Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Dec 10, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #39,361 of 63,966
Yeah, it's only a year old. Works great.

Has 128GB, I paid $249 (NIB), supports the latest iOS, has a 3.5mm jack, guts of a 6S, great battery life, and it's perfectly pocket-able. Does everything I need it to do, at a down-to-earth price.
Dude...I have a ZTE Axon that I bought directly from China...it's over 2 years old...
I don't even know what an "iphone SE" means lol, I just figured it would be funny to poop on WHATEVER phone you happen to have.

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #39,362 of 63,966
Yeah, it's only a year old. Works great.

Has 128GB, I paid $249 (NIB), supports the latest iOS, has a 3.5mm jack, guts of a 6S, great battery life, and it's perfectly pocket-able. Does everything I need it to do, at a down-to-earth price.

It's also the same model as my daughter's. So if she loses or breaks hers, I give her mine and daddy gets a nice new phone. That's honestly the primary reason I'm using an SE.

And so this stays on topic, I love the fact it still has a 3.5mm jack so I can listen to those sweet sweet KZ IEMs like the ZSN!

But it has a poor quality sound no ? Have you try lightning cable kz ?

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #39,363 of 63,966
I'm interested in the TRN BT20. Dont have any bluetooth earphones for the gym, so was hoping this would fit the bill.

However, I'm not sure if I need to get the .75mm or the .78mm.

I have a bunch of KZs (es4, zsn, zsr) and a few other iems (trn v20 and revonext qt2).

Which size would fit all of these?

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #39,364 of 63,966
But it has a poor quality sound no ? Have you try lightning cable kz ?

The audio is fine with me. The SE actually has respectable audio specs if you look it up. Super low impedance too, which pairs well with even my most sensitive IEMs.

I have a dedicated DAP for serious listening. The SE is primarily for bluetooth.

I have not tried the lightning KZ cable. Despite it being able to work on the SE, I just assumed that was primarily designed for newer models that don't have the 3.5mm jack.

The SE works great with everything I've thrown at it, including all KZ models I own.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #39,365 of 63,966
The audio is fine with me. The SE actually has respectable audio specs if you look it up. Super low impedance too, which pairs well with even my most sensitive IEMs.

I have a dedicated DAP for serious listening. The SE is primarily for bluetooth.

The SE works great with everything I've thrown at it, including all KZ models I own.

You must try meizu. The sound is really awesome

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:12 PM Post #39,366 of 63,966
I'm interested in the TRN BT20. Dont have any bluetooth earphones for the gym, so was hoping this would fit the bill.

However, I'm not sure if I need to get the .75mm or the .78mm.

I have a bunch of KZs (es4, zsn, zsr) and a few other iems (trn v20 and revonext qt2).

Which size would fit all of these?

0.75mm is the golden ticket for you, sir

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #39,368 of 63,966
Dec 10, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #39,370 of 63,966
Not the end of the world. 0.78mm will still work perfectly fine. No sweat :)
I like it tight if you know what I mean :wink:

Dec 10, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #39,371 of 63,966
Boom Boom

basil.gif

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #39,372 of 63,966
Attn KZ owners:

So my TRN BT20 showed up today (ordered during 11.11).

Initial impressions:

The packaging is a step up from the average TRN product. The split charging cable is slick.

The BT20 themselves appear to be well built.

They are very low latency; perfectly usable with movies and videos from my iPhone.

The fit is quite comfortable (even with glasses). I have not had them long enough to know the battery life on a full charge yet. I also have not made any phone calls with them, so I don't know how well they'll fare with the microphones being behind the ear. I suspect below average microphone performance, but I won't care either way because I bought them for the purpose of listening to music totally wirelessly.

The range is excellent. I was able to walk from my basement (where my phone was) all the way to my car parked on the street outside my house with no hiccup or drop at all.

So far I've tried them with the KZ ZS4, KZ ZSN, BQEYZ K2, BQEYZ KB1, and an aluminum quad driver IEM. I do plan on trying them with some more IEMs, to see which have the best synergy.

So far the standout pairing is with the KZ ZSN. The BT20 has no trouble driving the ZSN (as loud as I want to go), and the plug fits tightly (and looks fine). They sound great with the ZSN (I am assuming my iPhone is using AAC mode).

Best ChiFi product I've bought in 2 years. The BT20 has made my other bluetooth IEM gear obsolete - Meizu EP52, multiple KZ bluetooth cable iterations, TRN BT3, TRN BT10, Bluedio TN, some crap Baseus and Awei IEMs, and the Xiaomi bluetooth adapter (however I will still use them for earbuds and full size headphones).

I concur! It sounds awesome on a whole range of KZ's. ZS5, ZS6, ED16, ZS10, ZS4, AS10.

It has a lot of power to drive IEMs too. My ZS10 which is the least sensitive of my earphones, gets to "loud" to my ears at about 60~65% mark of the Bluetooth volume on my phone.

Likewise for range, I could do about 20 meters with eye level partitions in between with no drop-offs.

Do note however, comfort wise, its not the best when mounted on the ZS4 due to the angling of its connector. It was 'hot' after 20~30 minutes of use.
I had the best comfort wise on the ZS10 and AS10. ZS5 and ZS6, then followed by ED16. The ZS4 being last in the order.

I have yet to test the various codex options I have on my phone though. The "Developer Option" on my Android phone allows me to try all the different codex that the phone has ( AAC, LDAC, ApX-HD, etc, etc, but I have yet to venture there as I use the BT20 almost exclusively on the commute. Maybe about 20% of its use time is while I'm seated at my desk.

Will have to give that a round through to see what happens.

As for the question on using only 1 side ? It can be paired with the phone individually. I discovered that when I couldn't get the left and right to pair correctly initially. Left or Right will pair and transmit sound through. The talking mike part wasn't tested so can't confirm that.

Dec 10, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #39,375 of 63,966
I want to see more references to other brands models as well (comparing wise). I don't see a lot of that here and it's disappointing. I know it's a KZ thread and all but it would be nice to know how well the models hold up to other brands. I have seen some of the members names here in other brands forums so I know they do flirt around with other brands behind KZ's back.

I would do it myself but I mainly stick to KZ because of being burned by Audiobudget, etc and other peoples reviews.

as you said yourself, its a KZ thread. There's the sub-100 chi fi thread, main chi-fi thread and now the discovery thread (slowly turning into chi-fi thread too), not to mention the new NiceHCK and BQEYZ thread.

There's too many brands out there to reliable compare and wait for reviews for. Plus the added stigma of "KZ hype" is gonna cloud whatever comparison made. Its reaching of point of KZ=Beats, or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back