Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 25, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #48,151 of 63,916
i mostly listen to rock (prog, hard) and metal (death, melodic, -core, power), what do you suggest between the ZS10 Pro, ZSX, CCA C10, Nicehck DB3, BLON 3 ?
Of all those you mentioned, I only have experience with the ZS10 PRO. DB3 and BLON 3 are in my Aliexpress cart, but I have not yet ordered either set yet.

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #48,152 of 63,916
How durable are the Newbee foams? Similar to a regular foam tip?
I didn't like the complys cause they were expensive and lasted max a few weeks before disintegrating or having tears. And they needed a bit of rolling before insertion.
I think they're more durable than Comply foams, but they don't last forever. You'll still have to roll them, then deal with the usual foam feeling in your ear, but I think they're a little smoother/softer. Still delicate, though.

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #48,153 of 63,916
I didn't like the complys cause they were expensive and lasted max a few weeks before disintegrating or having tears. And they needed a bit of rolling before insertion.
I find the Newbee foams very durable. I still have the same set on my KanasPro since March of this year and that is the oldest set. I've bought 4 more 6-packs (S,M,L) and they all look as good as new. TIP: After listening to your iems for a session, use a soft cloth to wipe your tips down. It keeps them pliable and avoids cracking. Always keep them in a storage case and make sure you put a couple of silica packets in your case, to keep everything moisture free (especially if you live in a hot and humid climate).

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:24 PM Post #48,154 of 63,916
Do you get a hiss with the bt20s? I heard that the bt20s has more of a hiss than the original bt20
I own both (BT20 alternating between ZS10 Pros and CCA C12s, BT20s connected to an iBasso IT03) and I can't say I've ever heard any kind of hiss outdoors. If I were listening to these with the music off, in an controlled environment, I'd probably pick up the hiss, but outdoors, with all that noise and with your music on? that really isn't an issue.

Sep 25, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #48,155 of 63,916
Every review I've seen calls the ZSX basically a sidegrade to the ZS10 Pro.

That's my only beef with KZ. They have so many lines running in parallel that I feel like if they'd just focus on, say, two lines (hybrids vs all BAs) they'd be better off because you'd know what you're getting into.

I thought the same, every review outside of Head-Fi by people who do lots of reviews made it sound like a sidegrade. The FR graphs are similar right? Most of the people in this thread have been overwhelmingly positive, definite upgrade. I love it, a definite upgrade over the zs10. I think one difference is the guys here took more time with it, changed tips, changed cables, etc. I also think the feedback here is usually quite honest, look up the as16. If it was a minor difference, people would be saying that here as well.

Sep 25, 2019 at 11:05 PM Post #48,156 of 63,916
I think they're more durable than Comply foams, but they don't last forever. You'll still have to roll them, then deal with the usual foam feeling in your ear, but I think they're a little smoother/softer. Still delicate, though.
No, they won't last forever. Neither will silicones. Rolling them a bit to insert them deep isn't a problem for me. My oldest set have not broken down yet. They are MUCH more durable than the expensive Complys. Not sure what you mean by "the usual foam feeling", though. They fact that they are comfortable, not scratchy and last much longer are a huge departure from other foam tips. What is this "usual foam feeling" that you are referring to?

Sep 25, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #48,157 of 63,916
I'm gonna chime in here and I'm afraid there might be some backlash from a few members. Everyone seems to hype silicon tips. Personally, I haven't found a set that works for me yet. I've got Spinfit CP145, Spiraldots ( both of which cost me more than 2 decent balanced cables) plus all the stuff that came with any of the iems I own. From my experiences with silicones, all they do is make my ears itchy and sweaty and don't seal very well. Each set impacts the sound signature of the iem, and people are driving themselves crazy trying to get their iems to sound the way they want. I use FOAMS! Yes! FOAMS! In my case specifically: Newbee foams. Look guys, I've tried Complys (way overpriced and expensive for what they offer in longevity and comfort), as well as Dekoni Bullets. Both are uncomfortable AF, and the Complys have this Waxguard filter on them ( which muddies/recesses the highs), and the Dekoni's aren't even a memory foam...it's just a regular, itchy, scratchy foam: that doesn't conform to anyone's ear. The Newbee foams are way different though. They are a soft memory foam, with a smooth outer layer, that is more like a silicone tip; yet behaves like a memory foam. They can be bought in various sets; like wide bore/narrow bore, or and a longer or shorter length ( like longer insertion or a rounder, shorter version). Price is much more affordable than Complys or aftermarket silicon tips. They are available on Amazon, Ebay, or Aliexpress. And they make all my iems sound great. Great bass, mids, and smooth, detailed highs. No sweatyness or discomfort. I listen to all my sets with these tips for 3-4 hours. After that length of time, it's time to go to bed...or do something else.
I personally think NICEHCK foam tips are better than newbee, and i have both. (i prefer sony silicone for zsx, but i use the nicehck foams for the BLON 03). They feel sort of in between the newbee tips and Tin T2 stock tips

They are cheaper than the newbee tips and can be found here
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ny6p8VRE

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #48,158 of 63,916
I personally think NICEHCK foam tips are better than newbee, and i have both. (i prefer sony silicone for zsx, but i use the nicehck foams for the BLON 03).

