Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 19, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #61,561 of 64,368
I seem to recall promising to let someone here know how the Jcally Jm6 Pro performs with the PR2. Well, its shipment has arrived in my country and I should have it in my hands on Monday or Tuesday.

As a side note, I have a older LeEco Le Max 2 dongle (yeah, I know that's a mouthful) from 2016 that's driving my PR2 rather well at the moment - I was rather surprised that it did. And, I don't even have to initialize it with USB Audio Player Pro first for it to do so; unlike using the Apple dongle with Android which requires that to achieve a reasonable volume.

May 19, 2023 at 9:45 PM Post #61,562 of 64,368
I seem to recall promising to let someone here know how the Jcally Jm6 Pro performs with the PR2. Well, its shipment has arrived in my country and I should have it in my hands on Monday or Tuesday.

As a side note, I have a older LeEco Le Max 2 dongle (yeah, I know that's a mouthful) from 2016 that's driving my PR2 rather well at the moment - I was rather surprised that it did. And, I don't even have to initialize it with USB Audio Player Pro first for it to do so; unlike using the Apple dongle with Android which requires that to achieve a reasonable volume.
LeEco is still around?

thats the sus full screen chinese smartphone brand yeah?

May 19, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #61,563 of 64,368
Looks like I'll be buying another pair

so, which one is sounding better ? with or without mesh ?
mine is with the mesh

Would like to see HBB and KZ response to different PR2's, explaining what is up with set having mesh and some not. Also see how they differ on the graph.
I'll be comparing and graphing them

Also somehow I got the old price?
Screenshot_20230520_114858_Firefox.jpg

May 20, 2023 at 12:56 AM Post #61,564 of 64,368
Just got a tracking number for my order placed on April 28th. I'll update once I get them. Seems like the ball is rolling.

May 20, 2023 at 4:59 AM Post #61,565 of 64,368
Received mine set at last (bought from KZTWS). Crazy value!!

IMG20230520104022.jpg

May 20, 2023 at 5:03 AM Post #61,566 of 64,368
LeEco is still around?

thats the sus full screen chinese smartphone brand yeah?
Nah after the faraday future fraud debacle, LeEco was sunk in the midst too, having cancelled all future products and have no more future products.
They say they are still around and not for sale but only as a "technically" basis
(LeEco basically has gone bankrupt)

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #61,569 of 64,368
Nah after the faraday future fraud debacle, LeEco was sunk in the midst too, having cancelled all future products and have no more future products.
They say they are still around and not for sale but only as a "technically" basis
(LeEco basically has gone bankrupt)
I dont quite remember the story anymore but it was very hyped when it enter smartphone market, on how it will be the next xiaomi and how the parent company is fairly massive in china.

Dont quite remember what happen but then it underperform and dwindled away despite the fairly big hype early campaign.

And yeah, on outside the smartphone world, there is Faraday Future debacle.

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 9:58 AM Post #61,570 of 64,368
After listening to the PR2 for a while longer, the mids feel too forward and some tracks sound quite different from what I'm used to, it has a certain unnatural tone to it. Reminds me of the Samsung Buds +.

It's particularly noticeable with strings, when it's at the right note it has an unnatural sheen to it. Perhaps a 500 mesh mod would work. lf not I'll try the CRA nozzle mod again.

In other news, I've noticed the alignment of the "good" set is the same as on my PR1 Pro.
20230520_214523.jpg20230520_215110.jpg

The other pairs look like this
II
20230520_215547.jpg

III
20230520_220327.jpg

IV
20230520_220601.jpg

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #61,571 of 64,368
After listening to the PR2 for a while longer, the mids feel too forward and some tracks sound quite different from what I'm used to, it has a certain unnatural tone to it. Reminds me of the Samsung Buds +.

It's particularly noticeable with strings, when it's at the right note it has an unnatural sheen to it. Perhaps a 500 mesh mod would work. lf not I'll try the CRA nozzle mod again.

In other news, I've noticed the alignment of the "good" set is the same as on my PR1 Pro.

The other pairs look like this
II

III

IV
This is another interesting twist. So they even have different batches with driver mesh, perhaps from different factories? My set has one of the crappy alignments but doesn't sound unnatural, just a tad lean/analytical. Thanks for looking into this... advantage of getting multiple sets :)

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #61,572 of 64,368
This is another interesting twist. So they even have different batches with driver mesh, perhaps from different factories? My set has one of the crappy alignments but doesn't sound unnatural, just a tad lean/analytical. Thanks for looking into this... advantage of getting multiple sets :)

I agree with the "unnatural" definition more than with the "analytical" one. I didn't like the PR2 at all, already sold after listening to them for 10 minutes max (I'm not a burn in supporter). For me, they are just badly tuned, I am new to IEMs but really don't understand the hype for this set. Personal preferences too, of course, the more a trasducer is V-shaped, the less I like it. Actually, I wonder why there is a so huge demand for V-shaped sets...

May 20, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #61,573 of 64,368
I'm planning to swap L/R sides of sets to see if it's actually causing any significant perceivable differences. This pic is comparing the right side FYI. But the left side of the sets are quite similarly aligned and even the problematic 4th set looks properly aligned so there may be more to this story.

As for my impressions of the sound this is definitely creeping into the territory of boosted lower treble (~4khz)

But then again, there's the issue of unit variance so our units may sound different.

I agree with the "unnatural" definition more than with the "analytical" one. I didn't like the PR2 at all, already sold after listening to them for 10 minutes max (I'm not a burn in supporter). For me, they are just badly tuned, I am new to IEMs but really don't understand the hype for this set. Personal preferences too, of course, the more a trasducer is V-shaped, the less I like it. Actually, I wonder why there is a so huge demand for V-shaped sets...
I mainly do not like the lower treble for this set. Depending on the song it can get too intense/forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back