knife-fi?
Sep 9, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #932 of 2,248

Quote:
The mayhem is a really good knife, but only an ok flipper. The design is meant for EDC and it excels at that. I sold mine to fund my current CRK.

The 51 is a better flipper, and it is much lighter. The materials aren't as good as the mayhem though. The titanium handles+s30v beat the g10 handles+d2. However, I believe someone in the JD is or was making SS/TI handles for the 51, but at the price of either of those, it would just be cheaper to get a 42.

The guy in the video got his whole knife pimped for less than a 42. I don't want the cerkote, flamed Ti, or bushings, I still want my knife factory serviceable, I'm going to look into scales and how much they'd be for a 51 before I buy a 51, I might just have the thing shipped to him.

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #933 of 2,248
I've been using Swiss army knives for a while, and I'm planning to get my first "real" pocket knife.

I have my eyes on the Spyderco Delica 4, for a EDC, and a Military for more serious uses (but it will most likely be rarely used).

Sep 10, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #934 of 2,248

Quote:
I've been using Swiss army knives for a while, and I'm planning to get my first "real" pocket knife.

I have my eyes on the Spyderco Delica 4, for a EDC, and a Military for more serious uses (but it will most likely be rarely used).

I thought the Paramillitary would be too big, ended up being one of my favorite knives.

The thing is whenever you get the Endura, you always wish you owned a Delica and vice versa, I've never owned both in one sitting haha.

Sep 11, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #938 of 2,248
^^ Is that the benchmade 14210? I thought those had a recurve instead of a flat edge, or is that because you have a 1st production run? I've always wanted to get one of those

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #939 of 2,248

Quote:
^^ Is that the benchmade 14210? I thought those had a recurve instead of a flat edge, or is that because you have a 1st production run? I've always wanted to get one of those

It's the 14205. 
beerchug.gif
  Very robust knife.

But my favorite blade shape is a similar one ground by Mike Irie for some Pacfic Cutlery handles.

Sep 14, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #940 of 2,248
I bought so many Chinese knives lately people must think I work for them. 
wink_face.gif
 This is ofcourse not the case, it's just that I discovered a couple of manufacturers who deliver absolutely outstanding quality. A great example of this is my latest addition, the SanRenMu B787. (I haven't made my own photos yet, these are from Bladeforums)

The B787 is, in my opinion, a great example of a perfect EDC knife. Sturdy, balanced, tight, non-threatening design, extremely sharp with a non-conventional blade shape for cutting as well as prying, a bottle opener and solid construction allround. The blade is 8Cr14MoV and the handle black and blue anodized titanium. 

These photo's don't do the wonderfully futuristic design justice. The blue and black accents look amazing and the finish is near flawless. All this for around $12 just blows my mind. 

To be continued! The postman brought a whole box of goodies...

Sep 14, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #941 of 2,248
Small Sebenza
Dual Lug 
S35VN blade steel

My other one was a large in S35VN and single lug only... doesn't really get much better than this. I handled a Strider SMF and the fit and finish is good, but still not on par or close to this. They're different knives for different purposes though, although in terms of cutting ability I still think these are better.

Sep 14, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #943 of 2,248
I have a couple of out of production Kershaw knives im looking to sell

Kershaw Tyrade - titanium and carbon fibre handles
Kershaw Offset - G10 Scales.

Mint condition, but no boxes.

PM me with an email address if you are intersted and want some pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back