Klipsch Image X5
Oct 31, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #46 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by techenvy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
which one of klipsh's iem's compete with triplefi 10s?

and the Klipsch X5, are custom right?

The post you quoted says he likes the X5 better than the triplefi. They're not customs.

Nov 2, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #47 of 56
I heard mostly that overall the SQ of the X5 is on par with the X10. But also, few said that the X10 is way better than the X5 (I haven't read that yet, just some stated that it was from what he read) In addition, one of my friends said that X5 details = 7/10 of the X10 and X5 bass = 6/10 of X10 that's why we feels that the X5 is more detailed. Can any owners of both out there give me some more info?

Thanks!

Mar 21, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #48 of 56
Anyone considering the X5 really needs to try them with Comply T-100 tips imho. They turned it into a completely different headphone for me, and took away all the discomfort issues that I had with the supplied tips. They're now my main every day headphones, the only IEMs I've ever really got on with, and get my very highest recommendation.

(I haven't had the chance to try the X10, so I can't compare).

Mar 21, 2010 at 11:53 PM Post #50 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickosiris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone considering the X5 really needs to try them with Comply T-100 tips imho. They turned it into a completely different headphone for me, and took away all the discomfort issues that I had with the supplied tips. They're now my main every day headphones, the only IEMs I've ever really got on with, and get my very highest recommendation.

nickosiris,

Glad you found a comfortable tip.

For me, the X5 and included tips are the most comfortable I have ever tried.....They have spoiled me for anything else!

Mar 22, 2010 at 5:57 PM Post #51 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickosiris /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree completely. They're the only tips I use. Although I got one stuck in my ear a couple of weeks ago. That's the first time that's happened to me in around 6 years of using IEMs and I'm not sure why it happened.

Another plus, they're built like a tank. About 6 months ago, I dropped mine in a parking lot while getting out of the car. About 5 minutes after leaving the parking lot, I realized I didn't have them and went back. I ran over them when backing out of the parking space but the still work fine. There's not even that much cosmetic damage.

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #52 of 56
The X5 is better in the highs than the X10, ther are bigger than the X10 and heavier. I like the X10 more than the X5, maybe because I love bass, but I really like the X10's smooth highs and incredible lows, they have a really warm sound which I really like. I suggest you to try the Etymotic hf5's they sound really good, even if they're cheaper. The Ety's have really good highs and neutral mids and the bass is just enough for me.

Apr 16, 2011 at 4:11 AM Post #53 of 56
Does anyone want a pair of Klipsch Image X5's? I bought them as my first pair of IEM's, but they just aren't right for me. If any of you are interested in buying them for ~$100 (all tips and carrying pouch included), PM me.

Oct 25, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #54 of 56
I have done over the ear tip, but it turning out that I also asked Unique Melody about re-cabling, but they said because fo the design of the X5 re-cabling wouldn't do much in terms of microphonics. I still have a good bit of microphonic noise on. It getting to point I am thinking about returning the(just got them on sale recently); so any other ideas on how to minimize the noise, or maybe a place that will re-cable them?

On a related note, any one know where I can get a medium-large oval tip(or plain old circle would do) that works with the X5? 
Thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back