Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 9, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #7,336 of 64,396

ZS1 have a wide soundstage (limited in height though), detail is there but its a very full sound so imaging and clarity suffer a little. ED9 strikes me as a better choice if you're looking for something else. HDS1 and ED3M Youth are worth looking into too, by all accounts so far. 

The ATEs don't have quite the sound stage and clarity of the Zs1's but it's not a huge difference but it's there but I also think the ed9 have more clarity the the ATE. The Zs1's have a little more then either. But keep in mind ir took me a couple weeks to get that sound from them. I'm convinced there's more room for improvement in both clarity sound stage in them. Should at least be approaching the level of the Zn1's. I ordered spinfits for them as it seems to be all about tips. Should be here this weekend, then I'll know better.

ED9s are being shipped to me as we speak, as are ED10..
Already In my cart:  HDS1, ED3 Youth version(due to Igor Eisberg's glowing review of them), ATE

Someone posted a place selling ZS1 for 10 bucks, but im kinda worried bout build quality... I think i might hold out on the ZS1s until my xiaomi hybrids arrive.

Just in case tho..What are these spinfits you speak of and how do I get them?

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #7,337 of 64,396
Soundstage and clarity? Sounds like a Havi B3 Pro 1.

Redtwilight is right, soundstage, clarity the Havi's B3p1 have it in spades and work extremely well with the Xduoo. The only Kz that comes close are the Zn1's and they're very close. Of course it doesn't help much with bringing a spending spree in line. Havi's low $60's Zn's low $30's, but the Havi's are my favorites, natural clean and incredible sound stage.

Man..... I could just not order the KZs and get the B3p1, but I really wanna get those extra KZs just for the hell of it haha
Variety's the spice of life!

TBH, the top of my current wishlist is the LZ A2... The VE Dukes are my real phone crush but at 200 bucks a pop I think my wife is gonna give me an earful considering I just bought my pistons 3 3 weeks ago haha

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #7,338 of 64,396
Nov 9, 2015 at 11:42 PM Post #7,339 of 64,396
Ditto!! You can still get the for $49.99 if you shop wisely:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Damn all you guys....

Just in case I change my mind, is this the right one?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HAVI-B3-Pro-1-ProI-Dual-Driver-High-Fidelity-Quality-Inner-Ear-Earphones/32331139844.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_3_79_78_77_80,searchweb201644_5,searchweb201560_9

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #7,340 of 64,396
Ok, it seems I cant post a link yet since I'm a new member...

Just in case I change my mind and I decide that its better to have one quality hottie instead of 3 normal babes... is this the right havi b3 pro 1? Store in Ali express, China HiFi Online

You need to search "havi b3" to find it... searching "havi b3 pro 1" only reveals two hits. 

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #7,341 of 64,396
ED9s are being shipped to me as we speak, as are ED10..
Already In my cart:  HDS1, ED3 Youth version(due to Igor Eisberg's glowing review of them), ATE

Someone posted a place selling ZS1 for 10 bucks, but im kinda worried bout build quality... I think i might hold out on the ZS1s until my xiaomi hybrids arrive.

Just in case tho..What are these spinfits you speak of and how do I get them?

There is a review on this site of spinfits. There is some form of joint between the head ( mushroom end) and the sleave ( slips over the earphone) and allow the head to swivel and readily align with your ear canal. Sorry if my explination isn't real clear as I have only seen pictures. They look like they'll help with my difficulty get the Zs1's aligned correctly each time. The Zn's have identical looking ear peaces but without memory wire, there easy for me to fit. Tracking shows them being delivered this weekend, I actually ordered from amazon.

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #7,342 of 64,396
Ok, it seems I cant post a link yet since I'm a new member...

Just in case I change my mind and I decide that its better to have one quality hottie instead of 3 normal babes... is this the right havi b3 pro 1? Store in Ali express, China HiFi Online
Just so it's the Havi B3 pro 1 as opposed to the B3 pro 2's ( very different signature) there wonderful and pretty much what I use as a reference for everything else.

You need to search "havi b3" to find it... searching "havi b3 pro 1" only reveals two hits. 

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #7,343 of 64,396

ZS1 have a wide soundstage (limited in height though), detail is there but its a very full sound so imaging and clarity suffer a little. ED9 strikes me as a better choice if you're looking for something else. HDS1 and ED3M Youth are worth looking into too, by all accounts so far. 

I thought the KZ ZS1's actually sounded quite good, clarity and detail better than the ED9. I used comply type tips and got a perfect seal.
Built quality on them was fine, I didn't notice any build problems, but then again they only cost me $18 so expectations were low. Sound quality was much higher than what I was expecting.

Nov 10, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #7,344 of 64,396
I thought the KZ ZS1's actually sounded quite good, clarity and detail better than the ED9. I used comply type tips and got a perfect seal.
Built quality on them was fine, I didn't notice any build problems, but then again they only cost me $18 so expectations were low. Sound quality was much higher than what I was expecting.

They do sound good, it's just harder to find the right tips to make them work. I haven't tried the comply tips. Decided to try spinfits. I bought them at the $18 level as well but my expectations were pretty high. Although I've read of quality control problems but fortunately haven't experienced any.The build quality on both my Zn's and Zs's is very good. My expectations were based on my Zn1's, which I find very good. The sound issues I'm experiencing are simply due to tip and positioning with the memory wire. Consequently I'm still looking for more of an improvement and will hopefully get to where you are with yours. I fully expect I will but I can't really say there very good yet.

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #7,345 of 64,396
Man..... I could just not order the KZs and get the B3p1, but I really wanna get those extra KZs just for the hell of it haha
Variety's the spice of life!

TBH, the top of my current wishlist is the LZ A2... The VE Dukes are my real phone crush but at 200 bucks a pop I think my wife is gonna give me an earful considering I just bought my pistons 3 3 weeks ago haha

Looks like a good list to me :wink:

I've seen the Havi B3P1 as low as $41 on 11/11 sale at AE.....

Nov 10, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #7,346 of 64,396
I've been out of the loop for sometime and i went through several pages and now i'm bit confused.

11.11 Sale coming up and i can see some good deals coming up. how these IEM's sound compared with KZ ATE's

KZ ZS1
KZ ED10
KZ ED11

Nov 10, 2015 at 5:17 AM Post #7,347 of 64,396
Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I'm guessing the extra noise comes from the low impedance? Checked, ED10's are at 16ohms.. not necessarily low haha

Hence why most high end phones usually are on the 32ohm spectrum?

Yeah, I believe that's ultimately what it comes down to.. Well, I'll be ordering the zs1, anv and a pair of monk's for the 11.11 sale (I ordered from HCKexin so I'm sure I didn't receive a false pair) and I guess I'll see if they have the same results.. Looks like I'll need a new amp, unless i say to hell with it and just grab a pair of Havi's instead of 3 or 4 more kz's lol!

That being said, I have no idea what headphone amp I'd need to get for low impedance phones..

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #7,349 of 64,396
I'd agree, except for the fact that with a dac it's either line out (which I've found  dead silent, noise wise) or through the opamp which seems to be super noisy.. Maybe it'll get remedied by a powered usb hub.

Either way, the longer I listen, the more I enjoy the resolution of the phone but it seems more apparent there's a V sound signature as I listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back