Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 2, 2015 at 9:45 AM Post #7,923 of 64,274
The EDSE is great, don't get me wrong, but the ED9 is just flat out better. Interchangeable tuning filters, and sound quality that is as good or better than the EDSE with either filter imho.

Hope this helps

cool.gif
My problem with the ED9 is that it is simply too Treble Heavy for me personally, no matter which nozzle I use. It could be entirely mental as I know the specs are well over 40k. They give me a Headache in a short time. It's the reason I gave My Titans to my oldest Daughter when she was here for Thanksgiving a few Days ago.

For me, the Best (My favorite KZ), is the EDSE. It would be the ANV but their design is ungodly uncomfortable in my ears.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Dec 2, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #7,924 of 64,274

cool.gif
My problem with the ED9 is that it is simply too Treble Heavy for me personally, no matter which nozzle I use. It could be entirely mental as I know the specs are well over 40k. They give me a Headache in a short time. It's the reason I gave My Titans to my oldest Daughter when she was here for Thanksgiving a few Days ago.

For me, the Best (My favorite KZ), is the EDSE. It would be the ANV but their design is ungodly uncomfortable in my ears.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Ironically the HZSound HZ2M with it's similar shape feels just right in my ears. It's as if it's customized to fit my ears.

Apart from the left side going too deep into my left ear. My ears are asymmetrical.

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #7,925 of 64,274

cool.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I only use the brass nozzles with my ED9 and I'm sure your aware of the tiny paper filter on the I.D. of the nozzle that for me has to be in place. I also use a small amount of air filter foam inside each nozzle...I kept adding material or subtracting it until I hit my sweet spot. The ED9 is my favorite KZ for the detail and presentation it delivers at a crazy low price. I do have the EDSE (red driver screens) and they are great but I seem to only use them at the gym. I'll have to try them again in my setup in the house. Never got to try the ANV because when I ordered them the seller sent CM9's...which were not for me. 

Dec 2, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #7,927 of 64,274
I wouldn't worry too much the HDS1 is excellent for the small price. IMO
I bought 3 sets...

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #7,928 of 64,274
Dec 2, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #7,929 of 64,274
Right now I am trying to decide between the KZ-ED9 (with the nozzles) and the KZ-ED Special Edition.

This is the special edition I am referring to-http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/kz-ed-Special-Edition-Metal-earphone-Noise-noise-reduction-Ear-Headphones/1668617_32267396565.html

Can anyone who has both compare the 2? thanks! 

I have both and the Edse are very nice for a micro driver one of the best and a wonderfully small form factor. The Ed9 though are better than the Edse forget tuneability once it's done ( matte brass or sparkly gold) it's done but assures you'll get a sound signature you'll like. They simply hit all the marks with the ED9 driver, it goes deeper and is brighter then the Edse. Taking nothing away from the Edse the 9 just does a bit better job. Put it this way I bought a pair of the Ed9's for one of my sons and an Edse for his girl friend ( everyone needs something fun in their Christmas stocking) so honestly both are good . But I still prefer the 9's

Dec 2, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #7,930 of 64,274
+1:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #7,933 of 64,274
S3 sounds good! Does the official store carry it?

I don't know.....never bothered checking. I just go with the cheapest and legit seller.
  Holy cheapness... 4.66 on Taobao, lowest on AliExpress i could find was 13!!!

Taobao doesnt ship out of China, right? 
triportsad.gif

I know! There's quite a gap their! .....I think there's is taobao worldwide shipping website, but you have to make sure the seller speaks English and delivers to your country.

Dec 2, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #7,934 of 64,274
All I have to say is that the KZ-S3 has everything I've always long for in an IEM, which is.....

The BIG 3 T's!

Texture, Tight, and Transparent!

.....and they are flat-out the cheapest of the ED3's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back