Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 23, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #2,011 of 64,379
Dec 23, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #2,012 of 64,379
The ANV does get a bad rap for poor sound quality...however....those who own it need to try the little filter+tip change add on I posted a while back. They sound so much better this way.

Kindly please ....what filter mod is that ? Thanks in advance

@Wokei,  get DT3. You won't regret it.  :)

It is currently my top favorite from the four KZs I got.  It has warm spacious sound and smooth treble.  Just need to be gentle when tip rolling or the casing could split apart like what happened to mine. No harm done though. A little Uhu fixed it good. 

Massa Rontant ....its that good huh .....me fingers getting itchy...woot woot

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #2,013 of 64,379
  Hey guys, I won the ED8 when buying the male to male 3.5mm cable. Just chat with the seller, give them your order number and you will probably win.
As far as I know if your order contains any of these numbers (2,6,3,1,5,8,4,9) you will win - which is pretty common. My order number was 65133183081690.

Also today I got the GK's from the post office and I must say I like them. Not much of an expert(pretty incompetent to be honest), but I am using them with the red chamber and they are just enough bassy, mids and highs are also pretty decent. I got the holeless ones. Compared to the EDSE they are a bit louder and bassier.

Edit: the GK's have very harsh highs when listening to hardcore (not the EDM style). Not very listenable..

I won. I ordered kz-r1 and kz-ed8 and won an ed8. So I'll have two ed8. I hope it doesn't suck!

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #2,015 of 64,379
  Actually it turns out I didn't win. The seller contacted me on the next day...

That sucks. So you didn't get all the numbers - 2,6,3,1,5,8,4,9 in your order number?

Dec 23, 2014 at 1:37 PM Post #2,016 of 64,379
Ashame it's $15. My rule of thumb with KZ is to NEVER spend more than $10.

The Micro Ring are easily worth 15. 

Kindly please ....what filter mod is that ? Thanks in advance

A small ball of fabric plus Sony silicone small bore tips. This tames the splashy, artificial treble. Without this "mod" (I'm hesitant to call it a mod) I'm not much of a fan. With the mod, I like them more than the EDse, but still less and the Micro Ring.

They have fantastic bass (deep and controlled, but not up to basshead levels at all), very forward mids, and lots of detail with a fairly spacious soundstage. It's a shame that in stock form all their pluses are covered up by that treble.

Dec 23, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #2,017 of 64,379
I just read they dont have bass at all and sound like an old fixed phone. I think ill pass. 

I think it is discontinued but still available here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-apparatus-of-5-8-MM-acme-micro-ring-in-ear-headphones-high-resolution-penetrating-voice/2033397274.html

The ANV can output some serious bass, you just need to tame the treble 1st as it blocks out everything.

Thanks for the link (I already had that exact page bookmarked, lol). I was just curious to know if they had been discontinued since the rep quoted earlier left them out. If so, that sucks since they are very competent and have a unique form among KZ offerings.

Dec 23, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #2,018 of 64,379
The ANV can output some serious bass, you just need to tame the treble 1st as it blocks out everything.

Thanks for the link (I already had that exact page bookmarked, lol). I was just curious to know if they had been discontinued since the rep quoted earlier left them out. If so, that sucks since they are very competent and have a unique form among KZ offerings.

No worries, the one thing we can count on from KZ is more models coming out. We'll survive without the ANV, Micro rings, etc. And the person from KZ omitted mention of the new kz-ed8. 

Dec 23, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #2,020 of 64,379
No worries, the one thing we can count on from KZ is more models coming out. We'll survive without the ANV, Micro rings, etc. And the person from KZ omitted mention of the new kz-ed8. 

Yes indeed :) can't wait for newer models. I hope they update or replace the Micro Ring with something similar.

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #2,021 of 64,379

Alright, after some tip rolling and covering the vent holes with Scotch tape. the bass indeed comes out nicely with large size silicon tips. I agree with you on the bass, the spaciousness of the sound and the forward mid but I still find the timbre especially vocals, on many tracks sound artificial and the upper mid/lower treble ear-piercing. I'll experiment later with the mod you suggested,

Dec 24, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #2,022 of 64,379
Alright, after some tip rolling and covering the vent holes with Scotch tape. the bass indeed comes out nicely with large size silicon tips. I agree with you on the bass, the spaciousness of the sound and the forward mid but I still find the timbre especially vocals, on many tracks sound artificial and the upper mid/lower treble ear-piercing. I'll experiment later with the mod you suggested,

Glad you've been messing around with them.

The ball of fabric is key. It makes the greatest difference. Small bore tips and the fabric should probably negate the need for any other changes.

They certainly have potential. Not really worth the time I guess, given how cheap they are. Still fun though :D

Dec 24, 2014 at 2:00 AM Post #2,025 of 64,379

Will probably snap them up after Xmas...Also Merry Christmas to all...

Don't need to hesitate on buying it. It is definitely more than worth it.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back