Klipsch X10/X10i vs X11i
Mar 23, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #16 of 50
In January I finally bit the bullet and bought x11i.  I would have to say that the packaging was very impressive.  I almost didn't want to take them out of the packaging.  It looked like a display in a museum.  At first I wasn't all that impressed with the "improved" build quality.  They seemed like they were pretty much the same thing until I got my x10i out to compare them The cables are square instead of being round or flat,are a little better at not tangling and seem a bit more stiff.  The strain reliefs are definitely more sturdy as well.  They don't feel like a cheap piece of shrink tubing anymore, but instead it seems like plastic.  As far as the sound goes for some reason it seems like they have more bass compared to my x10i.  They have the exact same drivers so that doesn't really make since but also I did put shrink tubing on the x10i a few times and that requires high temperatures that might have altered the air driver casing and strain reliefs decreasing the seal since things expand when heated.  It could also be driver burn (even though I'm not sure BA drivers do that), or I'm having the placebo effect and am just really stupidly enthusiastic.  I read a professional review that said they have less bass but when my experience has been the complete opposite.  The thing that I don't like about these is the jack seems like its exactly the same as the x10i.  That was the first thing to go on the x10i for me even being careful.  At the time of purchase they were $350 which is 3x the price of the x10.  Hopefully they last 3 times as long.  I also have the Astell and Kern AKR01 which are an amazing set of IEMs.  I was going to compare them but I think I might go to bed instead.  If you guys are interested in a comparison let me know and I'll give you one maybe in the next few days.  I will say that they are mostly what we have been waiting for for the last 4-5 years correcting most of the durability issues that have plagued these headphones. I don't know why but the uniqueness or the size and sound quality just seems to captivate me.   

Apr 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #17 of 50
The x10/x11 are a fun, portable headphone to listen to for their size. Would I pay msrp for them? Probably not. They have no real amazing aspect to them, but they do many things well.

Apr 3, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #18 of 50
 They have no real amazing aspect to them

Well they certainly have for me. Klipsch buds are the only ones that stay in my ears.

I have just ordered a pair of X10is to replace my S4is after trying (and quickly returning) a pair of RHA MA750s, which were tinny, thin and dull compared to the luxuriant sound of my S4’s. To be fair RHA replaced them, commenting that they were ‘rather bright'.

I’m going to put shrink sleeving over the notoriously weak joint with the jack plug as soon as I take them out of the box. BTW, they cost £100 in the UK – around $165, including sales tax.

It was a toss up between these and the Sony XBA2ip. Better the devil you know...

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #19 of 50
   I also have the Astell and Kern AKR01 which are an amazing set of IEMs.  I was going to compare them but I think I might go to bed instead.  If you guys are interested in a comparison let me know and I'll give you one maybe in the next few days.

ok, this is over an year old, but I would be pretty much interested in that comparison. The X11 (overseas version without the i-device controls which I find a plus!) are selling now for 130 Dollars on amazon. As I am about to decide between the X11 and the AKR01 (which are rebranded Final Audio Heaven IV) I would like to hear a comparison.... (Maybe even compared to Heaven V)

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #20 of 50
Me too ! Having treated myself to a pair of Philips Fidelio X2s I’m looking for the next step up in IEMs. Probably go for the Sony XBA3s as these are now available cheaply, but the Final Audio Heavens get good write ups. A comparison would be great.

Apr 5, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #21 of 50
The X11 are outstanding. I also love my X7 at times more than the X11 as they don't go as deep into ear and sound is on par with X11. you can also get them dirt cheap right now.

lipsch X7 $54 w/ code REF7 at Buydig. 
Klipsch X7 $54 w/ code REF7 at Buydig  http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sdtid=7767521&sku=KLPSIMAGEX7&omid=200&ref=cj&utm_source=CJ&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_placement=6146845
Read review here. Same just no mike.
http://www.head-fi.org/a/head-fi-buying-guide-in-ear-headphones

Hard to find better for $

Read review here. Same just no mike.
http://www.head-fi.org/a/head-fi-buying-guide-in-ear-headphones

Apr 5, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #22 of 50

Bikerboy94: Any idea how much better the X11 is than the X10 ?

I agree with you about the X7. Main problem seemed to be build quality rather than sound performance. My X7 still sound great, and if I could buy them for $54 would probably buy two pairs ! (Amazon UK are selling them for £60 = $95). X10 are fragile compared to other makes and need to be treated with care.

Apr 5, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #23 of 50
God i loved my x10' s once you get the perfect seal they were sublime. Why am i speaking in the past tense.. the build quality, just terrible. All points of strain gave away after one year. Had the x7's until i lost them on a flight, they are a step up on build but do not compare to the sq of the x10. 

Apr 5, 2015 at 2:38 PM Post #24 of 50

Bikerboy94: Any idea how much better the X11 is than the X10 ?

I agree with you about the X7. Main problem seemed to be build quality rather than sound performance. My X7 still sound great, and if I could buy them for $54 would probably buy two pairs ! (Amazon UK are selling them for £60 = $95). X10 are fragile compared to other makes and need to be treated with care.

I think there pretty much the same. Just a model change. I also think upgraded cable made with kevlar.

Apr 5, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #25 of 50
I have no build issue with X7. I use at gym home take them in and out a lot. Have slept on them. Klispch is also very good about warrant issues as long as gotten from authorized dealer. Im A Kllipsch guy so im a little biased Have had my Quartets Heritage home speakers for 20 years now and going strong.

Apr 8, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #27 of 50
Apr 9, 2015 at 12:16 AM Post #28 of 50
It's so hard to make a decision. Now my local store has a promo on the ATH-CKR9 which I also really liked!

Also one issue seems to be quality control by Klipsch. I had to change my S4II three times within two years. At the third
time I was actually 2 weeks over the 2years warranty period but they still gave me a pair of R6 as replacement.

But if I get the X11 from some dubious seller on amazon Klipsch will most probably not honour the warranty.
Have seen quite a lot of cases where Klipsch denied warranty claims as the pieces were bought from an unauthorised seller.

Apr 9, 2015 at 7:56 AM Post #29 of 50
  It's so hard to make a decision. Now my local store has a promo on the ATH-CKR9 which I also really liked!

Also one issue seems to be quality control by Klipsch. I had to change my S4II three times within two years. At the third
time I was actually 2 weeks over the 2years warranty period but they still gave me a pair of R6 as replacement.

But if I get the X11 from some dubious seller on amazon Klipsch will most probably not honour the warranty.
Have seen quite a lot of cases where Klipsch denied warranty claims as the pieces were bought from an unauthorised seller.

Quality is fine well above average. Only people with issues usually mention it and with anything mass produced you get bad ones. Its easy to check with Klispch to see if authorized by contacting them or via there website. In the end get what you like and fell comfortable with its all subjective anyway. I have 3 klispch IEMs oldest 3 years with no issues. What ever you decide enjoy them. IMO the X11 are on a whole different level than the AT as would the X7. But again that's just me.

Apr 9, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #30 of 50

Quality is fine well above average. Only people with issues usually mention it and with anything mass produced you get bad ones. Its easy to check with Klispch to see if authorized by contacting them or via there website. In the end get what you like and fell comfortable with its all subjective anyway. I have 3 klispch IEMs oldest 3 years with no issues. What ever you decide enjoy them. IMO the X11 are on a whole different level than the AT as would the X7. But again that's just me.

You got me... Issue with the ATH-CKR9 is that I don't like how they look. To bulky. But their sound is amazingly clear. 
There are probably no more elegant earphones on this planet than the X11. Plus the fact I want to try BA earphones anyhow. Still a steal for 130 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back