Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 3, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #29,911 of 64,402
Those look better in your photos than in the official ones.

The black pair I got do look nicer than the official pictures which look more like renders.

Also from what I can see through the transparent case, the DD, the pair of mid BA and the pair of tweeter BA are all separated by plastic walls inside the housing, so there are like "channels" from each going towards the nozzle. I'm guessing this helps with interference/crosstalk between the drivers?

Apr 3, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #29,912 of 64,402

So there are no difference between actual ATE and ATR ? Just aesthetic ?
Unless KZ changed something the last year, there are differences. The ATR has a more cleaned up bass and mid bass, making things tighter, although sometimes not as full as the ATE. I prefer the sound of the ATE - have the feeling the ATR is missing something.

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #29,914 of 64,402
Guys, can anyone please help translate the phrase from the comments to zs10? Google translator in Russian translates it as "mosquitoes within 400 mosquitoes" :D It's very interesting how it actually sounds :)

Here it is:
係咪400蚊内
"Is it within 400 hkd?"
Implying is the price less than 400hkd (hong kong dollar)

The 2nd last word is the word for mosquito, but the word is also the chinese equivalent of bucks. i.e. 400 bucks

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #29,915 of 64,402

So there are no difference between actual ATE and ATR ? Just aesthetic ?

ATR body is (stiffer and stronger) polycarbonate plastic. If this directly translates to better sound I don't know for sure. But generally, stiffer body materials are more desirable for best sound (metal vs plastic, thicker body vs thinner, etc).

Apr 3, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #29,917 of 64,402
The black pair I got do look nicer than the official pictures which look more like renders.

Also from what I can see through the transparent case, the DD, the pair of mid BA and the pair of tweeter BA are all separated by plastic walls inside the housing, so there are like "channels" from each going towards the nozzle. I'm guessing this helps with interference/crosstalk between the drivers?

The channels act like the BA tubes you see on some gear (generally higher end or carefully tuned IEMs).

You can see where the drivers are separated at the nozzle on IEMs like the ASK Hybrid or CA Andromeda:

Campfire-Andromeda.jpg

While the ZS10 nozzle doesn't look like that, KZ is basically doing the same thing, only covering the channels with a nozzle screen:

27265399078_77ffa0a230.jpg

Apr 3, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #29,918 of 64,402
Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #29,920 of 64,402
Thanks, very interesting review :thumbsup:

So i may add to my bunch of KZ either the ATR or the ED7... or both :money_with_wings: :wave::weary:

I know.....I know....

....but you've got it easy.

Me? Let's see....
I still want the ZSR in white and red......and the new blue
Then there are the Pewter ZS6's before those disappear.
Then there's the ZS10 in its colors.
Then there's the ED15 in both silver and black.
......and this doesn't even include the other eight models about to enter the marketplace.

Anyway, it's cheaper than golf or collecting muscles cars so.....

Apr 3, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #29,921 of 64,402
Anyway, it's cheaper than golf or collecting muscles cars so.....

...and more compact. I keep telling my wife (and myself) it's even the most compact of my audio collecting hobbies, besides the music these days. I am not collecting the colors though, I vary them based on if a certain color catches my eye or if I just want it to be incognito. I started off with a couple, and they were intersting enough and cheap enough to see if I could find one that was my go-to. Up until a few months ago, my only IEM was the tripleFi because my first budget BA was the apple dual which I cannot stand.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #29,922 of 64,402
Apr 3, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #29,923 of 64,402
I also feel a little bit dirty buying some of these considering I spent about a year interning at Knowles many years ago, well before IEM's were consumer items and not professional devices/hearing aides. And to think they were paranoid about their processes they never patented and kept trade secrets in a big vault back back in time. :flushed:

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #29,924 of 64,402
I also feel a little bit dirty buying some of these considering I spent about a year interning at Knowles many years ago, well before IEM's were consumer items and not professional devices/hearing aides. And to think they were paranoid about their processes they never patented and kept trade secrets in a big vault back back in time. :flushed:
A patent is worth nothing in China, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back