Klipsch Image X10
Dec 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Aaron94

100+ Head-Fier
Our of pure impulse I just purchased a pair of Klipsch Image X10 IEMs off Amazon, mainly because I have been IEM hunting for a good pair for some time, and Amazon had them for only $89.99 compared to their MSRP of $350. 

Any first ideas about how good they are, I will not be receiving them until after Christmas so I would like to know their highs and lows before then. If Im not satisfied I could always sell them for profit!

Last question, since Amazon is one of Klipsch's trusted retailers I am guaranteed to have a legit pair correct? It seemed to me that having such highly priced IEMs for almost 75% off was kinda weird. But then I figured since Amazon was listed on Klipsch's site as a trusted retailer I had nothing to worry about. Just thought I'd ask here as well

Hope to do a review on them, to the best of my ability when they arrive. I plan to attempt to get more into this site and more Audiophile type listening equipment as life moves on.

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #3 of 26
As far as I know the X10s I ordered, which is the model without apple device control, was actually discontinued. They are no longer offered on the actual Klipsch site so, that is probably why they are so cheap.

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 26
These IEM's have been on sale this time of the year for the last couple of seasons. There should be no reason for you to worry about whether they are genuine if they came directly from Amazon. They are a nice set - you will enjoy them. I bought a pair last year as well as a pair of TF10's for less than $100 each. I ended up sending back the X10's as it was a bit much to spend on myself at Christmas when I had kids to think about. Kinda why I am exploring some of the "bang for the buck" headphones this year. (UE700, R1, VC02)

Dec 19, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 26
I have the X10i's and I got mine from Amazon. They are incredibly comfortable! (I did replace the tips with Comply foams though) I am amazed at their sound and how small they are. They are not overly bright, and coupled with my Cowon C2, are just great for jazz. (Other music as well probably, but I'm a classic jazz head) I use them on the train all the time and their isolation is such that I cannot even hear the obnoxious loudpeaker announcing upcoming stops on the train. And at that price, you can't go wrong. I like them better than my Westone 4R's that I returned.

Dec 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #7 of 26
I will be picking up my X10s from the post office tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed for amazing sound :p

Random question, is there a foam tip I can use with the X10s? Ive heard the Comply TX-100 model works with them but I want to be sure before I buy them off amazon.

Dec 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #8 of 26
Quote:
I will be picking up my X10s from the post office tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed for amazing sound :p

Random question, is there a foam tip I can use with the X10s? Ive heard the Comply TX-100 model works with them but I want to be sure before I buy them off amazon.

I have Comply tips for my X10's. I can't remember which tips fit the X10's - I seem to remember a chart somewhere. Also - the Comply tips come in small, medium and large sizes. I think I settled on the mediums, but you may like small or large better. They offer a multi-pack with the different sizes.  (http://www.amazon.com/Comply-T-100-Foam-Black-Pairs/dp/B003JBURNW/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1356490906&sr=1-6&keywords=comply+tx-100)  Good luck.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #11 of 26
I bought a set too on amazon.de for €126,-
Deeply impressed by the deep bass, big soundstage and colorful sound; they bare far better then my favorite IEM for the last 2 years, the Etymotic HF2s.
Build quality is less impressive, hope the strainrelieves on the earpieces don't wear out too fast, but sound is very very impressive.
In defense of the HF2s, of course the X10s  originally were 3x times as expensive, but for this price, the X10s seem unbeatable.

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #12 of 26
Yes it is a total steal at the current price, and it works even better with Comply Foam Tips and an AMP too!

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #13 of 26
..have them too, and absolutely adore them. Up to that point I had RE0, Klipsch S4 and Wooduo 2, really really loved Re0, but X10 is much more general IEM. The bass is phenomenal, their small size is perfect from my ears (I have problems with everything the size of RE0 and up, Wooduo is positively uncomfortable even with foam tips) and they sound awesome with every genre of music I throw at them - from King Crimson/Godspeed Black Emperor all the way to Bach Collegium's (Handel's) Messiah or Telemann's trumpet concertos. Massive attack on X10 sounds mindblowing, Calexico sounds so comfortable you want to listen to them forever, and well, you can see that I am in love 
ksc75smile.gif

For 90$ (their current price), IMO only RE0 compares, and only for some genres of music. 

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #14 of 26
So I just received my X10s, and .. my mind and ears are just blown! 

I'm so thoroughly impressed! Listening to them straight through my MBP retina's audio out jack via Mog 320kbit stream (Punch Brothers album "Punch"). I did order some Comply Tx100's with them and have one in one of the ears and the single flange small it came with in the other and am quite happy with both.

I'm just so happy with this purchase right now :)

Of course I was using just some Yuin PK3, so nothing tooooo special.

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:
This is a headphone that may benefit a great deal from resitor loading. It's not my thing but if you look at the impedance curve, a good amount of resistance should do a nice job of extending the highs without killing the bass. This would be a interesting one for Rin to play with.

Not sure what is resitor loading....more info please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back