Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 1, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #60,451 of 64,373
I ordered the PR1 from the KZ official Ali store on 11/20, but they won't ship it for some reason.
Does anyone know why it wouldn't have shipped by now?

I've messaged them a few times, and they just keep saying they'll ship as soon as possible.
Never had this happen before.

Dec 1, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #60,453 of 64,373
Same here.

The current status of my order changed to "Awaiting delivery" just before it was automaticaly cancelled.
In global.cainiao.com it has the status ""Awaiting seller dispatch"...

Smells fishy. This is not usual for sure.
If it's delayed for a good reason, they should say so, but they just give generic responses.
I ordered the PR1 with the big discount. Did you order at full price, or a big discount also?

Dec 1, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #60,455 of 64,373
KZ have several store,
KZ official store and KZ earphone franchised store, CCA official store.

If you buy PR1 pro with the early bird discount and free shipping, it will take sometime before it start to ship.

Its crappy thing but my PR1 took 5 days, and my old esx took 11 days. Tough the two is bought on early bird discount (first week of sales). It seems that discounts is the same with preorder price. tough if you take paid delivery apparently it will ship faster.

Dec 1, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #60,456 of 64,373
I suspect that demand for KZ PR1 Pro has exceeded their stocks. So they will be trying to catch up production. As this is a new product using a different driver the supply chain could be hung up with components too. Try extending time, I'm sure they would rather have orders lapse and sell them to customers at full price. :thinking:

Dec 1, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #60,457 of 64,373
I ordered the PR1 from the KZ official Ali store on 11/20, but they won't ship it for some reason.
Does anyone know why it wouldn't have shipped by now?

I've messaged them a few times, and they just keep saying they'll ship as soon as possible.
Never had this happen before.
which store you bought it from?
KZ official or KZ franchised store?

Dec 1, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #60,460 of 64,373
i ask around, kz rep said "all order have been ready to ship just waiting for tracking order"
hopefully you'll get status update within a day or two
Thanks...fingers crossed, not that I need another IEM, but since I ordered it, now I want it. :)

Dec 2, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #60,462 of 64,373

"Not that I need another IEM!"​

That could become a meme, but probably not here! Judging by the startled gazes and sudden indrawing of breath.:astonished:
i was staring at discounted Zetian Wu in my ali cart for quite some time for few days during 11.11.
successfully not to impulse buy it.

but then i saw PR1 Pro graph comparison with S12 and Timeless and 50% off...

Dec 2, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #60,463 of 64,373
i was staring at discounted Zetian Wu in my ali cart for quite some time for few days during 11.11.
successfully not to impulse buy it.

but then i saw PR1 Pro graph comparison with S12 and Timeless and 50% off...
I had the new TRN Xuanwu, Audiosense DT200 and KZ ZS10Pro X lurking in my cart towards the end of the sale. But I resisted pushing the button. All it took was the pitiful whimpering from my wallet, grim determination and two rolls of duct tape! :L3000:

Then my attention got dragged back to 60% off AQ0 🤫

I'd still like to know how the Xuanwu stacks up against the Gumiho though...🙄

Dec 2, 2022 at 7:21 AM Post #60,464 of 64,373
KZ PR1 Pro review by Hi Fri
https://www.facebook.com/Seventhdaysavior

KZ PR1PRO review.
"KZ's next generation in budget HIFI audio."

Price: $70.99 to $85.99 depending on where you buy.
Link: https://www.kztws.com/products/kz-pr1-pro

Specs:
Planar size: 13.2mm.
Magnet structure: N52, 7 per side, 14 total.
Impedance: 16ohms ±3ohms
Sensitivity: 100db ±3db
Frequency response: 20hz-40khz
Cable type: 8 core, silver plated.
Cable legnth: 120cm ±5cm
Package Includes S/M/L foam tips,
Decent quality Silver plated cable.

Hi-fri's TL'DR rating:
(This rating is based off $80 price and my personal listening experience)
Overall rating 85/100
Overall tuning signature: 8/10
Bass quality: 8/10
Mid-range quality: 9/10
Treble quality: 9.5/10
Tonality: 7/10
Timbre: 6/10
Stage depth: 8/10
Stage width: 7.5/10
Stage hight: 7/10
Seperation: 9/10
Layering: 9/10
Dynamics: 7.5/10
Resolution: 9/10

PR1Pro Pro's:
Fantastic Resolution.
Great treble response and extension.
Good mid-range performance.
Decent sub-bass performance.
Good mid-bass performance.
Good layering.
Great separation.
Good hight.
Decent depth.
Great width.
Good dynamics.
Close to excellent tuning.
Nice cable.
Good build quality.

