Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 27, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #7,757 of 64,392
Hi guys,

I grabbed a couple of KZ ED10 a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately they suffered from channel inbalance. The left earpiece had absolutley 0 low end whilst the right one did. I got a refund but I'm still intrigued by the whole KZ hype.

So despite KZ's notoriously bad quality control I might take another chance on one of their offerings. I currently own Xiaomi Piston 2, Piston 3, ROCK Zircon and obviously that pair of F'ed up ED10. I think it's safe to say my preference is a warm and smooth sound. I like bass but don't consider myself a basshead. For examplem the ROCK Zircon out of the box sounded quite boomy to me out of the box.

I quite liked the sound of the ED10, judging on just the right earpiece. I'm quite sensitive to sibilance and piercing highs so I don't need the most sparkly in-ears of the bunch. Which other KZs should I try? And what's the best place to buy them?

About QC I'd say try to buy fron KZ's official store and not the resellers. As per my experience goes stuff from their store never failed me while reseller items had issues many times.

About your need ATE and ZS1 would fit very good. There is no sibilance there and still they sound awesome.

Nov 27, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #7,759 of 64,392
Well, I've been looking to replace the pair of JVC HA-FXD80s that I had (and absolutely loved!), which were stolen while I was at a hostel in Peru. Being a poor student now (what's disposable income, again?), I couldn't bring myself to pay for a replacement pair, and didn't want to spend a lot on something different that might disappoint. For portability reasons, I don't bring my over-ear headphones to school, so I've been stuck with my ****ty iPod headphones ever since; yikes!

Anyway, somehow I stumbled upon this thread, having never heard of KZ before, and after all the glowing feedback from people, I'd be silly not to spend the ~$10 on something to get rid of the ****ty iPod headphones I've been using. I've settled on and ordered the HDS1, and while they might not be able to truly replace my old JVCs, I can't wait to get them and try them out. Waiting for overseas shipping is always such a tedious process. :D  

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #7,760 of 64,392
Nov 27, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #7,761 of 64,392
Well, I've been looking to replace the pair of JVC HA-FXD80s that I had (and absolutely loved!), which were stolen while I was at a hostel in Peru. Being a poor student now (what's disposable income, again?), I couldn't bring myself to pay for a replacement pair, and didn't want to spend a lot on something different that might disappoint. For portability reasons, I don't bring my over-ear headphones to school, so I've been stuck with my ****ty iPod headphones ever since; yikes!

Anyway, somehow I stumbled upon this thread, having never heard of KZ before, and after all the glowing feedback from people, I'd be silly not to spend the ~$10 on something to get rid of the ****ty iPod headphones I've been using. I've settled on and ordered the HDS1, and while they might not be able to truly replace my old JVCs, I can't wait to get them and try them out. Waiting for overseas shipping is always such a tedious process.
biggrin.gif

Why hello there. Great choice with the HSD1. They are amazing and since you liked the FXD80, you will surely like these inexpensive little KZs as well. It's hard to believe that something that sounds so good could be had for $10.

When it comes time to upgrade and if you want to stay within the JVC microdriver family, make sure you check out the FXD successors; the FXH20 and/or FXH30. They are a massive improvement over the older FXD series (I have the FRD60 and 80, and FXH30), and a heck of a lot cheaper to boot!

Nov 27, 2015 at 4:57 AM Post #7,762 of 64,392
I rushed my order in last night because of the little time left but it appears that it is only the seller's trick as it is listed again today haha.

Nonetheless, the price is best atm lets hope that it arrives.

Yeah...I'm hoping the new ATE and ED9 have improved sound. Otherwise it makes no sense in buying the same thing in different shapes and colours

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #7,763 of 64,392
About QC I'd say try to buy fron KZ's official store and not the resellers. As per my experience goes stuff from their store never failed me while reseller items had issues many times.

About your need ATE and ZS1 would fit very good. There is no sibilance there and still they sound awesome.

Thanks. Where can I find the official KZ store? I've seen many AliExpress sellers try to pose as the official KZ and when I search for a specific KZ model I hardly ever stumble across anything that looks official.

I'll keep the ATE and ZS1 in mind. I'm going to wait for my HDS1 to arrive first. Thanks for your advice though
beerchug.gif

Nov 27, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #7,764 of 64,392
ATE-S & ED3 Acme ordered...

Nov 27, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #7,766 of 64,392
I was in doubt over ZS1 and ATE-S
Ordered today the ATE-S :p

Now doubt about Rock Zircon or another one balanced with some bass that have Mic/Remote control.

Without stepping on any toes here: if you're looking for balanced I'd stay away from the Zircons.

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #7,768 of 64,392
Why hello there. Great choice with the HSD1. They are amazing and since you liked the FXD80, you will surely like these inexpensive little KZs as well. It's hard to believe that something that sounds so good could be had for $10.

When it comes time to upgrade and if you want to stay within the JVC microdriver family, make sure you check out the FXD successors; the FXH20 and/or FXH30. They are a massive improvement over the older FXD series (I have the FRD60 and 80, and FXH30), and a heck of a lot cheaper to boot!

Thank you for the heads-up on the FXH30. You're review on those is very informative and detailed; they definitely look like something I'd be interested in. Perhaps down the road I'll invest in a pair, as the price looks pretty good too.

Nov 27, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #7,769 of 64,392
ED4 is out

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-ED4-Metal-Stereo-Noise-Isolating-In-ear-Music-Headphones/32551443670.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back