Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 29, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #22,411 of 64,382
Hello there,

Oh, I don't EQ any of my IEM/headphones. I prefer them stock if I can help it. Because I am lazy. :grin:

If everyone had a MFi headphone, could happen if kz made them, then some developer would write an app to create a dedicate eq for each MFi headphone as well as eqing each song to the matching MFi headphones. In fact two eqing can be combined in the app. It would be where you set the eq once and listen for however often desired. People switching earphones in the future will be pretty common, I think.

Sep 29, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #22,412 of 64,382
Good news! When I got home I realised that the package was actually my upgraded cable for my ZSTs!

Boy... I was really sceptical... And am not any more. Hot damn.

Increased resolution and extension both ways I think. Could be confirmation bias, but I don't think so.

Sep 29, 2017 at 2:00 PM Post #22,413 of 64,382
Good news! When I got home I realised that the package was actually my upgraded cable for my ZSTs!

Boy... I was really sceptical... And am not any more. Hot damn.

Increased resolution and extension both ways I think. Could be confirmation bias, but I don't think so.

You get this one?

4ZSTU4.JPG

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #22,414 of 64,382
Well been lurking on this page awhile. I have the ZS5 with the ZS6 on the way and I ordered the ZSE And ZS3 but when they came it was the ZS3 and the ZST. Anyone one in here have any experience with the ZST compared to the Bro’s by Nicehck? I don’t know if I should keep the zst or send it back. I have the bro’s.

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #22,415 of 64,382
You get this one?

Sadly no.... I just got the old fashioned KZ upgrade cable. The silver one.

If the other one ever pops up on Amazon I will buy it!

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #22,416 of 64,382
Well been lurking on this page awhile. I have the ZS5 with the ZS6 on the way and I ordered the ZSE And ZS3 but when they came it was the ZS3 and the ZST. Anyone one in here have any experience with the ZST compared to the Bro’s by Nicehck? I don’t know if I should keep the zst or send it back. I have the bro’s.

Well hoping you tell us the difference:wink: Bet they will still take those ZST's back if you test drive them:scream: I'll get flamed for this one but I still prefer the ZST to all my other KZ's and I have at least a dozen:dizzy_face:

@TimeSnow , this cable absolutely destroys the KZ upgrade you have as I bought a few of those and the crazy thing is they pretty much cost the same. Guess your not much for AliEx eh?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...3.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.270.TQbJva

Anyway after reading others post that it pretty much fit .75mm ZSe/ZST/ZS5 and 6 I ordered 3 more now mind you I put it on my ZS5 but they do not fully seat in the pocket but they do work. When mine come I may break out my flat files and get them to seat all the way.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #22,417 of 64,382
I'll get flamed for this one but I still prefer the ZST to all my other KZ's and I have at least a dozen:dizzy_face:

Why would you get flamed for saying that?

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #22,418 of 64,382
Why would you get flamed for saying that?

Maybe not then but it sure seems more like the ZS5 more? No? IMO the ZST is the best iem from KZ since the ED9:wink: (Oh no he really went and done it now, flame on my brother KZ'ers):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #22,419 of 64,382
Maybe not then but it sure seems more like the ZS5 more? No? IMO the ZST is the best iem from KZ since the ED9:wink: (Oh no he really went and done it now, flame on my brother KZ'ers):stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I love my ED9s...but I do prefer the ZS5s.

I'm sure the ZST's sound good too. Why wouldn't they? :)

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #22,420 of 64,382
I love my ED9s...but I do prefer the ZS5s.

I'm sure the ZST's sound good too. Why wouldn't they? :)

So is the ZS5s the new and improved double BA in the nozzle model? Thought I ordered those in the gray but got V1's again:disappointed: Should have waited until I saw the Gearbest buyers getting theirs!!!

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #22,421 of 64,382
So is the ZS5s the new and improved double BA in the nozzle model? Thought I ordered those in the gray but got V1's again:disappointed: Should have waited until I saw the Gearbest buyers getting theirs!!!
i have version1

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #22,422 of 64,382
Sep 29, 2017 at 3:45 PM Post #22,423 of 64,382
The ZS6 I have is a review sample from GearBest, but even if I hadn't received it as a review sample, I would have bought it (but then probably with no/no detailed review coming from me), just as I have also bought several KZ and other inexpensive (Chi-Fi) IEMs in the past.

It's mainly the fun to experience some more and some less decent sounding budget IEMs. Sure, none of them serves for serious listening in my case, however I sometimes grab whatever floats my boat at the moment for casual listening in-between, casual listening on the go, fm radio listening, TV etc. Or just when something grabs my interest due to its specs, price, design, frequency response, or when I am curious and/or want to write about it because of that (else I would have never purchased and reviewed a $1.50 mp3 player in combination with my Triple.Fi 10 IEMs a few years ago).
Next time it might be a wise idea to state they are review samples in the first place. You had a lot of people worried here with your review yet the actual production product unit doesn't seem to support your review.

Review samples are in my experience often sent out before the final product unit, so there is time to make changes which it seems has happened here.

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #22,424 of 64,382
Well hoping you tell us the difference:wink: Bet they will still take those ZST's back if you test drive them:scream: I'll get flamed for this one but I still prefer the ZST to all my other KZ's and I have at least a dozen:dizzy_face:

@TimeSnow , this cable absolutely destroys the KZ upgrade you have as I bought a few of those and the crazy thing is they pretty much cost the same. Guess your not much for AliEx eh?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...3.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.270.TQbJva

Anyway after reading others post that it pretty much fit .75mm ZSe/ZST/ZS5 and 6 I ordered 3 more now mind you I put it on my ZS5 but they do not fully seat in the pocket but they do work. When mine come I may break out my flat files and get them to seat all the way.

I prefer the new cable, which draw less attention on the street.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...lver-Plated-OFC-Cable-0-75mm/32833311374.html

Sep 29, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #22,425 of 64,382

Users who are viewing this thread

Back