Klipsch x10 or UE Triple fi.10?
Nov 27, 2011 at 4:21 AM Post #48 of 211

Quote:
OMG! You made the biggest mistake of your life by choosing the x10. The TF10 is light years better the x10. The x10 sound like a cheap $1 iem compare to the TF10. 
wink_face.gif

Couldn't disagree more. The TF10's are ridiculously bright to me. Listening to the audience cheering and clapping at the end of an Eagle song on "Hell Freezes Over" made me want to punch myself in the face. Plus many people have fit problems with them. X10's sound great and are FAR more comfortable.

Having owned both, if I had to choose one again, it would be the X10's.

Nov 27, 2011 at 4:58 AM Post #49 of 211
i HAD to order the X10s cause they wouldn't ship the TF10s to Australia.

and c'mon, lets be honest here, the TF10s are better than the X10s TECHNICALLY. but in terms of sound signature, they shouldn't even be compared.

Nov 27, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #50 of 211
Ill give you fit problems but that brightness you speak of is a plus, its not good enough til your ears bleed 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Couldn't disagree more. The TF10's are ridiculously bright to me. Listening to the audience cheering and clapping at the end of an Eagle song on "Hell Freezes Over" made me want to punch myself in the face. Plus many people have fit problems with them. X10's sound great and are FAR more comfortable.

Nov 27, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #51 of 211

Quote:

what the hell does bright mean? lol all i know is the vocals were AMAZING and she sounded like she was beside me...was creepy and gorgeous, i just sold em because the bass wasent enough for me

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #55 of 211

Quote:
I got both, and the Triple Fis sound miles better. They are literally better in every aspect for me. Also fit me great too so the one advantage the X10 has isn't that important.

I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the X10s. I was already on the checkout page and the mouse button is over the credit card confirm button. 

Nov 28, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #56 of 211

Quote:
I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on the X10s. I was already on the checkout page and the mouse button is over the credit card confirm button. 

I really wanted to love the TF10s. But after several months the awful fit became unbearable. I literally had to cram them into my ears ever 30 seconds or so. nikp, I really would recommend you try out a pair of Etymotics, even if you don't like them initially, bear with them and you will come to love them. I don't find the bass deficiency a problem to be honest. I used them alongside the TF10s and I use them alongside the Miles Davis Tributes, without ever feeling they are lacking. I'm still kinda tempted to get a pair of X10s though. I just want a nice bassy can with a nice comfortable fit that doesn't feel like a blob of jelly in my outer ear canal. :/

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #59 of 211
The X10 that I ordered arrived today. This is my first IEM since the Shure E4c. This was never even on my radar, but I got in on the TF10 deal and saw this for cheap too so I thought, "why not?" 

I didn't expect much because my only other experience with Klipsch is the Image One, which I hate. Anyway, here are some very quick, rough, first impressions:

Right off the bat, the thing is *tiny*. I think the size and the lightweight is what makes them so comfortable. My problem with the E4c (and why I never pursued IEMs) was the fit, as it always seemed to be falling out of my ear, no matter what tips I tried. For the X10, I just put them in and they stayed put. I've only used them at my desk so far, so it's not the more thorough real-world test, but so far I'm quite happy with the comfort.

The sound is *pleasant*. It's obviously voiced to be a mainstream headphone, in a similar vein as Bose or B&W P5. When looked at it in that manner, I don't mind it at all and think they do a better job than their over-the-head Image Ones. The entire sound is smoothed over, non-fatiguing and unoffensive. It doesn't try to impress you with crystal clarity, or fast transients, or sharp edges, but instead plays it safe and glosses over flaws in your music at the expense of ultimate fidelity. The bottom end is robust, but a bit too boomy for my tastes. The treble is smoothed over and rolled off, and lacks the micro-details as a result, but it's very musical, and engaging. I think I'm detecting a bit of bloom in the lower mids that makes these seem a tad slow. The imaging is fairly good, and I'm surprised by the soundstage in these IEMs (again, I'm not familiar with IEMs at all).

Overall though, I'm pretty happy. I wouldn't use it to analyze my music, but it makes it very easy to enjoy my music. After all, isn't that why we buy these gadgets in the first place? 

My TF10s come tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they compare. 

Nov 28, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #60 of 211

Quote:
The X10 that I ordered arrived today. This is my first IEM since the Shure E4c. This was never even on my radar, but I got in on the TF10 deal and saw this for cheap too so I thought, "why not?" 

I didn't expect much because my only other experience with Klipsch is the Image One, which I hate. Anyway, here are some very quick, rough, first impressions:

Right off the bat, the thing is *tiny*. I think the size and the lightweight is what makes them so comfortable. My problem with the E4c (and why I never pursued IEMs) was the fit, as it always seemed to be falling out of my ear, no matter what tips I tried. For the X10, I just put them in and they stayed put. I've only used them at my desk so far, so it's not the more thorough real-world test, but so far I'm quite happy with the comfort.

The sound is *pleasant*. It's obviously voiced to be a mainstream headphone, in a similar vein as Bose or B&W P5. When looked at it in that manner, I don't mind it at all and think they do a better job than their over-the-head Image Ones. The entire sound is smoothed over, non-fatiguing and unoffensive. It doesn't try to impress you with crystal clarity, or fast transients, or sharp edges, but instead plays it safe and glosses over flaws in your music at the expense of ultimate fidelity. The bottom end is robust, but a bit too boomy for my tastes. The treble is smoothed over and rolled off, and lacks the micro-details as a result, but it's very musical, and engaging. I think I'm detecting a bit of bloom in the lower mids that makes these seem a tad slow. The imaging is fairly good, and I'm surprised by the soundstage in these IEMs (again, I'm not familiar with IEMs at all).

Overall though, I'm pretty happy. I wouldn't use it to analyze my music, but it makes it very easy to enjoy my music. After all, isn't that why we buy these gadgets in the first place? 

My TF10s come tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to seeing how they compare. 

Heh, I got mines today as well (Stop buying the same things as me :p). Not much to say since I just plugged them in and am currently listening but so far nothing comes close to those magical LCD-2s. I got my TF10s on last year's Amazon Black Friday deals, the wire is the cruddiest wire (mostly the ear guides' fault) I have ever used, it breaks more easily than $10 cheapo earbud wires :frowning2: 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back