Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jul 25, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #5,356 of 64,231
  What the heck is this??
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-KZ-ATE-Sport-in-Ear-Earphone-With-Microphone-3-5mm-HIFI-Metal-Stereo-Earphones-Super/32405730615.html

I'm on it if someone confirms that's a legit KZ......as I like Bono's Angus style.
wink_face.gif

Jul 25, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #5,357 of 64,231
cool.gif
I sold my Flare R2a, they simply weren't cutting it. Got my Kickstarter money back, Huzzah!!!  Boy would I have been PISSED if I had bought them now for $270 after Kickstarter.

Okay now Back to KZ, WHO 
Recommended the KZ Micro Rings? One ATTABOY!!!  These things are Amazing. Vocals are OUTSTANDING regardless of Price. Some of the Best I've heard from ANY earphone. The whole presentation is World Class. These can Easily be my KZ Favorites, I heartily recommend getting these if you can. Tough to fit tips to though, but I have a trick.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 25, 2015 at 8:34 PM Post #5,359 of 64,231
Glad I could help
wink.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
Many Thanx Scrambler. I couldn't remember who told me about them and I was just too friggin' lazy to go back and read through 20 or 30 Pages to find out.
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 25, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #5,360 of 64,231
Do the micro rings isolate at all? 
confused.gif

Jul 25, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #5,361 of 64,231
:) Many Thanx Scrambler. I couldn't remember who told me about them and I was just too friggin' lazy to go back and read through 20 or 30 Pages to find out. :D

:cool: :cool: TWIN

Well, I'm a Micro Ring fanboy so I had to recommend them :D.

My intro to them was horrible however. They came with useless tips; small and large were for an iem with a normal nozzle, and the mediums were torn. The left housing wasn't glued together. I briefly listened to them on first opening then tossed them aside for the EDse.

Once I got over the initial disappointment, glued them back together and found a good set of tips, they have been one of my favorite iems.

Jul 26, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #5,363 of 64,231
Not a whole lot, but better than you would expect. They're open backed with a row of vents along the top.

smily_headphones1.gif
They isolate quite well with Foams, I counldn't hear a thing.... The trick is You have to find Foams without the inserts. Even the Largest comply 500 is too small to fit over the nozzles. I have some of these coming:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/170946097518?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true

Should look cool as hell with the Black and Blue Micro Rings. I'm temporarily using a pair of Black Foams that came with some other KZ Earphones, although it was a bit of a stretch...

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jul 26, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #5,364 of 64,231
Why are there 2 threads?

Ok I want to try my hand at KZ again after my ED9 broke, I have a very warm amp, the E07k, that makes some headphones sound boomy, should I get the ED9 or ATE?

My defective brass ED9 sounded tinny, like there simply wasn't a natural amount of mid bass and especially sub bass even with my amp.

Jul 26, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #5,365 of 64,231
Why are there 2 threads?
Ok I want to try my hand at KZ again after my ED9 broke, I have a very warm amp, the E07k, that makes some headphones sound boomy, should I get the ED9 or ATE?

My defective brass ED9 sounded tinny, like there simply wasn't a natural amount of mid bass and especially sub bass even with my amp.

You seem like those ppl who are particular about bass. I would say just continue with ed9

Jul 27, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #5,366 of 64,231
Why are there 2 threads?

For non fatiguing, smooth sound with slightly better timbre go for ATE. For flexibility, neutral - ish sound go for ED9. Both pair up very well with warm sources.

Both lack sub bass though... ED10 excels in that region. But with warm source it's a no no.

Jul 27, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #5,367 of 64,231
For non fatiguing, smooth sound with slightly better timbre go for ATE. For flexibility, neutral - ish sound go for ED9. Both pair up very well with warm sources.

Both lack sub bass though... ED10 excels in that region. But with warm source it's a no no.

Hmm, for instance my defective brass ED9 lacked mid-bass impact in the drums on this reference track (4:55), is supposed to do fine? Thanks!

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #5,368 of 64,231
  Hmm, for instance my defective brass ED9 lacked mid-bass impact in the drums on this reference track (4:55), is supposed to do fine? Thanks!

I'll leave this for someone to answer. I'm in office so no YouTube. I can answer after about 9~10 hrs when I reach home.

Jul 27, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #5,369 of 64,231

You shouldn't get another ED9 if you didn't like your previous ED9 (when it still worked). I also have the ED9 and agree that it's VERY bass light. After getting used to the ED9 it made my K10U sound very boomy.
Maybe the ATE will suit you more. It has been described by many people as balanced, natural and smooth, but both EISENbricher and I think it lacks sub-bass.

Jul 27, 2015 at 3:27 AM Post #5,370 of 64,231
In my ed9s the tiny holes in the nozzles were not completely closed while I think they should have been that. Pushing a bit with a tooth stick against the plastic thing covering the hole made them sound 100000x better.
I thought they were defective without doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back