Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 5, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #796 of 64,402
How are the DT3? Thanks for the help guys :)
As I said earlier, I love the presence of bass but I don't like it when it gets overwhelming so YES or NO for the DT3? I am really looking to just get 1 because I really don't want 2 in the cheap bundles. Also what do you guys think. Will KZ headphones/earphones prove better than the extremely popular budget fi Xiaomi Pistons 2? If so please provide with awesome models. Thanks !

Get KZ GR ....one iem with two sound sig .,,comes with two nozzle red and black for different sound ...

Oct 5, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #798 of 64,402
I did mention that earlier. Anyways how do they sounds? It doesn't get much marks for its design and looks but I need it to perform to cover that up just like the other KZs do. Thankd

The sound will suit your music preference imho ....black nozzle will give you bass enhanced sig with more than decent clarity while red nozzle will give you a more balanced sound .....as far as looks and design ..its more of a plus comapred to the sound it produced ..as you mentioned ....you want or can only get one iem ...so this would be the logical path to take or buy ....for the price of less than 10$ ....it cant get any better than this ...cheers

Oct 5, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #799 of 64,402
I have found these to come with the mic

g.k-tuner for    7.20

g.k-r35        for   8.10

g.k-ed1  for 8.10
 kz-ed Special Edition for 9.90
kz-r95  for 9.00
kz-es  9.90
kz-rx 7.20
kz ed2 6.80
kz dt3  13

Which 1 would be the best allrounder for general use with the mobile phone? I guess kzed se and dt3, but i find a few cheaper alternatives to look better for me, + i do not want big earphones, they wont fit my ears.

Oct 5, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #802 of 64,402

Both my units only spent 20 hours in the burn-in pit and my ears are far from being "sophisticated", so I am not sure if it's fair to give any impression but anyway if you really want it, you have to take it with a large pinch of salt. Moreover, in the DT3 manual, it mentions 100-200 hours of burn-in requirement, so I guess the number should apply to ES as well.

In a nutshell, ES emphasizes more on treble while DT3 on bass. So, if you like bass, choose DT3, if you like treble, choose ES. DT3 sounds like  L shape while ES ... an inverted L shape.  Am I making any sense? Personally if I have to choose, I would choose DT3 for I find the treble on ES is a bit too bright for my ears with many of the test tracks* used below:

1. Oye 2014 (Santana with Pitbull from Corazon album)
  2. Umbria (Yello - Touch Yello) 
  3. I can see the future (Incognito - No Time Like The Future) 
  4. Freedom Jazz Dance (Alain Caron - Le Band) 
  5. How was it for you? (Gare Du Nord - Lilywhite Soul)  

Specifically on Oye 2014 (which recording is far from perfect), cymbals on ES were unbearable and sound artificial.  So playing tracks without cymbals or where cymbals are not dominant, ES is fine. For examples:

1. Hard to be soft (Paula Cole duet with Ivan Lins - Courage) 
  2. Spanish Harlem (Rebecca Pidgeon - Chesky The Ultimate Disk)
  3. If I could Sing You Blues (Sarah Kay - Chesky The Ultimate Disk)
  4. Correnteza by Ana Caram from Chesky The Ultimate Disk)

On Correnteza, which is purely accoustical (vocal with cello, guitar, shaker and African Tambour), DT3 rendered the African Tambour remarkably well, while the sound of this tambour on ES was barely audible. 

So yes, ES and DT3 have different signatures. Choose depending on your taste of music.  My recommendation however is to buy both. Since both are very affordable, why not buy both?

* Note: These are either 16-bit FLAC files or up-sampled 64 bit 320kbps MP3 files. 

Source: LG G3 with Neutron app (volume at 45%-60%)
Amp: SMSL SAP5 amp (volume set at max)

KZ-ES:

After 60+ hours of burn-in, the bass on ES has come out. It sounds warmer and no longer an inverted-L-shape but not really a V-shape either, so let's just say it is going to the direction of Altone 200.
wink_face.gif
 The treble is not as bright as Altone's though which to me is a good thing. YMMV. I am listening to Paula Cole's album "Courage" (up sampled 64bits, 320kbps mp3 files) and I notice vocal sounds great now on ES.

KZ-DT3:

The  burn-in doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect on DT3 though. It still sounds as good as the DT3 I knew 60  hours ago. DT3 definitely sounds warmer than ES. The treble on DT3 is more polite than ES.

Again, if I have to choose, I will still choose DT3 but it is indeed a tough choice. Back to the burn-in pit....

Oct 6, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #803 of 64,402
@rontant- nice impressions, well done... Thanks!

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #804 of 64,402

KZ-ES:

After 60+ hours of burn-in, the bass on ES has come out. It sounds warmer and no longer an inverted-L-shape but not really a V-shape either, so let's just say it is going to the direction of Altone 200.
wink_face.gif
 The treble is not as bright as Altone's though which to me is a good thing. YMMV. I am listening to Paula Cole's album "Courage" (up sampled 64bits, 320kbps mp3 files) and I notice vocal sounds great now on ES.

KZ-DT3:

The  burn-in doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect on DT3 though. It still sounds as good as the DT3 I knew 60  hours ago. DT3 definitely sounds warmer than ES. The treble on DT3 is more polite than ES.

Again, if I have to choose, I will still choose DT3 but it is indeed a tough choice. Back to the burn-in pit....

Great review! 
popcorn.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #805 of 64,402
I found out the t1e has an n50 magnet so the n45 in the dt3 is less impressive but I'm still looking forward to my dt3 arriving :)

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #807 of 64,402

KZ-ES:

wink_face.gif

KZ-DT3:

Nice impressions. I'm really looking forward to receive these. From you're description I'll probably enjoy the ES more than the DT3 but time will show.

Oct 6, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #808 of 64,402
i think il order the DT3 and the ES...Found a bundle with the microphone versions of both for 22 usd.. 4 kzs in a couple of days... Just like when i found penonaudio for the first time xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back