Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 26, 2015 at 8:05 AM Post #2,506 of 64,402
  "kz earphone official flagship store" scammed me. EDSE broke into two pieces as soon as i put it in my ear, I opened a dispute, agreed with them to close the dispute because they will send me another headphones. I closed the dispute because there was 10 hours left and i didnt want to get money back and them sending headphones. 
As soon as i closed it they started acting like they dont know me. 
All this after i waited over a month for the package.

I bought a lot of IEMs from this store  http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1380688  
No problem at all. The seller can be trusted. 

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #2,507 of 64,402
I hope you never receive a defective product. 
I have been exchanging messages with them for week and a half trying to get them to send a new pair and now they tell me 
that almost 2 weeks have passed and they cant trust me i broke them in those two weeks. So smug. 

Jan 26, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #2,508 of 64,402
  "kz earphone official flagship store" scammed me. EDSE broke into two pieces as soon as i put it in my ear, I opened a dispute, agreed with them to close the dispute because they will send me another headphones. I closed the dispute because there was 10 hours left and i didnt want to get money back and them sending headphones.
As soon as i closed it they started acting like they dont know me.
All this after i waited over a month for the package.

One of the housings of the Micro Ring I bought from them split in two when I first got it. The tips they provided were also useless (large and small were for a standard iem, the mediums were torn). I didn't bother disputing the purchase since I had replacement tips and was able to glue the housing. I did end up disputing my LPS purchase from them as one of the earpads were burnt and didn't fit the earcup. They were pretty good about that dispute (although the language barrier was a bit of a hurdle) and sent me a replacement pad immediately. Sorry you had a poor experience with them.

On the plus side, KZ/g.k eye candy!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJs_XNtU-NsTN2Fk2utkebg (SubSil3nt Podcast....awesome long EDM mixes)

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #2,510 of 64,402
One of the housings of the Micro Ring I bought from them split in two when I first got it. The tips they provided were also useless (large and small were for a standard iem, the mediums were torn). I didn't bother disputing the purchase since I had replacement tips and was able to glue the housing. I did end up disputing my LPS purchase from them as one of the earpads were burnt and didn't fit the earcup. They were pretty good about that dispute (although the language barrier was a bit of a hurdle) and sent me a replacement pad immediately. Sorry you had a poor experience with them....
glad im in minority then.

Jan 26, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #2,511 of 64,402

One of the housings of the Micro Ring I bought from them split in two when I first got it. The tips they provided were also useless (large and small were for a standard iem, the mediums were torn). I didn't bother disputing the purchase since I had replacement tips and was able to glue the housing. I did end up disputing my LPS purchase from them as one of the earpads were burnt and didn't fit the earcup. They were pretty good about that dispute (although the language barrier was a bit of a hurdle) and sent me a replacement pad immediately. Sorry you had a poor experience with them....

glad im in minority then.

A few days ago I was tip rolling the DT3 and the plastic housing of the DT3 separated. I snapped it into place and it's OK now. The driver is still connected thank goodness.

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #2,513 of 64,402
@B9Scrambler...how is the woody R3 .....you like them ..btw ...nice pics
cool.gif

Edit ...me burn in them long time before using them ..they sound much better after that ..cheers

I love em. You can really change the sound using a variety of tips. The UE foamies make them really warm...everything floats on a cushion of super smooth bass. The oldschool Skullcandy tips you see in the above pictures make them almost balanced as you don't quite get a full seal. Normally the lack of a great seal would bother me, but with R3 it just works. I like the sound with Sony Hybrids (bassy and a bit brighter than the UE foamies), but the seal is just too good so it exacerbates the left side's driver flex to an unbearable amount. I tried the Complys that are on the EDse, but they make the R3 sound horrible; dull and muddy.

So far the EDse is my least favourite of the KZ/g.k iems I've tried. Going back to it from the R3 and Micro Ring really emphasizes my dislike of their treble. They sound very splashy. Keep in mind that I really like the EDse, just nowhere near to the extent of the R3 and Micro Ring.

I think the R3 may best the Micro Ring as my top pick, but it's hard to tell at this point. The ANV with the bonus filter and Sony tips is also fantastic....makes it really hard to pick a favourite, especially since they are all so different.

