Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Oct 23, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #56,821 of 63,962
Within 45 days of NRA, KZ has launched ZEX and a Pro version as well. Very much along the expected lines.

Sigh, they are back to their old ways of launching multiple sidegrades and using consumers as beta tester guinea pigs.

Throwing as much crap on the wall and hope something finally sticks.

Pokemon collection for the win!!!

gotta-catch-em-all.gif

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #56,823 of 63,962
Sigh, they are back to their old ways of launching multiple sidegrades and using consumers as beta tester guinea pigs.

Throwing as much crap on the wall and hope something finally sticks.

Pokemon collection for the win!!!

gotta-catch-em-all.gif
Yes. Probably this new driver tech is what making them bullish and try everything possible to milk it to the very last drop. Same was the case with hybrids in 2017-18 when they started churning out a BA+DD set with varied driver count every 15-20 days. But now we know, if you have NRA then the pro version of ZEX will in all likelihood be a marginal upgrade. NRA Pro/Pro+ might be a little more than marginal upgrade but still not worth the investment.

Oct 24, 2021 at 5:39 AM Post #56,824 of 63,962
Although I like the KZ ZEX a lot for the silly money, I think the KZ DQ6 is better after spending few days comparing them side by side. The three DDs of the DQ6 give a much more positive 'edgy' performance than the DD and Magnetostat of the ZEX. Perhaps the BA of the upcoming KZ ZEX PRO can fill out the mids and upper mids where the DQ6 is clearly better. The triple DD of the DQ6 is a very successful combination and is a step up from the other triple DD I have got, the Dunu 380..... which has Titanium drivers. It seems that there is more room for triple DD IEMs, and there are still possibilities using 3 DD's with other driver materials. The KZ DQ6 is a great offering for so little money.

Oct 24, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #56,825 of 63,962
Damn!! These are crazy good for the price, am totally #ZEXed.

IMG_20211024_154458.jpg

Oct 24, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #56,826 of 63,962
Brief size comparison between the ZAX and the ZEX:

12921C63-9D5C-4C4C-911A-4EE5FACE28A1.jpeg

The black plastic used for the ZEX’s shell is way darker than that for the ZAX, so the internals can’t really be seen. ZAX is wearing Moondrop stock tips while ZEX has been given some stiff narrow bore tips that extend that nozzle a little more.

6A52CB5F-7058-4F4B-A106-603FC367FE64.jpeg

I’ve actually ordered the AZ09 Bluetooth adapter so that I can convert the ZEX into TWS beaters for exercise and other times when I don’t want to sweat all over my XM4s. Yeah, I do like these quite a bit.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #56,830 of 63,962
Since I still haven't received my ZEX yet, does that mean a ZEX Pro mkII will be released while I'm waiting for my ZEX Pro delivery? :thinking:
Maybe they'll release an NRA Pro first 😆

Oct 24, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #56,831 of 63,962
I've been off the iem train for a bit. Current have DQ6, CCA-CA16, and my dual driver custom Ultimate ears.

I'm a drummer and use my iems for stage use, and listening to music. With Christmas around the corner, I was looking at the AST. Are those worth the money to most here?

Any KZ/CCA I should be looking into? Thanks everyone!

Oct 24, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #56,832 of 63,962
Brief size comparison between the ZAX and the ZEX:

12921C63-9D5C-4C4C-911A-4EE5FACE28A1.jpeg
The black plastic used for the ZEX’s shell is way darker than that for the ZAX, so the internals can’t really be seen. ZAX is wearing Moondrop stock tips while ZEX has been given some stiff narrow bore tips that extend that nozzle a little more.

I’ve actually ordered the AZ09 Bluetooth adapter so that I can convert the ZEX into TWS beaters for exercise and other times when I don’t want to sweat all over my XM4s. Yeah, I do like these quite a bit.
Got the NRA and the ZAX...as well as DQ6 and ZS10 pro. Haven't spun up the ZS10 PRO recently; but the others have spent much time in my ears. Imho, the NRA is at the bottom. The bass is great; but the mids are way too reduced for my library. Highs are not detailed enough for my liking either...which makes me think that the ZEX wouldn't appeal to me either. Imho, if it's within someone's budget, I'd definitely go an extra few bucks for the DQ6. Better yet; if you can afford it, get both the DQ6 and ZAX. DQ6 has a more smooth analog sound; ZAX is more detailed.
Aliexpress's 11/11 sale is coming up very soon. You could probably get both for under $80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back