They are cheaper than the newbee tips and can be found here
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ny6p8VRE
I was looking at these earlier but in Canada (at least in my city) its $1.31 CAD a pair and the cheapest shipping is 6 bucks which sort of kills the deal.

Sep 25, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #48,159 of 63,916
Get the red color one if you can. It seems more durable than the black one for some reason. For newbee foam tips.

Sep 25, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #48,160 of 63,916
I was looking at these earlier but in Canada (at least in my city) its $1.31 CAD a pair and the cheapest shipping is 6 bucks which sort of kills the deal.
For me it says $0.96 a pair and free shipping to the US. They might not have free shipping to other countries

Sep 26, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #48,161 of 63,916
I'm gonna chime in here and I'm afraid there might be some backlash from a few members. Everyone seems to hype silicon tips. Personally, I haven't found a set that works for me yet. I've got Spinfit CP145, Spiraldots ( both of which cost me more than 2 decent balanced cables) plus all the stuff that came with any of the iems I own. From my experiences with silicones, all they do is make my ears itchy and sweaty and don't seal very well. Each set impacts the sound signature of the iem, and people are driving themselves crazy trying to get their iems to sound the way they want. I use FOAMS! Yes! FOAMS! In my case specifically: Newbee foams. Look guys, I've tried Complys (way overpriced and expensive for what they offer in longevity and comfort), as well as Dekoni Bullets. Both are uncomfortable AF, and the Complys have this Waxguard filter on them ( which muddies/recesses the highs), and the Dekoni's aren't even a memory foam...it's just a regular, itchy, scratchy foam: that doesn't conform to anyone's ear. The Newbee foams are way different though. They are a soft memory foam, with a smooth outer layer, that is more like a silicone tip; yet behaves like a memory foam. They can be bought in various sets; like wide bore/narrow bore, or and a longer or shorter length ( like longer insertion or a rounder, shorter version). Price is much more affordable than Complys or aftermarket silicon tips. They are available on Amazon, Ebay, or Aliexpress. And they make all my iems sound great. Great bass, mids, and smooth, detailed highs. No sweatyness or discomfort. I listen to all my sets with these tips for 3-4 hours. After that length of time, it's time to go to bed...or do something else.
My go to is New Bee/RIYO foams as well. Another advantage is the color options. Because my ear holes are asymmetric, I like to use red tips, to identify the right side. Especially for IEMs that have an MMCX connection; where they (because of their ability to do a 360) aren't as visually obvious, as to which is L/R.

Stock silicone tips (to date) aren't big enough for my left ear; they consistently walk out of my ear canal. I did pick up some XL silicone tips recently from Amazon; to see if they can help liven up the mids on my 2nd pair of TRN V60Pros. I'm about 24 hrs. away from comparing the V60Pros with foam vs. XL silicone. But so far, I can say the XL tips don't do the walk.

Sep 26, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #48,162 of 63,916
@Slater

Hey man
I know you have the Bluetooth cable and have done a mod on it

Have you done anything to shorten the cable by any chance?
It's so damn long, I used to have the jaybirds x3 and while they were horrible and disconnected all the time, I could shorten it to the point that they wouldn't hang at all, and be pretty tight to the back of my head

Also, do you know if there's a way to remove the memory wire?

Ps: I did all your mods on the shl 3300, turned out great pair of cans

EHY EHY
I have a pair of SHL3300 as well and I need to know :D
@Slater I need your monster mind ahahah

Sep 26, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #48,163 of 63,916
No, they won't last forever. Neither will silicones. Rolling them a bit to insert them deep isn't a problem for me. My oldest set have not broken down yet. They are MUCH more durable than the expensive Complys. Not sure what you mean by "the usual foam feeling", though. They fact that they are comfortable, not scratchy and last much longer are a huge departure from other foam tips. What is this "usual foam feeling" that you are referring to?
I'm a person who likes silicone tips more than foam, but I have two units that need foams because if they aren't 100% sealed, they sound like junk. The "foam" feeling I referred to is that "stuffed" feeling that foams give me, I'm not a huge fan and find it uncomfortable for long periods of listening. But I know some people love foams, to each their own.

Sep 26, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #48,164 of 63,916

The Bee foams are amazing. I've had them last for ages. Used them on the ZS6 to tame the treble spike. They make the ZSX sound too thick for my tastes but if you're looking for foam tips I 100% recommend the Bees.

Sep 26, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #48,165 of 63,916
i mostly listen to rock (prog, hard) and metal (death, melodic, -core, power), what do you suggest between the ZS10 Pro, ZSX, CCA C10, Nicehck DB3, BLON 3 ?
From your list, I own the CCA C10 and can only speak for that model plus KZ AS06. Both bring out the mids, with guitar and mellotron on Genesis, Yes, 80s King Crimson and Tool. Sub-bass is great with Rutherford's bass pedals on Seconds Out, for one example. FLAC files only.
From what I'm hearing, the ZSX (and I'll throw in C12, too) should be exquisite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back