Klipsch x10i any impressions?
Dec 6, 2010 at 3:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

donlaw

New Head-Fier
Just ordered these from Amazon and was wondering how they will compare to my Shure E530?
I justed want to try something different. So, whichever pairs sounds best, the other goes up for sale.

Any one want to comment on the x10i?

Thanks

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #2 of 28
Got the X10i today.
So far I have experimented with the different tips and got a very good seal.
Then listened to a few selected Christmas tunes with the iPod classic. All at 256 ACC. 
They sound great.
Next step is to try a direct comparison with the 530s.

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #3 of 28
Some people are reading this?
Anyway, in a side to side test between Shure E530s and the Klipsch X10i:

Love the size and ease of getting a good seal with Klipsch.
Mic works great with the iphone4 and the interface is great. They also sound great! Good Bass.

However the E530s seem to me to have a fuller richer sound.
So probably I will put the Klipsch up on the auction block before long.

Not in anyway and objective test, just impressions and thoughts
Cheers

Dec 18, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #4 of 28
I just recently bought these as a alternative for TF10s which were leaving my ear canals feeling pretty beaten and I have nothing but love for them - although I haven't used the Shures, the x10i is easily an equivalent for the UEs, and the big selling point for me was the light presence they have to wear, which is obviously on the money. I've found the mic to be a bit weak at times (occasionally having to repeat myself) but overall they are reinvigorating my music. I tend to listen to a lot of digital/bass intensive stuff so I love the clear reproduction of low and high end, and I find the review feedback of underwhelming midrange reproduction to be a little overstated. I've only done about 20-30 hr in them so I expect they'll even warm up a little more still.

Dec 29, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #5 of 28

I am looking for clean audio.... I want to listen to each and every instruement in the music exactly with 100%fidelity.... It seems u have many high end ear phones.... can u suggest me help... i am confued between X10i and shure se425.... Are x10i worth audiophile or I shoul go for other.....

How is ur experience with x10i... Please share....

Dec 30, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #6 of 28
My brother loves Klipsch products and Hi-end Audio. I bought Him some Radius DDM's as a super cool gift and He never uses them because of comfort. What does he use instead? Klipsch S2's. So I figure your review confirms that the x10i's are my best bet for him. Comfy, and great sound! Look just like the S2's infact...

Dec 31, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #7 of 28

Quote:
Some people are reading this?
Anyway, in a side to side test between Shure E530s and the Klipsch X10i:

Love the size and ease of getting a good seal with Klipsch.
Mic works great with the iphone4 and the interface is great. They also sound great! Good Bass.

However the E530s seem to me to have a fuller richer sound.
So probably I will put the Klipsch up on the auction block before long.

Not in anyway and objective test, just impressions and thoughts
Cheers

So should i go for shure or Klipsch..... suggest me the best earphones... If u wanted to buy one.... SE535 are way over my budget.... suggest in the range of KLIPSCH x10i.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #8 of 28
Well, 
I do still have the Klipsch x10i and they sound great. Super comfortable too. I would have no problem recommending them to anyone.
I am hesitant to sell them because they are just a perfect fit.

To me the Shure SE530 that  I have seem to have a slightly fuller sound. But if they are over your budget, then IMHO the x10i will not disappoint.

Regards

Jan 5, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #9 of 28
Update:
The more I listen to the x10i, the more I really like them. I know I pick either the E530 or the X10i and sell one, but I think I will probably keep both.
The X10i are really great for commuting, so small you hardly know they are there. And perfect with the iphone when a call come in...

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #10 of 28
Donlaw - I have the X10's almost two years and have been delighted with them, just before xmas I got custom earsleeves made for them and the sound quality has jumped again.

I will say though that they definitely benefit from amping, mine are running through an E7 and I'm really enjoying it.

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #11 of 28

Quote:
Donlaw - I have the X10's almost two years and have been delighted with them, just before xmas I got custom earsleeves made for them and the sound quality has jumped again.

I will say though that they definitely benefit from amping, mine are running through an E7 and I'm really enjoying it.

Hey I ordered new klipsch x10i..... would you recommend an amp for them.... if so which one..... 

Jan 6, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #12 of 28

Quote:
Update:
The more I listen to the x10i, the more I really like them. I know I pick either the E530 or the X10i and sell one, but I think I will probably keep both.
The X10i are really great for commuting, so small you hardly know they are there. And perfect with the iphone when a call come in...

Quote:
Well, 
I do still have the Klipsch x10i and they sound great. Super comfortable too. I would have no problem recommending them to anyone.

To me the Shure SE530 that  I have seem to have a slightly fuller sound. But if they are over your budget, then IMHO the x10i will not disappoint.

Regards

Yeah!!!.... Finally Ordered KLIPSCH X10i..... waiting for them.....

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:05 PM Post #13 of 28

Quote:
Quote:
Update:

Quote:
Well, 

Regards

Yeah!!!.... Finally Ordered KLIPSCH X10i..... waiting for them.....

Finally Got My Klipsch X10i.... Sound iz brilliant.... but I still missing the level of warmness I use to get in my CX-300 II Precision... But Definitly These Headphones Are much much better in detail and sound quality.... Bass is also sufficient.... .. Will be postin Pictures and reviews.... soon once I taste them completely..... But Truly... My money didn't got watsed... $269 worth....

Jan 16, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #14 of 28

Finally Got My Klipsch X10i.... Sound iz brilliant.... but I still missing the level of warmness I use to get in my CX-300 II Precision... But Definitly These Headphones Are much much better in detail and sound quality.... Bass is also sufficient.... .. Will be postin Pictures and reviews.... soon once I taste them completely..... But Truly... My money didn't got watsed... $269 worth....

Glad that you like them. I have found myself using them more and more lately.
Haven't tried using an amp yet. Have to do that soon.
They are really comfortable to wear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back