Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Aug 23, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #20,147 of 63,915
I seriously can't keep up. Apparently they will have new models coming almost every month towards the end of 2017, including the ZSR.
I can't keep up as well. But it keeps interesting to read reviews and impressions from fellow Headfi-ers and follow the Chifi market as a whole. I'm still impressed by the big leap in audio quality KZ was able to make with the ZS5. Never could have predicted it forehand which shows how fast the Chifi market is developing which should benefit us all.

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #20,148 of 63,915
I can't keep up as well. But it keeps interesting to read reviews and impressions from fellow Headfi-ers and follow the Chifi market as a whole. I'm still impressed by the big leap in audio quality KZ was able to make with the ZS5. Never could have predicted it forehand which shows how fast the Chifi market is developing which should benefit us all.

Benefit us all... I like that :call_me: :call_me:

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #20,149 of 63,915
got my ZS5 yesterday, even though i had already tried it before, i did it with an upgrade silver cable. i think i like the retail one better. the silver one made it brighter. im really conflicted with them, against my IT03, they stand their own. and those go for 11 time the price of the ZS5.

the chinese are on to something really big with KZ.

cant wait for the next models too.

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #20,150 of 63,915
got my ZS5 yesterday, even though i had already tried it before, i did it with an upgrade silver cable. i think i like the retail one better. the silver one made it brighter. im really conflicted with them, against my IT03, they stand their own. and those go for 11 time the price of the ZS5.

Onto something Indeed.. You are making me get excited about it :call_me: :call_me:

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #20,151 of 63,915
Got myself the highly regarded Superlux HD668B for home-use as I plan to confine the ZS5 to outdoor use, I am far from an audiophile but once again I find it pairs very well with the SMSL Idea, imo the sound signature is quite close to the ZS5 which I like (though the Superlux doesn't go as deep as the ZS5 and mediums are a bit recessed in comparison), overall it is a great headphone and definitely an upgrade over my previous Shure SRH750DJ which I found to have a veiled and congested sound BUT I still find myself liking the ZS5 over the HD668B, there's something addicting with them, am I crazy ? :worried:

Aug 23, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #20,152 of 63,915
Got myself the highly regarded Superlux HD668B for home-use as I plan to confine the ZS5 to outdoor use, I am far from an audiophile but once again I find it pairs very well with the SMSL Idea, imo the sound signature is quite close to the ZS5 which I like (though the Superlux doesn't go as deep as the ZS5 and mediums are a bit recessed in comparison), overall it is a great headphone and definitely an upgrade over my previous Shure SRH750DJ which I found to have a veiled and congested sound BUT I still find myself liking the ZS5 over the HD668B, there's something addicting with them, am I crazy ? :worried:

Doesn't sound crazy to me :call_me: :call_me:

Aug 23, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #20,153 of 63,915
Agreed on 1, 2, and 3.

I would also add:

4. Items bought during flash sales (from Gearbest) are almost always cheaper than Aliexpress.
5. Gearbest sponsors/supports HF, and George is very eager to answer questions and help with issues. He has helped me on more than 1 occasion.
6. Gearbest is their own seller - if you have a problem, you are dealing with them directly vs a conglomerate of 3rd party sellers (legitimate and scammers) on Aliexpress.
7. If you do have a problem (such as a defective item), you get multiple choices of how you want it handled. Besides reshipping or refunding, one of the choices is even a Gearbest credit that is greater than the original purchase amount (something like 110-120% if I remember).

I buy plenty of stuff from both sites, but if I have a choice between the 2 I always choose Gearbest 1st, due to the above reasons 1-7.

Ditto

Aug 23, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #20,154 of 63,915
All good points gentlemen. I will add that I asked a friend about Ali and they said that they had a bad experience. :call_me::call_me:

And many more have had good experiences, so that is really inconsequential.

Aug 23, 2017 at 3:56 PM Post #20,155 of 63,915
Their prices are low enough to get people to bite. Release the new hotness every two months and people bite again and again before they realize they've spent $100+ on entry level earphones. This is KZ's design.

It's happening with the earbud market too. If I had to guess, I'd probably estimate I have 50+ budget earbuds to see what's promising and what's not.

Aug 23, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #20,156 of 63,915
And many more have had good experiences, so that is really inconsequential.

Well aren't you an arrogant one. :darthsmile:

Obviously, it's consequencial to me and my line of comments. :call_me:

Aug 23, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #20,157 of 63,915
Well aren't you an arrogant one. :darthsmile:

Obviously, it's consequencial to me and my line of comments. :call_me:

A sample size of one will always be statically irrelevant.

Aug 23, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #20,159 of 63,915

Same with me, using it side by side with my IT03.

Aug 23, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #20,160 of 63,915
I'm more hyped about the ZS10's, should be out by Christmas :)

ZS10?

what-you-talkin-bout-willis.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back