Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 15, 2019 at 10:37 PM Post #41,821 of 63,966
Well don’t take my word on it being fun @DocHoliday as random Nine Inch Nail said I don’t hear them right! Guess he knows what I hear:rolling_eyes:

Feb 16, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #41,822 of 63,966
The truth ("this crew finds the real value in the obscure stuff we tout on these pages") is always comforting when it resonates with one's own resolve. Maybe I'll have to have this succinct statement engraved somewhere permanently to serve as consolation for the frequent moments that I stare into my empty wallet.

Truth is....

I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'll definitely be reviewing the BQ3 shortly.

Maybe it's me and my shallow ear canals but I enjoyed the ZS3. Fitted with smaller-than-usual silicone eartips, for me, brought the bass down to just above neutral which pushed the midrange forward. My ZS3 literally sounded like an HDS1 with a subwoofer. Of course they sound quite two-dimensional compared to newer offerings but my only complaint with the ZS3 was occasional strident behavior in the midrange. They certainly weren't a standard to measure anything by but I did enjoy mine for a season.

That said, if the ZS4 is as much fun as everyone says it is then I'll have to pick up a set in red along with a ZS3E (in red, as well).

Yeah, if you like the ZS3, you’ll like the ZS4 for sure. It improves the ZS3 in every way, and is like the ZS3 on steroids.

And don’t get me wrong, I personally like the ZS3 and own more than 1 pair. Heck, they were available as cheap as $4.99 at one point (which you can’t beat for that price).

I always felt that probably half of the complaints were really due to the source though.

With the foam mod, a better wired source, and amping, the ZS3 is actually a nice sounding IEM. When run from a low power source or with the Bluetooth cables, it sounds dull and lifeless.

The ZS3 came out around the same time as the original KZ Bluetooth cables, and a lot of people were running them on that crappy BT cable for working out and such. It was not a good matchup though, which I think contributed to the disappointment by many.

The tuning is dominated by bass, which is fine for some genres but not others.

Feb 16, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #41,826 of 63,966
I'm also hesitating between as10 and c10, the latter is half the price of kz's and looks better for me. Which has better bass?
CCA C10 has a dynamic bass driver (5=4BA+DD).
AS10 has a bass BA (5BAs).

AS10 and C10 have quite a bit in common - very nice resolution, good stage, gentle highs.

I personally love KZ bass BA (especially for cellos), but having both AS10 and C10, I would think for most people, the DD in C10 may be more universally appreciated.

So given that C10 is also less expensive, I would suggest trying it first and if you like the sound and resolution in general and prefer a bit faster (and a bit less prominent) bass - then you can experience AS10 as well :)

Feb 16, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #41,827 of 63,966
From AE KZ Official Store : ZSN Pro

kz_zsn_pro.jpg

Feb 16, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #41,829 of 63,966

Oh boy! On the wishlist :D

For those interested, I recently ordered the ED7 Mini, ZSE, ZSE Special, ZS3E, and the ZS7 for my shootout. Not expecting any of them to arrive until mid to late March, but they're coming. Mostly interested in the ZSE Special and ZS3E since neither has seen much coverage that I could find.

Feb 16, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #41,830 of 63,966

I just escaped from KZ blackhole difficultly, and not looking back, but that picture is like grabbing me from behindddddddddd.. noooooooooo

2DD and 1 BA like BQEYZ KB1 and KB100

Feb 16, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #41,833 of 63,966
Son of a....Just effing kill me.

As soon as I buy that, C10 pro coming out.

Might as well just shoot me now!
Just in hope to prevent any of your potential body and mental harm: just think what would you feel to be Campfire or even Fiio fan :) :)
and rejoice!

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #41,834 of 63,966

Pretty cool.

Remember when sellers were referring to a ZST Pro (ie the colorful one), but one never came out?

I wonder if there was supposed to be a ZST Pro all along...

Feb 16, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #41,835 of 63,966

Users who are viewing this thread

Back