 64,300

A lot of times the tracking number never works, but the package still arrives anyway. I've bought tons of stuff on Aliexpress but so far I've only ever lost 1 package. Best to contact the seller and ask if they provided the correct tracking information.

Alternatively you can try using https://www.aftership.com/ and see if anything shows up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back