Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 14, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #47,656 of 63,992
Just to check, as far as I'm aware KBear and Tripowin are not true subsidiaries of KZ right? KZ just does OEM manufacturing of the IEMs for these 2 companies?
I recalled reading that someone else on this forum contacted KBear and they confirmed they ain't related to KZ. I tried to contact Tripowin to verify this but they didn't reply me for weeks.

Biggest soundstage on an IEM sounds good (no pun intended). What sources do u use to get this big soundstage?
I am using a Hifi Walker H2 DAP via line out into a Fiio A5 amplifier. TRN 16 core cable.

Sep 14, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #47,658 of 63,992
Hi I'm looking at aliexpress to buy zsx now, do you guys have a preferred store or something, not sure which to choose from

I will go for the cheapest AE shop assuming that the shop is not brand new or has <95% rating.

Some tips are to use the app version of Aliexpress (prices are generally cheaper) and if u follow some shops u get a fans exclusive discount (i saw it for the ZSX a few days ago).

Sep 14, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #47,659 of 63,992
I will go for the cheapest AE shop assuming that the shop is not brand new or has <95% rating.

Some tips are to use the app version of Aliexpress (prices are generally cheaper) and if u follow some shops u get a fans exclusive discount (i saw it for the ZSX a few days ago).
I don't notice price difference on the app but I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Does this look fine to you? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...&terminal_id=463c9695a6404b18bc4da8900e12f404

Also should I buy any upgrade cable?

Sep 14, 2019 at 6:10 AM Post #47,660 of 63,992
That Pewter TRN does look nice on the Zenith's Arch, when I got mine I ordered the balanced silver cable Bob was offering and run a black 16 core SE from he (who should not be mentioned) when not running balanced:wink:

I also bought four of the silver-grey 8-core Kinboofis - 2 balanced 2-pin/MMCX and 2* 3.5mm 2-pin/MMCX but unfortunately there are no 0.78mm versions and 0.75mm don't work that well on the Zeniths. These Kinboofis look almost like some cheaper silver-grey 8-core NiceHCK cables but their conductors are significantly thicker.

IMG_20190628_174020-01.jpeg

Upper: Kinboofi Below: NiceHCK

IMG_20190607_143526-01.jpeg

... and make sure you get free Aliexpress Standard shipping. More and more shops on AE use registered airmail and AE saver shipping which depending on where you live can take a lot longer to arrive.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #47,661 of 63,992

I think the KZ stock cables are more than adequate, but it is a personal preference whether u wanna upgrade the cables. Some believe it changes the sound signature, some don't believe it and only change cables for asthetics and feel. Yep nothing right or wrong, I respect both camps.
I don't have the ZSX but it seems it uses a para C cable, which is different from most of the other IEM cable connectors, so keep this in mind if u are getting upgrade cable for it.
(Would be best if u ask the others what upgrade cables they use with their KSX as I don't usually use para C type cables).

Sep 14, 2019 at 6:24 AM Post #47,662 of 63,992
I think the KZ stock cables are more than adequate, but it is a personal preference whether u wanna upgrade the cables. Some believe it changes the sound signature, some don't believe it and only change cables for asthetics and feel. Yep nothing right or wrong, I respect both camps.
I don't have the ZSX but it seems it uses a para C cable, which is different from most of the other IEM cable connectors, so keep this in mind if u are getting upgrade cable for it.
(Would be best if u ask the others what upgrade cables they use with their KSX as I don't usually use para C type cables).
Good call, if anyone has a recommendation for that type of cable, please do tell.
Also that store I linked is fine right?

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #47,663 of 63,992
293FC359-612F-456C-B750-0132ACA1B43F.jpeg
I also bought four of the silver-grey 8-core Kinboofis - 2 balanced 2-pin/MMCX and 2* 3.5mm 2-pin/MMCX but unfortunately there are no 0.78mm versions and 0.75mm don't work that well on the Zeniths. These Kinboofis look almost like some cheaper silver-grey 8-core NiceHCK cables but their conductors are significantly thicker.

Upper: Kinboofi Below: NiceHCK

Yeah I bought several of the black/silver sheath TRN 8 cores from nice before everyone of them started making the 16 cores, don’t really think these 8 cores are too bad but a little on the stiff side compared to newer stuff. Love these on my mixed 4’s. Liked the 4’s enough to buy both a black pair and red pair so I could have red right and black left:beerchug:

Sep 14, 2019 at 6:32 AM Post #47,664 of 63,992
Shopee_4f71318b0fce9afba2bcc85074adacfc.jpg
Good call, if anyone has a recommendation for that type of cable, please do tell.
Also that store I linked is fine right?

The stock cable of the ZSX is fine but prone to tangle and I don't like the material so I got this KZ cable upgrade. Better aesthetics and material. I won't bet on SQ improvement though. But it didn't hurt and the ZSX continues to impress. Only $9 but thru shopee here in the Philippines.

Also, the descriptor from the seller's site. it's official KZ upgrade from China
1568353875467324977205129987907.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #47,666 of 63,992
The stock cable of the ZSX is fine but prone to tangle and I don't like the material so I got this KZ cable upgrade. Better aesthetics and material. I won't bet on SQ improvement though. But it didn't hurt and the ZSX continues to impress. Only $9 but thru shopee here in the Philippines.
Nice we have shopee too here in Malaysia. Did you buy your zsx from shopee?
I'd like the product name for the cable.
I always see mmcx etc options Im guessing that's the cable pin type? which one is for zsx?

Sep 14, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #47,667 of 63,992
Screenshot_20190914-184345_Shopee.jpg
Screenshot_20190914-184414_Shopee.jpg
Nice we have shopee too here in Malaysia. Did you buy your zsx from shopee?
I'd like the product name for the cable.
I always see mmcx etc options Im guessing that's the cable pin type? which one is for zsx?

Yes I bought it from shopee. Attached are the details as per seller's page. It's a very reliable seller as far as I'm concerned. Purchased other items from the shop and has note disappointed so far. Again, this is only for shopee Philippines. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190914-184439_Shopee.jpg
    Screenshot_20190914-184439_Shopee.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 14, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #47,668 of 63,992

Yes I bought it from shopee. Attached are the details as per seller's page. It's a very reliable seller as far as I'm concerned. Purchased other items from the shop and has note disappointed so far. Again, this is only for shopee Philippines. Hope it helps.
Thanks a lot, this will definitely help. It's around $9 here, the C variant is the one I should choose right?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back