PR1Pro's con's:
Recycled design, easy to confuse with PR1, PR1HIFI.
Lack of accessories/tips when compared with dioko.
Bright upper treble could be fatiguing to some, foam tips are almost necessary.
Planar timbre could be fatiguing to some.
Tuning could still be refined a little further but i believe will appeal to most people.

Foreword:
(this is going to be a bit long so i understand if you'd like to skip to the listening impressions.)
The PR1pro is the latest revision in KZ's line of planar IEMs.
Unfortunately KZ's planar range has been somewhat muddled by the previous PLA13, PR1 and PR1HIFI, but now, after three quick generation releases I believe KZ has finally landed on a hit, a venerable masterpiece of budget planar technology, with one small caveat...
...So who is the PR1 pro for?
Well for starters I belive its for anyone who doesn't already own a planar iem, or for anyone who hasn't bought one in a while i.e: since the TinHifi P1 days.
If you already own dioko, S12 or Timeless I'm not convinced you need the PR1pro, unless you just want to pick up another great pair of planar iems, you like the design or you have $80 burning a hole in your pocket. Also unfortunately the sale price has ended but at roughly $80 I still think the PR1pro is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a Uber high resolution listen, Uber high detailed listen.
Unfortunately some people will be confused by the PR1 and PR1Hifi models but I can say with certainty they don't hold a candle to the PR1pro and I feel KZ has finally hit the nail on the head.
These set of planar iems rock!
Also, just a side note about my affiliation with KZ.
KZ has been seeding me (and other reviewers) with sample units for some time now, which is arguably the life blood of most reviewers. (With the recent pace of iem releases I can attest that it can get VERY expensive! Also i buy the majority of the iems i showcase on my page)
Other than KZ seeding me units I have no affiliation with KZ, sometimes even going out of my way not to communicate with them during the review period as to not effect my reviews.
Firstly I would like to state that KZ has NEVER asked for a positive review, and despite them seeding me units I've actually asked in the past that they not send me more units as it's a burden on my time and not my true passion (creating iems is)
But alas, they keep sending them and so I review KZ iems because at some point in time they were. almost universally every hobbiests first iem and I believe there is an important market for budget iems.
it is also my personal opinion that recently KZ has really been striving to innovate, and in recent times they have become more receptive to customer feedback and reception, going out of their way to iterate on their products. I.e: AS16PRO, HM20, PR1PRO.
That being said; it is also my personal opinion that somewhere along the lines KZ has received a negative image in some circles, despite the fact that I have never found fake drivers in any of their iems (I've opened a lot of them) and other than a few poor design choices their build quality has been very good, much better than some other companies even making killobuck iems.

Alright.. let's talk about sound.
The PR1hifi is like a Lazer cannon for your eardrums. They're extremely crisp, detailed, punchy, well tuned... Everything I could want in a pair of iems from KZ.
Unfortunately I'm a not big fan of "the planar sound" in general, the timbre is just a little too gritty for me personally and they can get a little fatiguing but holy crap is the resolution there, and the PR1 has it in spades.
Now unfortunately im not sure how they compare to S12, Timeless, Etc...
But I DO know how they compare to my old pair of P1Max and I think they pretty much wipe the floor with them. Lol.
Okay, let's talk treble sensitivity... if you are treble sensitive you might have trouble listening this iem. If it's a lower treble sensitivity then you should be fine, but if you're sensitive to upper treble you may want to look somewhere else.
The PR1 pro is a treble cannon and its Laser beam treble, aka the best kind of treble.
Now for you older listeners, people over 40 years old will love these, people under 40 might like them a little less. I personally love them.
Also for people who want a bit less treble hit me up, I'll send you a mod to tune it down a little bit.
Bass quality? Its great, I love it, It's fantastic. No complaints at all.
Midrange quality? Excellent, KZ did a great job here. It's very even, very "reference" sounding. Nice, crisp and clear.
I won't do any listening impressions because as I sit here and listen to music everything sounds amazing.

In summary:
The PR1Pro is an amazing iem from KZ! You know what they say, third times the charm, and this is true for the PR1 series.
I'm just happy KZ kept refining the series because I really love this iem.
Like I said earlier in the review though, if you already own a recent planar, especially dioko, I'm not sure that you'll need this planar iem...
But if you haven't tried a planar iem or you're just a fan of KZ and you're looking for a budget iem you will not go wrong here.
Of course if you already own a planar I suggest you read some of the comparisons published before you buy another one, just to avoid it being redundant.
So yeah, props to KZ for making such a great iem! I hope it sells well so they will continue to make better iems.
---

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2022 at 9:04 AM Post #60,465 of 64,373

"Not that I need another IEM!"​

That could become a meme, but probably not here! Judging by the startled gazes and sudden indrawing of breath.:astonished:
Need and Greed are two different animals… we have greed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back