Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 30, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #7,846 of 64,373
My ATE-S is about to ship out. I'll post some impressions in a couple of weeks or less.

I was gonna order some too but ended up buying something more tasteful. The new First Harmonic IEB6.

Nov 30, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #7,847 of 64,373
Yup, it's the best bass slam I can hear from whatever collection I do have. 
Hmm... Maybe, but I don't see that happening especially since KZ keeps launching newer products. Already thinking of getting ED4 and HDS2!!

I'm pretry much sold on the Ed4 the HDS2 I'm unsure of then once the HSD1 gets here it may push me that way. I was ready to order the ATE-s but I noticed I have another Ed10 and translucent ATE with mic coming from them ( I decided I needed the mic versions for the car) seemed like a good excuse. I Never like to have to many in the pipe from one vendor . I think the Zn will get cheap some time, look what happened with the Zs1, and HDS1 and…

Nov 30, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #7,849 of 64,373
Bought zircon's for a buddy of mine, threw in some misc accessories and an ED4 for myself! It was tough choosing between the acme, hds1 and ed4, here's to hoping I chose well.

By all accounts the Zircoms are good, can't miss with that your friend will like em. Tough call between the Acme and the ED4 seems as if they'll be more alike then different and the HDS1's are really cheap right ( I grabned a couple at $6.33 each, a week ago) That may mean they may not be around a lot longer. But there still heading down. Of those you mentioned there all great.

Nov 30, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #7,850 of 64,373
Nov 30, 2015 at 8:24 PM Post #7,851 of 64,373
One of those not widely owned by KZ fan boi .....but The Ring need to get more luvvvvvv......imho balanced sound and does everything just right across the sound spectrum without being harsh or sibbliance for the treble sensitive or lack of bass or sounding weak in the bass department ....its a sound sig very easy to listen to whole day and personally the fitting is excellent ......pssssssst ...they are real small.....lol

Here you go buddy! Some much needed Micro Ring love.

ZS1 and HDS1...I'm really bouncing between these two as my favorite KZs. The HDS1 offers up a nice balanced sound, while the ZS1? Well, it doesn't, haha. Like Eisen said, the ZS1 has some serious bass slam. I have to say that after many, many hours of play time that crazy bass has settled down quite a bit allowing the creamy mids and smooth treble to shine. I'm not a huge proponent of burn in, but I do feel the new ED3c "The Acme", HDS1 and ZS1 all benefit from some serious play time; ED3c especially. The ED3c sits right between the ZS1 and HDS1 in sound; big bass with the nice mids and treble of the HDS1 (just not quite a detailed or extended). This trio is awesome. 

Some more pics!

Nov 30, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #7,852 of 64,373
Here you go buddy! Some much needed Micro Ring love.

ZS1 and HDS1...I'm really bouncing between these two as my favorite KZs. The HDS1 offers up a nice balanced sound, while the ZS1? Well, it doesn't, haha. Like Eisen said, the ZS1 has some serious bass slam. I have to say that after many, many hours of play time that crazy bass has settled down quite a bit allowing the creamy mids and smooth treble to shine. I'm not a huge proponent of burn in, but I do feel the new ED3c "The Acme", HDS1 and ZS1 all benefit from some serious play time; ED3c especially. The ED3c sits right between the ZS1 and HDS1 in sound; big bass with the nice mids and treble of the HDS1 (just not quite a detailed or extended). This trio is awesome. 

Some more pics!

Thanks B9....nowadays me more of clarity and detail sound sig kinda guy.....bright for some or harsh or peaky for bass head..my bass level is along the line of Havi and me is fine with it...still one of the best pic of Micro Ring

Nov 30, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #7,853 of 64,373
Just looking around Aliexpress i see KZ-store has ED9 at $9.27 without mic and $9.73 with mic. (Old one not the black one.)

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/KZ-ED9-Super-Bowl-Tuning-Nozzles-T-Shaped-Driver-Monitoring-In-Ear-Headphones-HiFi-Earphone-With/1358152_32372852938.html

Think that's about $2 or something off... If someone is interested...

Nov 30, 2015 at 9:57 PM Post #7,854 of 64,373
Thanks B9....nowadays me more of clarity and detail sound sig kinda guy.....bright for some or harsh or peaky for bass head..my bass level is along the line of Havi and me is fine with it...still one of the best pic of Micro Ring

I clearly still like my big ol' bass monsters :D The ZS1 is just too much fun for me to pass up. I think you will quite like the HDS1 should you pick up a pair. They're pretty darn awesome. I would still like to see a proper followup to the Micro Ring, but the HDS1 will do for now :wink:

Nov 30, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #7,855 of 64,373
Looks like an interesting choice.

Yeah sure does, I am a micro driver addict ever since the EPH100.

Really interested to see how the IEB6 will present my fav music, trance!

Nov 30, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #7,857 of 64,373
Hopefully it's awesome!

Yeah me too, for some reason I can't stand the fit of normal sized driver IEMs anymore. They are just too big for my ears, well most of them. With a shallow fit which I don't like for some reason.

Nov 30, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #7,858 of 64,373

I agree it'a a superb picture of the micro ring. As far as the more analytical approach of the above mentioned while I have the others "in the mail" I do have the Zs1. The bass compared to the Havi b3p1 is much stronger, not any deeper than the Havi just about 2 or 3 notches more pronounced.through out the bass range. The mids are about the same level as the Havi but with out as precise retrival the bass and mids tend to blend a little. I can't really say they over power or really bleed into the mids but close. The high are strong not as forward as the bass up maybe a notch. The over all sound stage isn't quite as large as the Havi but decent. Hope this helps. But if yoir lopking for the Havi signature in a Kz you'll need to look at the Zn1. It's close at this point ( couple of montjs use) it's 90 to 95% of the Havi, very mooth nice instrament placememt upper end end retrival ( heigth?) Isn't quit there but getting close.

Dec 1, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #7,860 of 64,373
been listening to the KZ ATE this weekend, still not impressed.
real PITA to find a good seal, and also it seems placement affecting the fit, so I have to play around every time....
they are also bulky for my taste (or I do have small ears)

it's worth the $7-8 I paid them for, but certainly not a lot more.
with all of it's flaws and limitations I still found the EDSE a better KZ (haven't heard the ED9 and still waiting for the ED3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back