Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 26, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #53,956 of 63,923
Aliexpress is refusing to refund me for my BA10 that was stolen, Or never put in the package. That does it for me.. They somehow want me to PROVE that it was stolen.. What more proof do they need besides a ripped up package that was retaped with only one item in the package.. I can no longer trust AE to stand behind their customers and provide fair judgement.. I've got one more pair of DQ6 on the way but that's it for me.. They will never get another opportunity to steal my money...

Jan 26, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #53,957 of 63,923
Aliexpress is refusing to refund me for my BA10 that was stolen, Or never put in the package. That does it for me.. They somehow want me to PROVE that it was stolen.. What more proof do they need besides a ripped up package that was retaped with only one item in the package.. I can no longer trust AE to stand behind their customers and provide fair judgement.. I've got one more pair of DQ6 on the way but that's it for me.. They will never get another opportunity to steal my money...
You can get kz ba10 on amazon for about the same price in AliExpress. It is amazon prime too so 2 days shipping with way less risk and ease of mind for refund.
I bought 2 of mine from Amazon for $47 each.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #53,958 of 63,923
You can get kz ba10 on amazon for about the same price in AliExpress. It is amazon prime too so 2 days shipping with way less risk and ease of mind for refund.

No joke, I won't buy any product from AE even if it's a little more expensive on Amazon. Ten bucks is worth the faster shipping and painless return policy.

Jan 26, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #53,959 of 63,923
No joke, I won't buy any product from AE even if it's a little more expensive on Amazon. Ten bucks is worth the faster shipping and painless return policy.
I usually only buy the 2nd pair after buying from amazon if I like the product. Never had any problem with AE yet (knock on wood).

Jan 26, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #53,960 of 63,923
Rumor has it the Smabat brand was launched in reaction to people like you--Stop Making Audiophiles Buy A Toblerone.
What's your budget and what music do you like?
Hi ScrofulousBinturong, My budget is flexible, for these I guess around $60. I was going to just get the new galaxy buds to go with my S20 FE but decided to hop on HeadFi and here I am again. Always looking for more for less. As for what music I listen to it's all over the place. From electronic, to hardcore metal, to rap, to rock, etc etc. so nothing specific really. Thanks

Jan 26, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #53,961 of 63,923

I do use Ali, and I've only had 2 issues. It's cheaper enough than Amazon for me to treat it as "Caveat Emptor", to be honest I can't be bothered to go through the rigmarole of sending stuff back to China. What I've saved has paid for the 2 bad pairs I've received. I won't buy LZ because of the issues, but I'm content to keep using Ali.

Edit : Also, I don't like to give Besos any more of my hard earned than I have to, especially with the way his workers are treated here in the UK.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #53,962 of 63,923
Yes, I bought one from Amazon last week 47 bucks 2 day delivery... .I wish they were available before I ordered the first from AE.. Think I'm gonna jus slow down on buying and wait for stuff to be available on Amazon or maybe Penon... Like you said Peace of Mind....

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #53,963 of 63,923
So the only KZs I have are the ZS10 Pro and they have this metallic timbre which I hate and the mids are too recessed, there is no meat in electric guitars. I was thinking about trying the BA10 but some reviewers really crap on them. I don't know if KZ's are for me because I like a warm natural tone with a hint of spark in the treble. Should I try BA10 regardless or something else like DQ6 ?

Jan 26, 2021 at 4:30 PM Post #53,964 of 63,923
So the only KZs I have are the ZS10 Pro and they have this metallic timbre which I hate and the mids are too recessed, there is no meat in electric guitars. I was thinking about trying the BA10 but some reviewers really crap on them. I don't know if KZ's are for me because I like a warm natural tone with a hint of spark in the treble. Should I try BA10 regardless or something else like DQ6 ?
If you want a more natural timbre, I very much doubt the BA10 will do it better (maybe even worse) than the ZS10 Pro. I suggest you take a look at some single DD iems.

Jan 26, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #53,965 of 63,923

My last expenditure for KZ is also ZS10 PRO. Thought all KZ's BA driver suffering this metallic timbre, no exceptions to BA10 I'd auditions last year based on memories.
Using Final Type E is the way I deal with all of KZ house tuning and metallic tinge.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #53,966 of 63,923

I'd say you pretty much won't find such a deal with BAs without this metallic timbre. Just try to imagine BAs are your Fender Strat and then your DD setup is then Gibson Les Paul. It's also possible to make Strat sound relatively close to LP through replacing pickups with humbuckers.
Which then transcribes as a weird tuning of BAs if you want.

You can check out QoA Vesper. It has a large 10mm dynamic driver and 1 BA from Knowles. It also has a darkened tuning which would fit you.
Other suggestion - CCA CA16 but these will be worse as they have much more BA drivers and I don't think that's your choice.

Personally, I always seemed to prefer Telecaster over any of these.

Jan 26, 2021 at 5:58 PM Post #53,967 of 63,923
I'd say you pretty much won't find such a deal with BAs without this metallic timbre. Just try to imagine BAs are your Fender Strat and then your DD setup is then Gibson Les Paul. It's also possible to make Strat sound relatively close to LP through replacing pickups with humbuckers.
Which then transcribes as a weird tuning of BAs if you want.

You can check out QoA Vesper. It has a large 10mm dynamic driver and 1 BA from Knowles. It also has a darkened tuning which would fit you.
Other suggestion - CCA CA16 but these will be worse as they have much more BA drivers and I don't think that's your choice.

Personally, I always seemed to prefer Telecaster over any of these.
There are some Ba iems with very good timbre, like the Audiosense DT200 (and probably the DT100).

Jan 26, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #53,969 of 63,923
Yeah, I know there are some out there, but I'm not quite familiar with Audiosense. I looked it up, and I think that's just a little bit over his budget (my guess).
yeah, thats why I recommended single DDs.

Jan 26, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #53,970 of 63,923
I know what you mean about the metallic timbre on hi hats and snare drums on the zs10 pro. For what it's worth it isn't there on the zsx. I can partially fix it with foam in the nozzles. Can't comment on the newer kz iems. I think it's caused by undampened ba drivers in the nozzle, but on the other hand I can't hear it as much in the original zs10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back