Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 23, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #1,997 of 64,378
  I know some of you guys didnt like the sound of KZ ANV, but its cheap(<-link) though. You guys liked build quality if im not mistaken and might buy it for that price. I bet its good for trap

Trap? You mean rap?

For USD$10 there are much better KZ options. Depending on your taste in music.

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM Post #1,998 of 64,378
I just received the DT3 today.
tongue.gif
Out of the box, they had too much mid-bass drowning out the mids and highs for me, thus i decided to do some tip rolling. When I put the Sennheiser double flanged tips that came with Havi B3 on it
rolleyes.gif
. Bam! It became balanced, with supple amounts of bass, not drowning the mids and highs. It brought out the details too. I could hear details that I couldn't hear in VSD3S and T1E even besting many of my other budget IEMs like the Pistons and the Huawei Honor IEM 
bigsmile_face.gif
. I would recommend the DT3 to anyone who does not mind build quality and wants to have a "disposable" IEM though I do not recommend disposing it
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #1,999 of 64,378
I just received the DT3 today. :p Out of the box, they had too much mid-bass drowning out the mids and highs for me, thus i decided to do some tip rolling. When I put the Sennheiser double flanged tips that came with Havi B3 on it :rolleyes: . Bam! It became balanced, with supple amounts of bass, not drowning the mids and highs. It brought out the details too. I could hear details that I couldn't hear in VSD3S and T1E even besting many of my other budget IEMs like the Pistons and the Huawei Honor IEM :bigsmile_face: . I would recommend the DT3 to anyone who does not mind build quality and wants to have a "disposable" IEM though I do not recommend disposing it :wink: .

Why...why ...build quality is not good .....care to elaborate ......was thinking of getting it .....havent got any KZ for some months ....me been good .......tip rolling is a must ...cheers

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #2,000 of 64,378
Why...why ...build quality is not good .....care to elaborate ......was thinking of getting it .....havent got any KZ for some months ....me been good .......tip rolling is a must ...cheers

It just feels fragile. The bad part of the build is only the cable. The cable's a little thin and theres a lack of strain reliefs. Though the sound quality still outclasses all the bad cons of it since its a frigging $10 iem that sound as capable as a $150 one.
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:55 AM Post #2,002 of 64,378

It just feels fragile. The bad part of the build is only the cable. The cable's a little thin and theres a lack of strain reliefs. Though the sound quality still outclasses all the bad cons of it since its a frigging $10 iem that sound as capable as a $150 one.
biggrin.gif

Huh? Some do. Some don't. The KZ ES has a thickish cable and crimping - strain relieve seen on more expensive IEM's. The DT3 has a thinner cable (and superior SQ than the ES). These two, my only experience with KZ, have an amazingly robust build for the price.

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #2,003 of 64,378

Huh? Some do. Some don't. The KZ ES has a thickish cable and crimping - strain relieve seen on more expensive IEM's. The DT3 has a thinner cable (and superior SQ than the ES). These two, my only experience with KZ, have an amazingly robust build for the price.

I was refering only to the DT3 for the cable's build quality, So please no misunderstandings that I was criticizing the whole range of products for the KZ.
biggrin.gif
Furthermore, Its my first and only KZ, So i have no experiences of the rest of the products.

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #2,005 of 64,378

I was refering only to the DT3 for the cable's build quality, So please no misunderstandings that I was criticizing the whole range of products for the KZ.
biggrin.gif
Furthermore, Its my first and only KZ, So i have no experiences of the rest of the products.

I agree with you on that. I believe that KZ put their money in the DT3 drivers and cut back on the rest to keep the price at the same level as their other offerings. There isn't much strain relief that I can see. 

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #2,007 of 64,378
  I have EDSE and R3 in the mail so im thinking it could bring a little diversity in sound. 

Nope i mean Trap <-link just rewind to 3:30 if it doesnt do on its own. 

huh I see! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trap_%28music%29

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #2,008 of 64,378
I know some of you guys didnt like the sound of KZ ANV, but its cheap(<-link) though. You guys liked build quality if im not mistaken and might buy it for that price. I bet its good for trap. 

The ANV does get a bad rap for poor sound quality...however....those who own it need to try the little filter+tip change add on I posted a while back. They sound so much better this way.

Also, does anyone know if they discontinued the Micro Ring?

Dec 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #2,009 of 64,378
The ANV does get a bad rap for poor sound quality...however....those who own it need to try the little filter+tip change add on I posted a while back. They sound so much better this way.

Also, does anyone know if they discontinued the Micro Ring?

I just read they dont have bass at all and sound like an old fixed phone. I think ill pass. 

I think it is discontinued but still available here http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-apparatus-of-5-8-MM-acme-micro-ring-in-ear-headphones-high-resolution-penetrating-voice/2033397274.html

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #2,010 of 64,378

@Wokei,  get DT3. You won't regret it.  
smily_headphones1.gif

It is currently my top favorite from the four KZs I got.  It has warm spacious sound and smooth treble.  Just need to be gentle when tip rolling or the casing could split apart like what happened to mine. No harm done though. A little Uhu fixed it good. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back