Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Nov 9, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #7,308 of 63,936
The whirlwinds almost never work for me. I got a set with the ttpod t1e and they didnt work for me on them (although nothing else does either), nor anything else I tried them on. Even other KZs, except for ED8. The bore just happens to be the right size for the ZS1 nozzle, so with a shallow fit and the shells sitting in my ears nicely it all just works. Seems to me you like a deeper insertion, thinking of the spin-fit design they could work quite well. Handy to have anyway. 

Agreed the memory wire is unnecessary. Once you sort out how and where to bend it for you, its not so bad. I assume it was to help with supporting the ZN1 amp, but without it the shells arent heavy enough for it to do anything much. 

My TTpod T1's were as almost as hard for me to fit. I don't remember what tips finally were listenable, but they ended up in the drawer after a couple of weeks so maybe they never did work. Unlike the Sn1's it never felt like there was more potential in them with a little more effort. While the Sn1's have the memory wire the Zn1's don't ( they fit very well). I would almost think it would be the opposite. The shape even though of the ear pieces although large fit well in my ears the me, so without the mem wire it's better. Maybe my ears are to big! I have also found the shallower tips both the red and blue whirlwinds ( tip aperture doesn't seem to matter) seem to work the best. I have great hopes for the spinfits seems like I'd have to fight the memory wire realignment less. The sounds definitely there with them just a tip and for me fit issue. The Zn1's are consistantly at the top of my rotation list, I just khow these will be right up there with the right tips.

Nov 9, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #7,309 of 63,936
Eaglearrow, I've seen $10 for the ZS1 on 11/11. XD However, dual drivers isn't necessarily better.

If done right I think a dual elememt is better. The Sn1's are still a huge question mark for me. Kz's other dual element is absolutly wonderful. I keep wondering if part of the problem is that Sn1's dual elements start to finish were designed around the powered eq cross/amp/ cross over of the Zn. So didn't quite translate to the non powered.

Nov 9, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #7,310 of 63,936

What IEMs can they compete with?  My friend bought ED10 and ATE and said they were underwhelming compared to Tenore and KC06.

Is it true that KZ are great values for $10, but they are still not as good as the highly touted $50 and $100 IEMs?

Better question is are the other iem's $40 - $90 better sounding than the KZ's
rolleyes.gif
I've not bought a KZ over $30 and would say SQ wise all have been worth their asking price, the downfall at this point for me with KZ has been inconsistency of product build! IMHO if you get a KZ that is within 95% of it's best build you have a bargain iem
wink_face.gif

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #7,311 of 63,936
Forgot to add... It's a toss up between

kz zs1 ($13-14) not much extras
HZSound HZ EP001($14) free case!
**** F05 ($11) free bag...

Kinda wanna limit cos I'm also lining up an Xduoo x2 with SD card... I know its nothing much compared to primo ear gear, but hey, that's why I'm in the Chinese threads!

The Kz Sn1's came with 2 full sets of turbines (blue and red) as well as the standard soft black ones and a zippered case( a little larger than the standard case, which with the memory wire is needed. Fortunately that Xduoo X2 will push anything on your list. Well pretty much anything you buy. The issue with the Sn1's remains the difficulty in pairing the right tip. The Kz turbines seem to work well for some. So they may work well out of the box for you ( they do need some burn in) but be prepared to play a bit with them.

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #7,312 of 63,936
Ed11
Hds1
Ed9
Ed se

Overall which is better?
That everyone is satisfied.

I don't have the 11's but of the Edse, Ed3, Ed9, Ed10 and ATE I always return to the 9's with the Edse and Ate just behind. Ate for fit.

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #7,313 of 63,936
The Kz Sn1's came with 2 full sets of turbines (blue and red) as well as the standard soft black ones and a zippered case( a little larger than the standard case, which with the memory wire is needed. Fortunately that Xduoo X2 will push anything on your list. Well pretty much anything you buy. The issue with the Sn1's remains the difficulty in pairing the right tip. The Kz turbines seem to work well for some. So they may work well out of the box for you ( they do need some burn in) but be prepared to play a bit with them.

man....please do something to your AUTO CORRECT. I was searching for SN1 until I found that it's your phone's mistake.

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:31 PM Post #7,314 of 63,936

man....please do something to your AUTO CORRECT. I was searching for SN1 until I found that it's your phone's mistake.

Sorry about that, will do now.

Nov 9, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #7,315 of 63,936
Forgot to add... It's a toss up between

kz zs1 ($13-14) not much extras
HZSound HZ EP001($14) free case!
**** F05 ($11) free bag...

Kinda wanna limit cos I'm also lining up an Xduoo x2 with SD card... I know its nothing much compared to primo ear gear, but hey, that's why I'm in the Chinese threads!

Fwiw I've got the **** F05 and they're nothing special. They're bassy, warm, smooth and with slightly recessed mids. Unfortunately they lack clarity and sparkle and makes a pretty unengaging and dull listening experience. If you're looking for something with a similar signature I'd suggest the YINJW DIY IE800, they share the same overall signature but has much better clarity and details.

I'd put them on pair with the ED9 in overall perforamance, just a very different signature so it really depends on what you're looking for.

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #7,316 of 63,936
I think exactly the opposite about **** F05. They are brighter than most earphones I've heard. Their highs are the highlight of their sound, not the bass. The bass is gentle in comparison to Zircon/Plextone X41M/Ivery IV-7.
http://audiobudget.iagucool.com/product.php?brand=****&id=F05

Unit variation due to poor qc maybe???

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #7,317 of 63,936
I'm currently using Sony MH1C and KZ EDSE. Already ordered Rock Zircons and Xiaomi Hybrid based on enthusiastic reviews. I want also order a pair of Yinjw ie800 wood for their praised bass and I can't decide between KZ ZS1 and KZ ED11 (I'm waiting for 11/11 sale on AliExpress). Could someone give me an advice? Thank you

Nov 9, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #7,319 of 63,936
Nov 9, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #7,320 of 63,936
Unit variation due to poor qc maybe???

Maybe we just have different perspective about how low bass has to be to be "really low" and how loud and crisp the highs need to be to be clear and bright.
I have a whole box (34 earphones) to compare to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back