Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 21, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #8,386 of 63,916
  Well I'm still waiting for a comparison on the ATE vs ATE-S before I buy the ATE-S ._.

A few of the "s" are in a few  hands. Sounds like it's similar signature with out the veiling. The big  (at least for me) is the or wire. everything else sounds good. I like the (orig) ATE even with the light veil over  mids and  highs.

Dec 21, 2015 at 2:24 PM Post #8,387 of 63,916
  Well I'm still waiting for a comparison on the ATE vs ATE-S before I buy the ATE-S ._.

I received the S...couldn't deal with the memory wire. Gave them to my son who runs and kept the ATE. S might have sounded a bit clearer and less dark but I like the original ATE sound and hate the mem wire of the S. I also wear my ATE wire down...sounds awesome IMO.

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #8,388 of 63,916
Morning all ( well it's morning here) does anyone in Kz land own the Kz ie80 look alike. They have always been at that $29.00 usd price point do imagine not many are floating around. But they are one of those Kz's that have interested me since they came out. Thanks in advance

Yep, I actually got them. They are pretty good. A very bright sound. Great highs, the mids are vivid and surrounding. The sound feels close but the instrument separation is great. Good for vocal-based music. The bad: weak lows reproduction. The sound is pretty cold and dry because the mid-bass is just lacking. The sub-bass is nonexistent. You get awful tips with them, so I had to use my Zircon medium tips on them for a perfect seal.
Not sure if you can actually get them anymore, they are a relic and a rarity these days, I'm lucky to have it in my collection. The seller I bought it from changed the item to "Not available" right after he sent my pair.

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #8,389 of 63,916

Yep, I actually got them. They are pretty good. A very bright sound. Great highs, the mids are vivid and surrounding. The sound feels close but the instrument separation is great. Good for vocal-based music. The bad: weak lows reproduction. The sound is pretty cold and dry because the mid-bass is just lacking. The sub-bass is nonexistent. You get awful tips with them, so I had to use my Zircon medium tips on them for a perfect seal.
Not sure if you can actually get them anymore, they are a relic and a rarity these days, I'm lucky to have it in my collection. The seller I bought it from changed the item to "Not available" right after he sent my pair.

IE, thank you. From your description, they wouldn't be my first or second choice but I have the first and seconds already. Still they sound  interesting, with what seems to be their earlier " traditional" sound signature. There is a vendor that still has some but still at that original price. But there are a few KZ's I'd like to back fill these the GR and micro rings. GR's and these available ( not well priced but acceptably priced ) and the Micro ring ( it's absurdly priced ).  But based on your impression they seem worth having in the collection. Thanks again

Dec 21, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #8,390 of 63,916
  IE, thank you. From your description, they wouldn't be my first or second choice but I have the first and seconds already. Still they sound  interesting, with what seems to be their earlier " traditional" sound signature. There is a vendor that still has some but still at that original price. But there are a few KZ's I'd like to back fill these the GR and micro rings. GR's and these available ( not well priced but acceptably priced ) and the Micro ring ( it's absurdly priced ).  But based on your impression they seem worth having in the collection. Thanks again

Buddy, you will be disappointed with the GR. I'm not sure why there was such fuss over them... They are extremely muddy, mid-bass bloated, barely any sub-bass. The mids and highs are extremely off-tone, dark and distorted. They are also quite heavy and uncomfortable, they just stick outside your ears and tend to fall because of their weight. The only thing good about them is their build quality. That's it.
Never got the Micro Ring though, but read good feedback about them.

Dec 21, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #8,391 of 63,916
Well, I don't do muddy well so will leave the GR off. Of the three it was always the weakest. Not a lot of feedback on sound, mostly people using the filters on the ED9. Honestly don't like the look much so off the list. I'll order the IE80 and keep looking for a micro ring that's affordable. Thanks again.

Dec 22, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #8,392 of 63,916
Looking to get some better isolation on ED9 and EDSE. Besides comply t-400s, what other tips you guys recommend? I've seen some references to flange tips and others but not sure what manufacturer you guys recommend? Flange tips by KZ? Amy others that work well we'll and fit KZ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:28 AM Post #8,393 of 63,916
Looking to get some better isolation on ED9 and EDSE. Besides comply t-400s, what other tips you guys recommend? I've seen some references to flange tips and others but not sure what manufacturer you guys recommend? Flange tips by KZ? Amy others that work well we'll and fit KZ?

I use spinfit for ed9

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dec 22, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #8,394 of 63,916

I use spinfit for ed9

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I use Whirlwind tips. Might be similar to Spinfits.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:18 AM Post #8,395 of 63,916

I love flange tips and these are my choice for flange http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6925991983.html?orderId=69489031263424 , $10 gets you a lifetime supply (100 Prs) I have preferred them on many of my iem's but Spin Fits are nice, whirlwinds work with some and the clear silicon ones with my Trinity's work great. If you would like to try a pair pm me an address and I can drop them in the mail to you
wink_face.gif

Got them on my KZ ATE, ED9's and 11's.

Dec 22, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #8,396 of 63,916
Thanks guys! I'll give some of these a shot!
Anyone make their own tips? Saw some do it your own with foam ear plugs and then sort of putting the silicone tip over, but don't know if that is a road to go down.

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #8,398 of 63,916
^ that double flange is what I just bought. Put them on the ATE and I can tell that's it become less veiled.

(PS : It's identical to the IE80 acc kit so I bought the whole lot. Cheapest after all, I can buy 2 sets of IE80 acc kit and be better off than someone who bought a set of three IE80 double flanges. Bought some wide bore JVC tips from the same shop but accidentally in large only to realize it's identical to the IE80 wide bore tip)

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #8,399 of 63,916
Got the HDS1 in today. First impressions, the mids seem a bit lacking. When I listen to vocals they seem quite distant because the mids seem quite subdued. I've rolled some tips and only thing that changed was the low end. Will the mids improve once they have some hours on them?

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #8,400 of 63,916
Earlier in the thread, we found the stubby double flange is actually the Sennheiser ie80 tips I believe. Those are sold separately somewhere, can't recall if it was on eBay or Ali... I need to grab a a couple of those, some triple flanges (Hey, Podster :wink:) and some spinfits (which make my college wallet weep).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back