Klipsch promedia 2.1
Dec 13, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #16 of 22
They are easy to get at London Drugs in Canada (at least they were) but I don't know where you are located. I've seen them there on sale for as low as $100.00 CAD in the past. I paid $200.00 CAD for mine and that was on sale because they used to cost $300.00 CAD.

I've had my Promedia 2.1 for about 4 years now and have never had a problem with them. I have also read of some people having issues but that could well be because they cranked the volume too high for too long and burned something out.

Dec 13, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by schalliol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Monster sure does have a ProMedia speaker cable kit, but I believe it's been unavailable for some time. Here's the page on the Klipsch site that includes information on the cables. I have to say that I have never found a cable making more difference than this cable set over the original set. That is not necessarily a function of Monster Cable's superiority, but rather a function of the stock set's low quality. It would not surprise me if Klipsch improved the stock set by this point, but I don't know that this is the case.

I'd be interested to hear about what the person you know thinks about the JL sub upgrade.

Monster cables are a big rip and I can't stand them as a company with all the BS they like to bandy about. There are plenty of cables you can buy that are just as good or better for far less money. I bought a Rocketfish coax cable that has better shielding and nicer cloth jacket than the Monster coax they tried to sell me for half the Monster price.

In use dollar store 16g speaker cabler for my stereo speakers and I bet they sound the same as the Monster cables for a fraction of the price.

Dec 13, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #18 of 22
I understand that as well, but I believe the wiring is non-standard, so you could just terminate them yourself if you didn't want Monster's cable. Again, I don't think they're available anyway. Still, the factory cables are so bad that this upgrade is well worth it for the price.

Dec 15, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #19 of 22
First off I'm new here to this site but have been reading this post with great interest. I personally bought the Pro Media 2.1 Star Wars Edition of this speaker from a seller in Japan for roughly $80.00 and also did the monster cable upgrade. I have to say these are the best speakers I've heard for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back