Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 17, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #2,716 of 64,285
Awaiting EDSE to arrive, but with those prices i want to order one more kz iem, any vocal/mid oriented iem from KZ?
Those KZ-ANVS seem rather interesting with their 14mm drivers, and give me a MP 8320 feeling just by the looks of it(lol).
R35 seem to be more v shaped and could potentially be great for edm but my current priority is a mid oriented iem.

Feb 17, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #2,717 of 64,285
  Red = Right
Blue = Left 

on my EDSE

Wow. Other way round for me
biggrin.gif

Feb 17, 2015 at 8:53 AM Post #2,718 of 64,285
Feb 19, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #2,719 of 64,285
It's alive! Good thing :)

Oh btw I rediscovered love for KZ ED8, by modding it a little. It's a mod that someone (probably james) had posted for fx850.

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #2,720 of 64,285
Finally received my KZ R1, best 4$s ever spent! 
etysmile.gif
 Cable is VERY thin above the Y-splitter, otherwise build quality is good. Earpieces are very tiny, deep instertion is absolutely supported, which is good. Best disposable laying-around-lazyboy IEM in terms of price and value. Now burning in on my old Sony walkman.. 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #2,721 of 64,285
  Finally received my KZ R1, best 4$s ever spent! 
etysmile.gif
 Cable is VERY thin above the Y-splitter, otherwise build quality is good. Earpieces are very tiny, deep instertion is absolutely supported, which is good. Best disposable laying-around-lazyboy IEM in terms of price and value. Now burning in on my old Sony walkman.. 
tongue_smile.gif

So the SQ is very good for price? Heck the price is so low I wouldn't even mind ordering just now. Though I'll hold a little till Chinese Holidays finish.

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #2,722 of 64,285
They are bassy, bit on the sub-bass side emphasis. Signature is dark, separation could be better, vocals-mids are OK, treble is a bit better maybe. For the 4 dollars, it delivers a seriously good value, but don't expect anything, that kills your Tenore or T1E. Tho, I have VJJB K1 as well, like you, that's an ocean of mud compared to these. Decent little phone! 
biggrin.gif
 (But lack of strain relieves above the Y splitter makes them good only for usage at home, fragile)

Edit: These are with stock tips. Sexy blue tips tho lol 
etysmile.gif
 Reacts quite good to EQ and easy to drive. Grab it bro!

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:10 AM Post #2,723 of 64,285
  They are bassy, bit on the sub-bass side emphasis. Signature is dark, separation could be better, vocals-mids are OK, treble is a bit better maybe. For the 4 dollars, it delivers a seriously good value, but don't expect anything, that kills your Tenore or T1E. Tho, I have VJJB K1 as well, like you, that's an ocean of mud compared to these. Decent little phone! 
biggrin.gif
 (But lack of strain relieves above the Y splitter makes them good only for usage at home, fragile)

etysmile.gif

Sounds good to me, especially considering the price. I have VJJB K1 and lol that thing is muddy.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll buy it (R1) soon.

Feb 20, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #2,724 of 64,285
For the price KZ is the best for me. I got TTPOD T1E, Soundsoul S-018 they are also good but KZ is the best just for 7 USD. Also for the shipping and communication KZ flagshipstore is the worst seller I have ever seen. :) 

Feb 20, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #2,725 of 64,285
biggrin.gif

etysmile.gif

I would rate the SQ a bit higher. The treble isn't so bad and they do a decent job with resolution. Compared to Philips SHE3590, I prefer the R1 SQ overall. The R1 are so tiny it's the closest thing to not wearing IEM's. Waiting for 3 more pairs to arrive. I had to spend a total of $12!

Feb 20, 2015 at 9:10 AM Post #2,726 of 64,285
  For the price KZ is the best for me. I got TTPOD T1E, Soundsoul S-018 they are also good but KZ is the best just for 7 USD. Also for the shipping and communication KZ flagshipstore is the worst seller I have ever seen. :) 

Agreed. The ED Special Edition (and DT3) are really good. Some people might prefer the SQ over the Pistons which are 3 times the price. I like to have an extra pair of IEM's in my backpack, jacket pockets, etc and KZ is perfect for that. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #2,727 of 64,285
Yea @Ira Delphic, actually it sounds better than DT3 for me, just compared them. DT3 is a bit muddier and harder to drive by a tad. Seriously underrated little gem haha. :D
I was considering to have an SHE3580/90/70/whatever, but maybe I'll order another R1 when I'll have spare 5 bucks. 
biggrin.gif
 (Little Phillips is around 8-10 USD in my country)

Edit: Test track, R1 performed really good on a quite complex tune imo. Great music mates! 

Feb 20, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #2,728 of 64,285

Wow man, I also have both T1E and S-018. And I find myself listening to KZ more nowdays. No doubt both are good but added benefit of EDSE's fit and not so behind SQ are great advantages.

I would rate the SQ a bit higher. The treble isn't so bad and they do a decent job with resolution. Compared to Philips SHE3590, I prefer the R1 SQ overall. The R1 are so tiny it's the closest thing to not wearing IEM's. Waiting for 3 more pairs to arrive. I had to spend a total of $12!

I have SHE as well. I'd compare once my R1 arrives. I'm very optimistic of this gem after listening to its praise : )
Even if it's not at par with other I'm sure it's very good and I can wear it while sleeping! (My habit lol)

Yea @Ira Delphic, actually it sounds better than DT3 for me, just compared them. DT3 is a bit muddier and harder to drive by a tad. Seriously underrated little gem haha. :D
I was considering to have an SHE3580/90/70/whatever, but maybe I'll order another R1 when I'll have spare 5 bucks. 
biggrin.gif
 (Little Phillips is around 8-10 USD in my country)

Edit: Test track, R1 performed really good on a quite complex tune imo. Great music mates! 

For me both EDSE and ED8 sound better to me than SHE3590. May be personal but added to that the BQ, KZ kills man!

Feb 20, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #2,729 of 64,285
I don't have the ED8 any more, but after giving it some time I came to the conclusion that it's not a bad IEM. I don't want to hype the R1 - but I will make the claim that it's the best value IEM to listen to when sleeping. I still reckon KZ put a decent dynamic driver in that plastic housing. I look forward to your  opinion @EISENbricher. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #2,730 of 64,285
Hype trains can easily lead to dissatisfaction but I can only agree. R1 is just fine, especially for 4 US dollars. 
regular_smile .gif
 This kind of discovery makes me want to try another "underground" KZ models! These cheap IEMs.. like an addiction. I should save up for a DuoZA or IM70 or CKS77x or FXZ200 or.... 
very_evil_smiley.gif

biggrin.gif
 #welcometoheadfi #goodbyetoyourwallet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back