Klipsch Image x10 x5 compared to Image S4 / S4i
Dec 11, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #31 of 34
Looks like the X10 sold out at UE. Darn was gonna get a backup.
mad.gif

Feb 23, 2010 at 4:24 PM Post #32 of 34
I don't think the X10 sounds to muddy, it's depends on taste. The only thing I don't like about the X10 is that the highs are too "smooth", they don't have that crisp, detailed sound that I like. On the other hand I don't have the S4, but I heard them in an apple store, the highs sounds better, the mids and low are good too but I still love the lows of the X10. I suggest you to go to an apple store or any store where you can try them.

Mar 28, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #33 of 34
I was just about ready to give up on the X5. I tried all of the Klipsch gels and they all made my ears itch and the X5 had no bass, even with the gels that seemed to seal well. As a last ditch effort, I tried the Sony hybrids. I use them on the TF10 and they fit and sound great. The X5 now has deep, powerful bass and hasn't lost any of the clarity in the mids and highs. Guess I won't be selling the X5 after all.

Mar 29, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #34 of 34
I'm finding the X10s to be great 'everyday' phones, very easy to just pick up with the iPod nano and go without giving much thought to it and wearing most of the day. They just don't call much attention to themselves, either sonically or physically, and provide a terrific listening experience for hours on end. Not sure how I feel about their $300+ price tag in a price/performance light, but not worried about it. I'm keeping 'em.

Coming from the S4s, the X10s just do everything a little cleaner without the bass bleed-over that often became tiring. They're just fun, extremely listenable, and smooth, with great bass power and depth...I roll now with these and/or my SE530s as a complimentary set of IEMs (more mid-centric ones).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back