knife-fi?
Dec 15, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #1,636 of 2,248
Saw the recent Amazon lightning deal for the $30 Kershaw Speed Bumps and jumped on it. These are a little different from the ones I know; it turns out that this new batch is Chinese-made, has a different torsion bar mechanism, a painted clip, and doesn't have the safety. The finishing of the scales and liners isn't quite as nice as the American models, but it's pretty good. My main complaints would be with the blade, but fortunately I have a couple spare Spec Bump blades in S30V lying around. The fit was a little tight, but I filed the pivot hole of the blade a bit and now it works perfectly. Pretty good beater for $30, I'd say. It's the bottom one in both pics, next to its brothers the Spec Bump and ZT 0200.

Dec 16, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #1,637 of 2,248
I just picked up a Kershaw Volt II 3650 today. My local sporting goods store had it for $21.99, which is actually just slightly below Amazon's current price. I'm impressed with it for the price. Here's a video of it I found on YouTube, but this is not my video:

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:25 AM Post #1,639 of 2,248
Looks like a special edition skeleton leatherman. 54 bucks ?
http://www.amazon.com/Leatherman-830850-Skeletool-CX-Multitool/dp/B000XU43IC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1388132696&sr=8-3&keywords=leatherman+skeletool

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #1,640 of 2,248
Dec 27, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #1,642 of 2,248
I got a little game for you guys:)

Guess how much this thing is worth.

Worth to whom? It's not a style or type of knife that interests me... so I couldn't really guess.

Do you like it? Was it worth the cost to you? Those are what matter. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #1,643 of 2,248
Worth to whom? It's not a style or type of knife that interests me... so I couldn't really guess.

Do you like it? Was it worth the cost to you? Those are what matter. 

Haha, yes, I like it. I'm not even a knife type of person, but I found it for 4 bucks, so how could I resist. Found it at a local market.

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #1,644 of 2,248
Chris - that Mosier, and the Terzuola both look pretty great for representatives of their type. Nice acquisitions. 

That McGinnis looks like a monster. Maybe just the camera angle though. 

Dec 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #1,645 of 2,248
  Chris - that Mosier, and the Terzuola both look pretty great for representatives of their type. Nice acquisitions. 

That McGinnis looks like a monster. Maybe just the camera angle though. 

The Tom Mayo, the top one is like 4.25" blade length so thats something to think about. They're both huge knives. I turn the cable money into knife money, then some of the knives get turned into hard money, which goes into cable parts..

\

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #1,646 of 2,248
Going a little bit off-topic here, but did anyone receive their copy of the Spyderco 2014 catelog?? I ordered it the day it was available but haven't received it yet.

Also for the ones who also love them, Mcusta folders have been restocked on most of the Japanese sites. Definitely getting the MC-141 and the MC-183 Ieyasu..... My god that's such a beauty
eek.gif

So many things competing for my EDC options though.. hate being a student sometimes
frown.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #1,648 of 2,248
I got a little game for you guys:)

Guess how much this thing is worth.

Did you bring that knife into the MN Ren fest this year? If not someone else brought in an identical one this year.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

Must have been someone else, because I don't attend festivals with knives in Australia, haha. I'd have myself arrested if I did.

Its not that great of a knife, but it was cheap, and has a fancy design.

Jan 2, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #1,649 of 2,248
  Going a little bit off-topic here, but did anyone receive their copy of the Spyderco 2014 catelog?? I ordered it the day it was available but haven't received it yet.

Also for the ones who also love them, Mcusta folders have been restocked on most of the Japanese sites. Definitely getting the MC-141 and the MC-183 Ieyasu..... My god that's such a beauty
eek.gif

So many things competing for my EDC options though.. hate being a student sometimes
frown.gif

Looked through the Spyderco catalog online. Some interesting updates and sprints, but nothing ground breaking or "must have" for me. I'll probably track down their Hungarian folder this year.

I do love Mcusta knives. One of these days, I'll get a Take 33D (MC3) to go with my MC5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back