Klipsch Image X10i vs Monster Turbine Pro Copper ( which should I get or trade for)
May 15, 2011 at 12:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

viye

New Head-Fier
Hello, someone I know peronally wants to trade me his monster turbine pro coppers for my klipsch image X10i. I am not usre what to do. They are the ones with the ear hooks and in line control for iphone which i really like). I would like some advice on wether to trade or not.
Thanks,
viye.

May 15, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #2 of 12
Go for it. 

I don't think I've heard the x10's referenced as a "top-tier" IEM in awhile, but the MTPC received acclaim across all of HF. I personally have the MTPC and love them. Though, the only gripe I would put against the MTPC is the poor Quality Control on them. I have to send my 2nd pair back due to the left driver losing bass. 

But that's what the Life-Time warranty if for 
wink.gif
. If you have any Q's, shoot me a PM.

-Zac-

May 16, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #7 of 12
Elaborate on why you think they are "over-rated."

You've had to send 2 pairs back already. What's the point of "better" SQ (and that's debatable) if they are always breaking? A lot of people find them with build issues out of the box, that's a pretty big red flag to me.

That's true. It really sucks that they are always breaking, but I guess you could say it's made up for in the lifetime warranty. I have never heard the X10s, but have read much about them and technically they are inferior to the MTPC. Again, this is all just hear-say, so you can take my opinion on the X10s with a grain of salt. But what I do know is, to my ears, I feel the MTPC has [one of] the best SQ out of all the IEMs I've tried.

-Zac-

May 16, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Elaborate on why you think they are "over-rated."

You've had to send 2 pairs back already. What's the point of "better" SQ (and that's debatable) if they are always breaking? A lot of people find them with build issues out of the box, that's a pretty big red flag to me.

That's true. It really sucks that they are always breaking, but I guess you could say it's made up for in the lifetime warranty. I have never heard the X10s, but have read much about them and technically they are inferior to the MTPC. Again, this is all just hear-say, so you can take my opinion on the X10s with a grain of salt. But what I do know is, to my ears, I feel the MTPC has [one of] the best SQ out of all the IEMs I've tried.

-Zac-

Klipsch X10 have gotten a bad rap based on their original price point, and to be honest the SQ with them is outstanding - just maybe not for their original price of $399. As they get cheaper their reputation will improve no doubt, but you can't really say that they're technically inferior to MTPC when it's comparing apples and oranges (BA vs. dynamic). You mention the lifetime warranty making up for the frequent breakages, and that's fine if you're happy to keep shipping back and forth with Monster every 6 months or so - but I prefer to buy something once, and then keep it. YMMV I guess. 

May 16, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #9 of 12
Having both, I can tell you IMHO the MTPC are the better sounding earphone.  Bass is just as punchy and controlled, mids are more detailed and lush, highs have better extension and control. Soundstage and instrument separation are also slightly larger with the Coppers.  The only thing the X10 has going for it is its small form factor.

Again these are my opinions using both out of my p3+.  Have not compared unamped.  Hope this helps
beerchug.gif

Edit:  Also I have had mine from the original release and have not had any problems with build quality.  Not to say you wont, but I'm very pleased with the quality of both my Turbines.

May 16, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #10 of 12
Bah! You forget about the problems with the strain relief of the X10s; I know many people have experienced issues with that. I guess we can agree to disagree on the MTPC and X10. I thought the MTPC beat the X10 sonically though? Hmm, I may have to try one, but I can't really see myself buying another universal until I get the 1964-Q (well maybe the Radius DDM...) I advise you to at least try the MTPC if you can, unless you already have. By the way, I got refurbs for $90, so I only get a 90 day warranty :frowning2:...

-Zac-

Apr 15, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #12 of 12
I think the x10is are much more accurate than the Monsters. My dad had the Monsters and they sit in a drawer once he heard my x10s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back