Klipsch S4's have bit the dust......looking for suggestions < $100
Oct 21, 2010 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Q-Tip-81

Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm in need of your expertise. My S4's have a short and the left ear is no longer playing. Basically, I'm looking for an upgrade with a similar sound signature and matched comfort. The Klipsch ear gels are an absolute dream.....so I'm a bit worried that I'm going to have a hard time adjusting to anything else. I really do love the S4's, so I might end up just buying another pair, BUT if someone can suggest something very intriguing I'm all ears.

I really don't want to spend anymore than $100 since these will be used for the gym etc.....AND I'm not a fan of the 'over-the-ear' design.

Music Genres: Melodic Death Metal, Classical Guitar, Folk, Real R&B (Yes...I'm all over the place. haha)

I prefer warm to cold, and a deep/rich bass without losing clarity is ideal. (I know.....who wouldn't.....and for under $100, I know this is really hard to find) I want a full sound, but muddy for me is worse than a thin. Clarity is a must.

I'm not really an audiophile, so any help you can give will be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

Oct 21, 2010 at 11:30 AM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
Hey guys,

I'm in need of your expertise. My S4's have a short and the left ear is no longer playing. Basically, I'm looking for an upgrade with a similar sound signature and matched comfort. The Klipsch ear gels are an absolute dream.....so I'm a bit worried that I'm going to have a hard time adjusting to anything else. I really do love the S4's, so I might end up just buying another pair, BUT if someone can suggest something very intriguing I'm all ears.

I really don't want to spend anymore than $100 since these will be used for the gym etc.....AND I'm not a fan of the 'over-the-ear' design.

Music Genres: Melodic Death Metal, Classical Guitar, Folk, Real R&B (Yes...I'm all over the place. haha)

I prefer warm to cold, and a deep/rich bass without losing clarity is ideal. (I know.....who wouldn't.....and for under $100, I know this is really hard to find) I want a full sound, but muddy for me is worse than a thin. Clarity is a must.

I'm not really an audiophile, so any help you can give will be much appreciated.

Thanks again.

If you're willing to sacrifice a bit of isolation, the Panasonic HJE900's are a good choice.  They have a very similar presentation and their build quality is fantastic.  You'll gain clarity throughout and retain the bass of the S4's.  They are within your budget if you order them online (JR.com). 

Oct 21, 2010 at 11:36 AM Post #3 of 4
i replaced my S4's with the Brainwavz M2's. i am much much happier with the M2's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back