Klipsch S4 and Jazz
Apr 16, 2011 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

h8uthemost

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking to get a decent sounding pair of in-ears for less than a $100. And I've read a lot into the S4's, and as far as sound quality goes, all the reviews for these IEM's have been extremely positive.

The only thing that kind of alarms me about the reviews for these is that it's said the S4's have pretty strong bass. I'm not a rap/hip-hop listener, so that kind of thing doesn't really interest me. In fact pretty much all I listen to is jazz(maybe with a bit of blues and reggae thrown in here and there). I have no idea how many jazz listeners are here, but what do you guys think? Think these buds would be a pretty good choice for me and my listening preferences?

Thanks for any info.

Apr 16, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 6
I am listening to Sophie Milman right now with MEElectronics CC51 and it sounds much better than S4. Do look into it.

Apr 16, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the tip ClieOS. I'll definitely look into them.

You're talking about these, right?

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Clarity-CC51-WT-Ceramic-Headphone/dp/B004OBZ2W2

The thing is, I'm loving my SR60's, but I'm wanting something to cancel out a little more of the outside noise when I'm out on walks but I still want good sound quality. There are just way too many choices and reviews. I guess the thing to do is just dive right in and get something and see if I dig them or not. Just like I did with the Grado's.

Apr 16, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #4 of 6
Actually, I think I may just play it safe I get the Audio Technica M50's. I really like the sound you get the from cans, and having a closed pair should solve my problem of outside noise. The M50's seem to be well received and they're not much more than the S4's or Shure SE215's that I was looking into.

Apr 16, 2011 at 7:41 AM Post #5 of 6
I listened to M50 briefly before. Quite a decent headphone actually.

Apr 17, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks ClieOS. Still debating whether I should get these or the Shure SE215's(narrowed my IEM purchase down to those). But I really dig the sound you get from cans and I've really been wanting a closed pair, so I think I"ll go for the M50's. I can always get the SE215's in a week or two if I feel the need to(which I probably will since I really do want a decent pair of IEM's).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back