Know any good sony headphones for $140 or less?
May 23, 2005 at 6:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

I Miss My Car

New Head-Fier
So, anyone got any good suggestions for sony headphones that list for $140 or less? My friend got a job at sony style, and gets a discount, as much as 50% on some (might be all) headphones. Like I posted in another thread (here), I'll be using these when i commute, and want some isolation, but don't want to be toooo isolated. I listen mostly to hip hop/rap, and can now go as high as like $70.

Current headphones I'm considering are the Shure E2c and AKG 26P. I tried the EX81, anbd the bass sounded too....loose and overpowering...i guess would be the words to describe them(?).

Any other recommendations are welcome. And thanks in advance.

May 23, 2005 at 6:18 AM Post #2 of 3
For the $$$ I like the MDR CD series... CD580, 780, 870 and 1000. But I think theyre discontinued. Ive seen a lot of 780s on ebay for $40, even less for the 580, IMHO thats a pretty good deal. I really like my 870.. Very flat across the spectrum, unlike the MDR-V series which seem to exagerate some frequencies and sound un-natural to my ears.

Good Luck!
Garrett

May 23, 2005 at 10:45 AM Post #3 of 3
Sony SA1000, perhaps? I'll be getting mine immediately on my next payday.
Of course, they aren't particularly isolating. But if your commute requires you to be aware of your surroundings, these might also be a good choice.
biggrin.gif
Abe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back