Klipsch x10 or UE Triple fi.10?
Nov 29, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #91 of 211

Quote:
He's saying it seems like they don't have much bass because you've become adjusted to listening to headphones with tons of bass. It would be like eating at a buffet every day for dinner for six months, then switching to normal-sized, regular portioned meals. Even though it's not a small amount of food it might feel like it for a while since you're used to the buffet.

great way of putting it lol

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #93 of 211
Quote:
wow....... because the bass is lacking. So is this normal? People said these were bass heavy..

I wouldn't call the X10 bass heavy, but it's definitely not bass light either. If you want bass heavy, maybe you should have bought the Monster Turbine series. The X10 is all about good sound and comfort and comfort and comfort....

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #94 of 211
Nov 29, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #96 of 211
Guess the cable's so thin because Klipsch wanted to keep everything lightweight. 

Try inserting them deeper if you can? That should give you more bass response. And try different tips too.

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #100 of 211

Quote:
Thanks man, so you're saying that it's just me? & so that in a way, they WILL get better over time? Due to my ear adjusting?

For me, the sound (bass, in particular) didn't improve until I started using Sony Hybrid tips.
The oval tips that Klipsch provides just did not fit my ears properly.

Nov 29, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #101 of 211
What are you talking about. My TF10s barely gotten any use since the X10s arrived. They are amazing.The X10 is right on top of my favorite list right now alongside my ER4-PT and UE700. TF10 is really second tier in light of these IEMs. 

X10 has a more realistic bass than any other single BA I've heard. Not just fast and punchy, but very involving an enveloping, very much like a speaker system. The mids and treble are not as forward or bright but just as detailed as my ER4-PT, running out of iPhone 4 with apple lossless files. I'd say because of the darker presentation, the details are even more fleshed out on the X10 than ER4. And the whole thing is comfortable, smooth, and enjoyable. 

Even if the x10 cable is flimsy and will break in a year, I'd buy 50 of them to last me a life time. 

Quote:
Ive decided to decline the X10 Im not even gonna open them, I should have read A review before I bought them.

Nov 29, 2011 at 12:11 PM Post #102 of 211
Just a heads up for the uk crowd.  Amazon seem to reduce the price on these (well the x10i)drastically every couple of weeks or so.  Lowest I've seen it is £140 including postage.

Nov 29, 2011 at 12:20 PM Post #103 of 211

Quote:
Thankss but i've had the Klipsch s4s already and the tips that fit me great w/ bass were the mediums, and when i had those on the x10s, they lacked bass so badly i'm honestly really disappointed, are you sure there's no burning in nor getting better somewhat over time?

Thank god the X10 won't have as much bass as the S4. The S4's quantity of bass was unbearable for me. Looking forward to trying the X10.

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:34 PM Post #104 of 211

Quote:
Thank god the X10 won't have as much bass as the S4. The S4's quantity of bass was unbearable for me. Looking forward to trying the X10.

I just got my X10s and have only listened to them for 30 minutes or so. Compared to my S4's, the X10s still seem to have a lot of bass. It's much more controlled and detailed, but there is a good amount of it. I'll be interested to hear your take on the S4 vs X10 once yours arrive.

Nov 29, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #105 of 211

Quote:
What are you talking about. My TF10s barely gotten any use since the X10s arrived. They are amazing.The X10 is right on top of my favorite list right now alongside my ER4-PT and UE700. TF10 is really second tier in light of these IEMs. 

X10 has a more realistic bass than any other single BA I've heard. Not just fast and punchy, but very involving an enveloping, very much like a speaker system. The mids and treble are not as forward or bright but just as detailed as my ER4-PT, running out of iPhone 4 with apple lossless files. I'd say because of the darker presentation, the details are even more fleshed out on the X10 than ER4. And the whole thing is comfortable, smooth, and enjoyable. 

Even if the x10 cable is flimsy and will break in a year, I'd buy 50 of them to last me a life time. 

now now, I would listen to them for a while longer before making any judgements, let the excitement and hype settle in before making any serious judgements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back