Klipsch X11i vs Marshall Monitor
Apr 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Klipschfan

New Head-Fier
Hello, I'm somewhat of a Craigslist maniac. I love looking through the listing and seeing what bargains I can find. Well today I saw a pair of Klipsch x11is for $150 and the Marshall Monitor for $100. Which one do you think delivers better sound quality? I already have the Harman Kardon BT (Bluetooth version of CL), I don't really think the Marshalls would preform any better than the Harman Kardons but any opinion is welcome. Thanks in advance!

Apr 12, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #2 of 3
Hello, I'm somewhat of a Craigslist maniac. I love looking through the listing and seeing what bargains I can find. Well today I saw a pair of Klipsch x11is for $150 and the Marshall Monitor for $100. Which one do you think delivers better sound quality? I already have the Harman Kardon BT (Bluetooth version of CL), I don't really think the Marshalls would preform any better than the Harman Kardons but any opinion is welcome. Thanks in advance!

The Marshall Monitor is a darker sound in contrast to the Harman Kardon BT.  It's a bit of a bassy, warm sound that actually is very relaxing to listen to.  It's weakness is the treble as they are just too subdued for my tastes unfortunately.  Even with the FFT system removed (it's simply just a filter for the treble), it's just not enough treble quantity. 

Apr 13, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #3 of 3
The Marshall Monitor is a darker sound in contrast to the Harman Kardon BT.  It's a bit of a bassy, warm sound that actually is very relaxing to listen to.  It's weakness is the treble as they are just too subdued for my tastes unfortunately.  Even with the FFT system removed (it's simply just a filter for the treble), it's just not enough treble quantity. 

Thanks, your opinion really helped me choose which one, I'm a bit of a treble head but don't get me wrong, I love my bass too. I'm more into clean sounding headphones rather than warm. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back