Klipsch Image X5
Mar 19, 2009 at 7:27 AM Post #31 of 56
One other thing said:
Eh?
I never leave for the train to work without a hat or my X5s.

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:47 PM Post #32 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatmann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eh?
I never leave for the train to work without a hat or my X5s.

A hat that covers your ears? It might work with the cable straight down, but microphonics make them almost unlistenable for me that way. I have to put the cables over my ears and that makes the cables stick out.

Apr 2, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #33 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A hat that covers your ears? It might work with the cable straight down, but microphonics make them almost unlistenable for me that way. I have to put the cables over my ears and that makes the cables stick out.

I normally wear a fedora. In really cold weather, I wear a parka with hood over a cap with ear flaps. The X5s work just fine with any of this headgear.

-- Hatmann

Apr 9, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #34 of 56
I own the C3's and absolutely love them sans the kinking cable issues. But I am also looking into getting a set of X5's for use on my elliptical machine and on planes. I realize the secure around the ear memory wire is probably better suited for this but I want a seal and simplicity when I exercise or fly.

May 21, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #37 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by freeone-j /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Received my X5s Thurs. and I was very disappointed in the sound, at first! After 100hrs of burn-in, I'm truly enjoying their sound signature.

burn-in on armature drivers? wha? you just got used to the sound

May 21, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #38 of 56
Quote:burn-in on armature drivers? wha? you just got used to the sound

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
regular_smile .gif
IMHO!!
wink.gif
wink.gif

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #39 of 56
So is it confirmed? Do the X5s need burn in?
I just got mine today and so far I am impressed, the bass is much stronger than what reviews would lead one to believe.

Oct 22, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #41 of 56
I thought my X5s sounded thin out of the box, but after a week or so they sounded great.

Burn-in?

Nah, I think I just figured out which ear gel fit best and how to position the X5s to get a good seal.

Oct 30, 2009 at 7:20 AM Post #43 of 56
I just bought mine a couple days ago, and I am waiting for them, but I have heard the cable is not the best. What would you guys suggest to reinforce them? I was thinking taping electrical tape on the connections. Do you think that might work? Or will that in any way affect the sound?

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #44 of 56
I bought mine last year when they were on sale and I've had no problem with the cable. And I'm not gentle with them. I stuff them in my pocket all the time. My guess is they had a problem with early runs and fixed it.

Oct 31, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #45 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by oak3x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I currently own the Klipsch X5, and can confidently say they are the best IEM of which I have owned. And this is coming from a person who has owned most of the top brands / models from:

-Shure -se530, se420, se310, E4C
-Etymotic - ER-4P
-Ultimate Ears - Triple-fi, Super-fi 5
-Sleek - SA6 (these are also very good)
-Denon - various
-Sony - various

The X5s offer a amazing detail, yet balanced sound. Good Bass. The best comfort of any IEM and very good sound isolation(double flange). I specifically use them for my cross country airplane travel. I have been very pleased... Thank you Klipsch!

which one of klipsh's iem's compete with triplefi 10s?

and the Klipsch X5, are custom right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back