So far: R3 = Micro Ring > ANV (with filter add-on) > EDse

Jan 26, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #2,514 of 64,402
B9Scrambler....thanks for impressions ....me think me know why ....the kind of treble you like is smooth whereas EDSE is kind of bright and like you say splashy .....probably CM9 ...me hope you will like them cuz they be slightly brighter than R3 wee bit but fingers crossed ...hope I am right ..cuz we kinda like similar KZ models ...haha :cool:

Jan 26, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #2,515 of 64,402
Just got my r3's and r1!!! Oh god I'm glad I did bought them, both sound wonderful in their own ways, none of them is actually more detailed than the kz Ed, BUT, they have a nicer bass and more smooth highs, damn I like them.
And I'm also surprised about the r1's I actually expected them to be meh at beast but they do sound so nice, I don't know if it's me but I would bet they have a v shaped signature or likely, they kinda remind me a pair of Philips I used a while ago, which also had a pretty nice sq for the price.

Now I'm wondering, what should I buy? Dt5 pole edition or the ed8? I wish I could buy both but at this right second I can just buy one, thoughts?

Jan 26, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #2,516 of 64,402
B9Scrambler....thanks for impressions ....me think me know why ....the kind of treble you like is smooth whereas EDSE is kind of bright and like you say splashy .....probably CM9 ...me hope you will like them cuz they be slightly brighter than R3 wee bit but fingers crossed ...hope I am right ..cuz we kinda like similar KZ models ...haha :cool:

I really do like nice bright treble (JVC is my favorite brand...for now), I just like it to be more defined and controlled that that which the EDse outputs. The FRD60 is super bright, but the treble in very well controlled. Different price league entirely, but still...

The ANV hit the nail on the head with the added filter cleaning up the treble perfectly. They were great after that; large soundstage, punchy bass with enough sub bass rumble, bright but not really simblant ever, and nice forward mids. They just sounded artificial up top....something I was happy to put up with.

The Micro Ring does everything well, but that slight veil they have holds them back a touch IMO.

The R3's nasty driver flex and massive bass are the only things stopping me from saying they are truly outstanding, since those are two things that are an immediate no-go for many people.

Jan 26, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #2,517 of 64,402
Just reversed my EDSE by mistake and while inserting I finally understood what driver flex is. The change of pressure while getting the seal makes it crackle/pop a lot.
But maybe it's caused by my son plugging the minijack into one of the nozzles (I think this one), so I'm not blaming KZ's QC.

Does it influence the sound while listening to music, or is it only heard when the phone moves relative to the ear?

Jan 26, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #2,518 of 64,402
  Just reversed my EDSE by mistake and while inserting I finally understood what driver flex is. The change of pressure while getting the seal makes it crackle/pop a lot.
But maybe it's caused by my son plugging the minijack into one of the nozzles (I think this one), so I'm not blaming KZ's QC.

Does it influence the sound while listening to music, or is it only heard when the phone moves relative to the ear?

Happens on my EDSE and R3 as well when inserting. 

Jan 26, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #2,519 of 64,402
Just got my r3's and r1!!! Oh god I'm glad I did bought them, both sound wonderful in their own ways, none of them is actually more detailed than the kz Ed, BUT, they have a nicer bass and more smooth highs, damn I like them.
And I'm also surprised about the r1's I actually expected them to be meh at beast but they do sound so nice, I don't know if it's me but I would bet they have a v shaped signature or likely, they kinda remind me a pair of Philips I used a while ago, which also had a pretty nice sq for the price.

Now I'm wondering, what should I buy? Dt5 pole edition or the ed8? I wish I could buy both but at this right second I can just buy one, thoughts?

The R1 is really nice SQ, and very comfortable. Hard to believe it's from the same company as the ES, ED8 and ED Special Edition....the R1 so light and compact.

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #2,520 of 64,402
My own EDSE arrived today 
etysmile.gif
  the previous one, I gifted to a friend. As expected, just like the previous one this one haunted me right away, out of the box : ) 
IMO this specific model's sound sig totally matches my preference. I find it just too natural and likable. Only Tenores manages to better these as per my own taste. (Havi too neutral and T1E is fatiguing after some use). Plus, I love EDSE's bass a little more than Tenore's. EDSE's is bass is not that refined but fast and punchy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back