knife-fi?
Jan 6, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #1,427 of 2,248
Quote:
Expensive, but the best knives are from Busse, Swamp Rat, and Scrap Yard hands down.

Thats ONE brand lol!

You'll find that the actual performance of INFI steel is similar to a well heat-treated A2 at the same thickness. Their thickness is just REALLY high lol. I had their "thin" Active Duty which is something like 1/8" thick and I noticed the edge retention was about the same as my BRKT's in A2. BRKT's and other knives in 3v however :)

I recently acquired a Team Gemini Light Brigade that was so effin thick that I wasn't even able to cut simple stuff at home until I put just a silly sharp edge on it. I understand it's for "big boy tasks" but damn I'm not gonna use it to demolish my house LOL.

BUT:

Before you get mad at me, I collected them for a reason, they are sick blades, the guys behind the knives are wonderful people I've met in person, and they handle their customers with love and pride for their products.

Jan 6, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #1,428 of 2,248
I know what your saying. The only 2 I have left are an Active Duty and a Ratmandu. The Busse Knives are the most beautiful, love the handles. Yeah, they will take out your house, car LOL They can take a beating that's for sure. Very big following at Blade Forum.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #1,431 of 2,248
whoa - what are those... Terzuola? I like the look of them. A lot. 

Hah. Found them. I still like them, but not *that* much. :) I'm pretty sure my wife would leave me for spending that much on a blade. 

I've still got my eye on a Blackjack model 12 boot knife, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:29 AM Post #1,432 of 2,248
Wow - some nice knives on the thread.

I currently just keep around "work horses."

Kershaw Clash - for everyday cutting
Kershaw Tremor - self defense blade

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:48 PM Post #1,433 of 2,248
whoa - what are those... Terzuola? I like the look of them. A lot. 

Hah. Found them. I still like them, but not *that* much. :) I'm pretty sure my wife would leave me for spending that much on a blade. 

I've still got my eye on a Blackjack model 12 boot knife, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. 

Blackjack 12 is aight. I know both the guys who run BRKT. Amazing knives, great service, great pricing, US made.

Lol i make like no money. I just appreciate handcrafted products so I buy/sell/trade custom knives to afford them. If you ever want a hoot, google my name on Bladeforums and check my started threads for sales lawl.

I dont see what the fuss is over the cqc6 by Ernest Emerson is. The ATCF came first and it has better fit and finish.

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #1,434 of 2,248
BRKT = Bark River? I like a few of theirs to be sure. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #1,435 of 2,248
Daily User:

Zero Tolerance ZT0200, 3.78" Plain Edge (Black) (Stainless Steel Tungsten DLC Coating), G-10 Matte Black Handle, STEEL: 154cm

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #1,436 of 2,248
Chris - so now I've been looking more closely at Bark River and have pretty much settled on a Mini Fox River (which more or less fits the legal regs here).

What I'm wondering is if you know of any pocket sheaths that have a clip on the back allowing them to double as an IWB sheath... I didn't see any on KSF, but wondered if you knew of any others.

Something like this that I can flip inside my waistband as an option. 

Jan 17, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #1,437 of 2,248
Chris - so now I've been looking more closely at Bark River and have pretty much settled on a Mini Fox River (which more or less fits the legal regs here).

What I'm wondering is if you know of any pocket sheaths that have a clip on the back allowing them to double as an IWB sheath... I didn't see any on KSF, but wondered if you knew of any others.

Something like this that I can flip inside my waistband as an option. 

Something like that is like illegal where I live but I carry balisongs and autos all the time actually..

The mini fox river is awesome, I have the full sized one at home but I don't use it for anything manly so it mainly sits there as a trophy. For the price I paid for it secondhand I don't mind it at all.

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:08 PM Post #1,438 of 2,248
Aye - Balisongs and Autos are illegal here, the law seems a bit fuzzy on fixed blades though...seems to fixate on blade length and the nomenclature "stilleto and dagger", I know folders under 2.5 are fine - I'm less clear on if all  fixed blades are out, or if those under the size limit are ok... 

Anyway, I'm debating if I want to court that issue or not. I may get another folder instead where I feel like the length issue is less "in your face" to a passing cop. 

This one is my current love (I have a soft spot for traditionals, and already have a few tacticals) and depending on the coin toss this weekend, is where I would go if I don't get the Mini Fox River. 

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #1,439 of 2,248
Imo fixed blades are the way to go. Love the solidness of a fixed. And really depending of how you carry knives, you can hide them quite easily. I carry a 3.5" blade, 6.5" overall knife and noone knows I have it ever basically. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #1,440 of 2,248
Ive been on head-fi for a little while now and decided to lurk the gear fi forums, and i saw this forum. I recently got in to knives thanks to my dad, he bought me my first knife which is a boker plus folder. I then went on to purchase a kabar zk war sword. You guys have some really nice blades btw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back