Klipsch x10 or UE Triple fi.10?
Nov 26, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #31 of 211
I would have made the same choice as the OP.  I've not tried the TF10 but I tried a Super.fi in the past and they caused tremendous pain after 15 minutes.  I couldn't use them at all.  I tried all kinds of tips over a couple of weeks before giving up and selling them.  Even the most awful sounding in ears sounded better to me because they're better than nothing.  From looking at pictures, the TF10 has the same form factor.

I own a pair of X10 and they are the opposite.  They're very comfortable.  They're not my favorite, in fact I like the X5 more, but I'd take them any day over something that causes pain.

Tremendous pain? How did you insert them? In your ears right?

LOOOOOOOOOL ahahaha

Nov 26, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #32 of 211

Quote:
Well i couldnt afford both, so i had to choose one! ): for Jude's sake im just a kid! D: haha, can someone tell me some 'good' things about the x10s for $90?

You should enjoy your x10. Many of us are just joking with ya. I'm pretty sure both x10 and TF10 are equally good, especially for the $95. How good an earphone sound is subjective. Something could sound good to one but may sound horrible to someone else.

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #33 of 211
Yep, I got small ears.  Comply foams didn't exist at the time, but I tried everything.  Basically the shaft was as big as my ear canal so no tips were going to be small enough.  It's not an uncommon problem and there were many threads on it a number of years ago.  For IEMs with small shafts, I use the smallest olives or comply tips and they're really too big.  I've recently discovered the small Ety triple flanges and they're great.

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #37 of 211
Well i am only 13. but the main reason i am, well was disappointed, was knowing that i could have gotten someone better with the exact same price. But now i can see even if they were much worse, i got em' for a GREAT deal 

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #38 of 211
& yeah, i got the Comply tips a while back, i honestly loved them. But they simply had too many flaws! First, i have small ears so they would in some way expand too much to the point it begins to fall out of my ears. Second, they're a bit expensive knowing how quick they ruin. And third, well personally, i just don't like foam tips.

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #39 of 211

Quote:
& yeah, i got the Comply tips a while back, i honestly loved them. But they simply had too many flaws! First, i have small ears so they would in some way expand too much to the point it begins to fall out of my ears. Second, they're a bit expensive knowing how quick they ruin. And third, well personally, i just don't like foam tips.

Maybe try their small-sized tips if the ones you tried weren't? 

Nov 26, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #40 of 211
Nov 26, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #41 of 211
Well a while back i had my amateur pair, when i had my Monster Turbines....xD... i bought em for those. & well yeah they did make a 'big' difference in sound, especially the bass, but since i had the turbines, they required a specific model of Comply tips. i think they were like t400 or i really dont know. but yeah i didn't see specific sizes, since i went to Radio shack. so i just picked em up....& so you're saying they don't just have ONE all around pair? they have smaller ones, in stores?

Nov 26, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #42 of 211

Quote:
Have you seen this thread? http://www.head-fi.org/t/337573/klipsch-image-x10-vs-ue-triple-fi-10-pro-initial-final-thoughts

It seems like triple drivers doesn't necessarily mean the TF10 will be more enjoyable than the X10. 

I ordered both of them, so I'll be sure to share thoughts whenever they come in. These will be my first IEMs since getting a pair of E4c's about a half decade ago. 

Yeah i've seen that post! Thanks a lot for sharing that, i read some comments on it, seems as if they're both great. And that's fantastic that you're getting both..... lucky. But yeah, if you can, just give me some comments on em, the pros and the cons :)

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #44 of 211

Quote:
I have both - TF10 are superior although X10 are much more comfy and stylish. If eBay wasn't so annoying I'd sell my X10. 

Yeah another main reason i chose the Klipsch was well cause they look really sexy! Im a kid and if its between something sexy or simple, i'm obviously gonna want the sexy ones :/

Nov 26, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #45 of 211
part of the reason I got both was because i had the superfi.5's w/ comply foam and they hurt. The actual chamber was pretty thick to begin with, mashing the foam down and inserting put a bit of pressure on the inner ear canal. after an hour or so it became tender. If the TF10's are similar in comfort I may sell them and keep the X10's if they at least sound similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back